EntropiaForum.comEntropiaForum.com
  EntropiaForum.com
Home Forum Register Gallery Dev Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EntropiaForum.com > Entropia Universe Economy > Entropia Economy

Entropia Economy Entropia Universe economy, prices, trends, deposits & withdrawals discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2013, 18:32   #1
Hatchling
Dr621 Inept

Activity Longevity
0/209/20

Wulfie Newguy Wulf
Fame: 0 Achievements: 0
Land Deeds; Worth it/Other info?

G'day forum.

As someone who has been playing EU since 2004-2005 on and off(With some year-long breaks), I recently looked into Estates and Land Deeds.. And I have a couple questions.

Are there any specific things you need to do with Land Deeds, like you have to do with estate deeds? I think I have grasped pretty well on what Land Deeds are, but what I'm unsure of is; Are there additional costs to buying Land Deeds? Anything you need to worry about post-buying some?

And as a general question, do you think it's a wise decision to invest money into Deeds, regardless of whether or not you're going to sell them later on, or simply hold onto them for years to see if they yield profit(which I'm skeptical of)?

-DR
Dr621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2013, 19:00   #2
Old Alpha
mastermesh Greenmastermesh Green

Activity Longevity
0/2020/20

it's worth it if you buy them and hold on to them long enough for roi to pay back on the price you paid. Then sell them and get back your roi as well as whatever price you can on selling it for...

At current rates, that is approximately 5 or 6 years til you start seeing profit above the level you pay for the deeds at today's markup value.

If you are not going to hold on to them for 10+ years it's probably not worth it. If you are, AND IF MINDARK STILL EXISTS BY THAT TIME, you might definitely see some good roi. Otherwise, it's waste of time to mess with them...

The other thing - depends on how much you want to deposit monthly... if you can't do that or don't want to, clds are nice since they at least give you a few peds a week to play with.

Knowing Mindark, they will likely change the ROI thing so that once they all pay back 100 bucks they won't pay out any more and it'll nerf the hell out of em all, lol. Nowhere in any of the Q&A sessions I've read has it been stated they can't do that... of course even if it did, mindark is known to historically go back on it's words... so it's all a risky gamble even if you do trust them.
mastermesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 00:18   #3
Old
Thran Inept

Activity Longevity
1/2020/20

Anya Anya Thran

I and a a lot of ppl i know would go to court if that happened, I have checked there press release on this and it is a binding promise according to swedish consumer protection.
Now I dont think the be that stupid, what they can do is just stop developing calypso and therby save money while leting the planet crash its revenue but i think the development makes them more money then they save doing so.

Last edited by Thran; 03-01-2013 at 00:25.
Thran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 14:59   #4
Hatchling
Dr621 Inept

Activity Longevity
0/209/20

Wulfie Newguy Wulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
The other thing - depends on how much you want to deposit monthly... if you can't do that or don't want to, clds are nice since they at least give you a few peds a week to play with.
Yeah, this was mainly the reason that got me seriously think about CLDs.
And, I think I figured them out entirely now. Sadly someone out-bidded my entire funds in a single, massive bid. (Though I admit the current bids at the time were ridiculously low, and I expected it to happen sooner or later.)

Quote:
Knowing Mindark, they will likely change the ROI thing so that once they all pay back 100 bucks they won't pay out any more and it'll nerf the hell out of em all, lol. Nowhere in any of the Q&A sessions I've read has it been stated they can't do that... of course even if it did, mindark is known to historically go back on it's words... so it's all a risky gamble even if you do trust them.
Like Thran said, they would be sued by so many people if they tempered with the ROI like that.
Dr621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 17:41   #5
Old
Thran Inept

Activity Longevity
1/2020/20

Anya Anya Thran

They may also be able to get away with lowering the percentage that Planet Calypso gets and giving that to MindArk. But as the last 2 years they been working hard on moving the profits to there subsidiary and also its probobly a standard agreement with all planet partners so dont think that will happen ether.
Thran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 13:28   #6
Young
Fiona Simmons Inept

Activity Longevity
0/2019/20

I must disagree a little bit with the Idea that you must hold the Deeds manny Years to see an return of Income.

