EntropiaForum.comEntropiaForum.com
  EntropiaForum.com
Home Forum Register Gallery Dev Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EntropiaForum.com > Entropia Universe Info > Bug Reports

Bug Reports Entropia Universe bug reports.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2011, 03:23   #1
Hatchling
Mack Inept

Activity Longevity
0/2017/20

Fame: 0 Achievements: 0
Need to update MA hangar/VEGA "owner" list

MA,

You need to update your hangar/Vega owner list before any distributions. Maybe a moot point now, as I am not aware of any further ones, but you gave Vega deed to an old owner. Fortunately all within friends, so things got straightened out, but could have been a problem.

Hangar deed was actually originally traded the day before VU where UL thruster, e-mails sent out. These were sent to the previous owner....okay, so trade happened hours before VU, so not TOO surprising, but owner list should have been updated before VU was launched. And yes, deed had been "claimed" by the new owner.

Then again, weeks later, the Vega Deed was handed to the old owner. And, to make matters worse, even once deed was traded to new owner (me at that point), I could not get on the ship to claim it until the old owner granted my request to be added to the ship FL...even though I had the deed. Seems like a pretty poor implementation if you expect people to be able to reliably trade these things.

There needs to be a way for the deed holder to be able to get on the ship and claim without the old owner intervention.

I'm assuming you could file a support case, to have the ship manager changed to the deed holder, but who knows how long that would have taken.

Anyway....just a heads up if any are thinking about trading/buying one of the Vega (and I assume motherships are similar).

-Mack
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2011, 08:17   #2
Provider
Mikass GreenMikass Green

Activity Longevity
0/2020/20

Have you tried claiming from outside the ship, right clicking it?
Mikass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 13:49   #3
Hatchling
Mack Inept

Activity Longevity
0/2017/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikass View Post
Have you tried claiming from outside the ship, right clicking it?
Thought I did, but maybe I missed something. As far as I could see, the only option was "operate" and maybe "item info". And operate gave me "you must request to be on FL", or it sent a request to the old owner which timed out, etc...forget exact sequence at that point. AFAIK, the only place you can "claim" the ship is from the "???" terminal (yes, that is what it is labelled) inside the ship.

The old owner eventually logged in and granted permission to enter the ship (added me to FL), so was able to claim it and now am all set. This is just about future issues with other trades. And as a soc mate brought up...what happens if deed sold in auction? Does it get claimed automatically in this case? Old owner was a friend in my case, but I might not even remember who the seller was in an auction, or know how to get hold of them to have them add me to FL.

One ALMOST safe way to make the trade now, would be to trade only on the ship itself, then immediately claim the ship. Although, even that there is a small chance that the old owner can get in the terminal and boot you from the ship before you have time to claim.

If you can't enter the ship, the old owner retains all the manager rights and can basically use the ship in any way they want until you get MA to manually change you to the manager via a support case.

Last edited by Mack; 07-27-2011 at 14:02.
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote