EntropiaForum.comEntropiaForum.com
  EntropiaForum.com
Home Forum Register Gallery Dev Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EntropiaForum.com > Planet Calypso > Calypso General Discussion

Calypso General Discussion Planet Calypso general discussion.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2011, 17:03   #31
Hatchling
Lorthis Inept

Activity Longevity
0/2017/20

Fame: 0 Achievements: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim|MindArk View Post
It was my decision, martial was too abundant and cheap which made higher up armors pretty much worthless.
Wow, thank you for a quick answer
You have more insight in this than me, considering you're from MA and all, so...
Lets just say I hope you guys are keeping a good balance here.

Have a nice day
Lorthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2011, 19:49   #32
Young
Toggle Inept

Activity Longevity
0/2017/20

Quote:
It was my decision, martial was too abundant and cheap which made higher up armors pretty much worthless.
Should it not be abundant, considering the fact that a sizable chunk of the player base that hunts is in the "mid level" range that it's intended for? People with the higher up armors are going to keep using them because they need that for the uber mobs.

Also wouldn't having large amounts of TT being burned up on L armor be a good thing for MA's bottom line? As it is now fewer people buy it because the MU is too high to be worth it, and that means more MU for the players and less decay for MA.

I don't really see how its a beneficial decision to either the players or MA. If it were UL, I could see that, but too many people using L items is bad now?
Toggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 19:53   #33
Planet Calypso Official
Kim|Calypso GreenKim|Calypso Green

Activity Longevity
0/2018/20

MindArk Official Supremacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toggle View Post
Should it not be abundant, considering the fact that a sizable chunk of the player base that hunts is in the "mid level" range that it's intended for? People with the higher up armors are going to keep using them because they need that for the uber mobs.

Also wouldn't having large amounts of TT being burned up on L armor be a good thing for MA's bottom line? As it is now fewer people buy it because the MU is too high to be worth it, and that means more MU for the players and less decay for MA.

I don't really see how its a beneficial decision to either the players or MA. If it were UL, I could see that, but too many people using L items is bad now?
The markup was so low that there was no reason to buy unlimited armor of the same or higher protection level. I want the markup to be high enough to encourage investment in unlimited armor while at the same time low enough not to discourage use. This balance is exceedingly difficult to reach.
Old 08-06-2011, 20:23   #34
Provider
Joat Inept

Activity Longevity
3/2018/20

Quote:
The markup was so low that there was no reason to buy unlimited armor of the same or higher protection level. I want the markup to be high enough to encourage investment in unlimited armor while at the same time low enough not to discourage use. This balance is exceedingly difficult to reach.
Understandable reason.. Now, can you poke the balance Manager so I can get my Angel set complete???
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 20:40   #35
Provider
Mischief Poor

Activity Longevity
0/2017/20

Steve Mischief Sunderland
Soc: Natural Born Killers

Damn, I did it again!

Sorry for the speculative response to Lorthis post, Kim. It wasn't my intention to start a debate on the subject.

Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 21:28   #36
Mature
SnowLeopard n00b

Activity Longevity
0/2018/20

Quote:
Is this supposed to mean that unlimited armor better than Martial is actually still lootable?
I'm an incurable optimist...
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 21:40   #37
das
Old
das Greendas Green

Activity Longevity
0/2020/20

dasouth Genious dasouth
Soc: CK

Quote:
& as a result of that.. hunting segs for mu is now worthless wich in return makes my salamander set pretty much worthless
das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 23:03   #38
Young
Toggle Inept

Activity Longevity
0/2017/20

This seems to be devolving into an off topic rant on how drop rates on Martial ruined the game.

Back on topic, if Martial is supposed to be rarer, we need the armor gaps filled then desperately, we need more mid level armors that don't cost thousands and thousands of dollars and are readily available. We either need more UL armors dropping or cheaper L armors.
Toggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 00:08   #39
Provider
Joat Inept

Activity Longevity
3/2018/20

Ok, not exactly a gap, but a solution for weapon with low TT-value that are tiered up,
they need some type of attachment, or crafted improvement, to increase their TT-value.
Quite annoying to be forced to have a bunch of them just to do a decent run, imo...

This is ofc about UL stuff...
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 00:26   #40
Planet Calypso Official
Kim|Calypso GreenKim|Calypso Green

Activity Longevity
0/2018/20

MindArk Official Supremacy

So with regards to armor you would say that the gap is between jaguar etc and angel?