Lets say you buy one Deed today for 1300 Ped and sell it 12 Months later for the same Price. (Yes the risk that the deed prices raise or fall are high)

After that you got 1300 Ped + the interest from 1 year
Lets say the average pay out was 4 Ped each week you would end up with 1492 Peds. You realized a profit without holding the deed 5, 6 or 10 Years.

However, the Deed price could crash , also the revenue from Calypso could crash. But taking in consideration the current Return of Income rate is around 24% for the original 1000 ped price the Deeds was relased with, even a blind can see this investment Oportunity is extremely high risk and whoever decide to go for it must be aware that he can lose ALL of his monney.
Fiona Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 21:19   #7
Alpha
wizzszz Greenwizzszz Green

Activity Longevity
0/2020/20

Nicholas wizzszz Wolf
Soc: Freelancer

Quote:
I think knowing that MA had PriceWaterhouseCoopers check the deed payouts leaves little room for such speculations.

Why should they risk that though, if all they need to do is to drive players away from Calypso until they have enough reason to shut the planet down (a.k.a. not enough operational profit leads to discontinuance of operation of Calypso).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona Simmons View Post
After that you got 1300 Ped + the interest from 1 year
Lets say the average pay out was 4 Ped each week you would end up with 1492 Peds. You realized a profit without holding the deed 5, 6 or 10 Years.
I'd really love to learn the math behind that.

1492-1300 = 192 PED

192 PED / 4 PED = 48 payout periods = 48 weeks.

But one year has 52 weeks and not 12*4 weeks, a result of pretty much every month having more than 28 days...
Old 03-08-2013, 00:22   #8
Old
Fred Zed Gerard Inept

Activity Longevity
0/2014/20

CLD is worth and is the best option if you wanna play EU at minimal cost or just wait to receive your investment profits. Of course all business has risks. But Holding CLD entitles you to have a share in the Planet Calypso.

This is how it works;

Q. How is the revenue share for Land Lot deeds calculated?

A. The Planet Partner Gross Revenue will be divided as follows: 50% paid to Land Lot deedholders (1/60000), and the remaining 50% retained by Planet Calypso (AR Universe AB) to cover the ongoing development, marketing and operating costs of Planet Calypso.

….

Q. To clarify, does this mean that of the 100% fees collected, 50% goes to Mindark, 25% to the Deed Holders, and 25% for Mindark to cover ongoing development (Kim's development Team I'm guessing)?

A. Correct.

If you calculate single CLD revenue you receive every week is around 4peds equivalent to 192peds a year which is 19.20% and not far from 25% as shown above. That means an indication of a Good Gross Revenue. But we still cannot predict the future. I am not claiming my calculation is accurate that’s only how I analyze it. refer link below for more details and I don't have authority to explain this in detail. I am not MA.

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threa...izenship.6515/
Old 03-08-2013, 13:45   #9
Alpha
wizzszz Greenwizzszz Green

Activity Longevity
0/2020/20

Nicholas wizzszz Wolf
Soc: Freelancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Zed Gerard View Post
If you calculate single CLD revenue you receive every week is around 4peds equivalent to 192peds a year which is 19.20% and not far from 25% as shown above.
FFS, is this the forum for the math impaired now?

A year, every year has 52 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-08-2013, 14:45   #10
Old
Fred Zed Gerard Inept

Activity Longevity
0/2014/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
FFS, is this the forum for the math impaired now?

A year, every year has 52 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I expected I got a reply from you . No problem if you correct me with my calculation (my calculation is 48weeks x 4peds = 192peds but this is still not exact, sometimes I got weekly revenue of 5peds or more or below) and I bought my CLD at 1000peds so I got an approximate value of 192/1000= 19.20% revenue which is still good for me although below the projected which is 24% to 25% approx... As I mentioned I'm not claiming accuracy.

What is your advise Mr. brainy? I'm afraid this will go for further about discussing with my spelling in this posts..no more words to say