EntropiaForum.comEntropiaForum.com
  EntropiaForum.com
Home Forum Register Gallery Dev Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EntropiaForum.com > Entropia Universe Info > Bug Reports

Bug Reports Entropia Universe bug reports.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 08:45   #1
Dominant
Roni Weak

Activity Longevity
0/2014/20

Geronimo Roni Last
Soc: Phoenix Rising Co-op
Fame: 0 Achievements: 0
merenge dancer

Since last update I noticed a couple of weird changes and I was wondering if Im the only one. It has mostly to do with the avatar animations. I tried some different settings in the advanced tab in options to check if I could fix it in my system, especially the physics option. I did a reboot and used the repair tool in the launcher. It did not fix the problem So this is what I experienced:

*after hitting a dance animation it auto stops after a short period and the "idle avatar" animation starts. I like the animation btw...makes it more life like
* when hunting I hear a "thumb" kinda noise when I got hit and my avatars head jerks back. That is nice. But after I got hit a couple of times my waist starts to wiggle, my arms start to swing and my head wiggles too as like Im a drunken merenge or salsa dancer. Quite embarassing. Actually, it made me almost seasick to look at. It stops shortly after the mob is killed. Is this a subtle way to say: RONI, YOU ARE HUNTING THE WRONG MOB

Also the update seems to have increased the number of crashes. Not just me, but also my gf and other players inworld. It used to be pretty stable except for some ram crashes which is my system's problem.

Anyone else?

cheers, keep dancing, Roni
Old 02-22-2012, 10:43   #2
Guardian
saradu Poor

Activity Longevity
1/2015/20

Wicked Saradu Hawklord
Soc: freelancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni View Post
Since last update I noticed a couple of weird changes and I was wondering if Im the only one. It has mostly to do with the avatar animations. I tried some different settings in the advanced tab in options to check if I could fix it in my system, especially the physics option. I did a reboot and used the repair tool in the launcher. It did not fix the problem So this is what I experienced:

*after hitting a dance animation it auto stops after a short period and the "idle avatar" animation starts. I like the animation btw...makes it more life like
* when hunting I hear a "thumb" kinda noise when I got hit and my avatars head jerks back. That is nice. But after I got hit a couple of times my waist starts to wiggle, my arms start to swing and my head wiggles too as like Im a drunken merenge or salsa dancer. Quite embarassing. Actually, it made me almost seasick to look at. It stops shortly after the mob is killed. Is this a subtle way to say: RONI, YOU ARE HUNTING THE WRONG MOB

Also the update seems to have increased the number of crashes. Not just me, but also my gf and other players inworld. It used to be pretty stable except for some ram crashes which is my system's problem.

Anyone else?

cheers, keep dancing, Roni
I am not seeing the weird avatar movements as you are although yes after being hit by the mobs, there is a real jerk reaction, and yes dancing for me is stopping and I did mention somewhere around here I am crashing like nobodies business now. It's very frustrating. Hope today is better. Do like the hair movement

The GF

saradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:09   #3
Dominant
Roni Weak

Activity Longevity
0/2014/20

Geronimo Roni Last
Soc: Phoenix Rising Co-op

Seems to be fixed with me with the last patch
Old 02-29-2012, 08:54   #4
Old
Fifth Poor

Activity Longevity
1/2014/20

The Fifth Entity
Soc: Task Force
Style: EF Space - Light

The last patch fixed the aiming-to-the-right-bug - while shooting the mob in 3rd person view you suddenly saw your avatar aiming not at the mob but 90 degrees to the right. It was just an animation glitch, actually there was no missed shots or anything.

Another bug still remains - inability to load the tool/weapon animations. It seems to appear when you switch items fast (fap and gun, for example), especially when you tap the next toolbar key before the current action is finished.
Result
- in 3rd person view your ava stands straight, and only rises the gun or hk time to time, instead the actual shooting animation or healing animation.
- in 1st person yiur ava is not aiming anywhere but simply holding the gun before its face.

This bug seems to appear more often in areas with heavier graphics (Amethera and new islands), less often in old Eudoria.

This one is more serious, because while the substitution-animation is displayed the crosshair turns into "no target" red cross and it seems some shots/hits will result in total miss (does not hit the mob, but there's no "MISS" line in the log either, like when you shoot at something that's out of range).

For the duration of the bug, in both 3rd person and 1st person your avatar's healthbar and the mob's healthbar keep overlapping (although you haven't selected yourself) so only way to actually see mob's health is to drag its healthbar onto desktop. Very annoying!

How about having some elementary quality assurance before any new coding is applied? We're not exactly the test group here and the game is not in alpha stage any more... Or is it, again? Kinda missed that announcement..
Fifth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:32   #5
Guardian
saradu Poor

Activity Longevity
1/2015/20

Wicked Saradu Hawklord
Soc: freelancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth View Post
The last patch fixed the aiming-to-the-right-bug - while shooting the mob in 3rd person view you suddenly saw your avatar aiming not at the mob but 90 degrees to the right. It was just an animation glitch, actually there was no missed shots or anything.
This didn't correct itself for me, I am still ending up aiming to the right and it's after the so called fix.....

saradu is offline   Reply With Quote