EntropiaForum.comEntropiaForum.com
  EntropiaForum.com
Home Forum Register Gallery Dev Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EntropiaForum.com > Entropia Universe Info > Entropia Universe Press

Entropia Universe Press Links and discussion of news articles and press coverage of Entropia Universe.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2010, 04:04   #1
News Fetcher
Bertha Bot GreenBertha Bot Green

Activity Longevity
3/2020/20

Fame: 0 Achievements: 0
Post Rapid Fire Reviews: EVE and Entropia Universe - Virginia Tech Collegiate Times

Rapid Fire Reviews: EVE and Entropia Universe
Virginia Tech Collegiate Times
EVE Online is a massive, multiplayer online role-playing space combat game and seems to be one of the only science ...

More...

News feed provided by Google News.
Bertha Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2010, 01:46   #2
Mature
Impera GreenImpera Green

Activity Longevity
0/2020/20

Divide DeLarge Impera
Soc: Freelancer

Considering what he thought about this game, I'm glad that Bertha isn't a communist whom censures newsarticles.

On another note, I recommend Eve: Online to anybody with a brain who wants a merciless game filled with sociopaths who will do anything to ruin your life. It's okay to scam people. It's okay to pirate people. Steal from them. Infiltrate a corporation (like infiltrating a "soc") to bash their heads open when they are at their weekest moment. Eve: Online gets' 5/5 skulls filled with blood from me.

Worth to know is that Eve: Online offers 14 days free gametime, even though players can give away a buddy-key for 21 days.

I figured, if Bertha Bot is allowed to write about Eve: Online, it must be okay for me. Entropia Universe and Eve: Online are the games that I value most.
different. In her eyes, I'm not a monster at all."
Impera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:47   #3
Hatchling
chopchop Greenchopchop Green

Activity Longevity
0/2020/20

'but it looks like if this is something you wanted to try, you needed to have started years ago.'
chopchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 14:31   #4
Provider
Mikass GreenMikass Green

Activity Longevity
1/2020/20

What a rush job of a review. I give this review a 2 out of 10 stars.

When you review a product you have to really sink your teeth into it.

A good analogy would be: a guy only got to the airport(in some exotic destination) didn`t like the color of the cabs, went back to his country and wrote a travel guide about the whole country.
Mikass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 14:42   #5
Guardian
Jenny ferr GreenJenny ferr Green

Activity Longevity
1/2020/20

Jennifer Jenny ferr
Soc: Modified Perception
Fame: 24 Achievements: 2

PED = Planet Entropia Dollars

hmm I always thought it was:

PED = Project Entropia Dollars

So cant really give that review a good review lol

sad thing is players who haven't played PE/EU might not see it our way
Jenny ferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 17:27   #6
Young
NevadaJake Inept

Activity Longevity
0/2020/20

Drake Slade Corbett
Soc: Sol Imperium Citizens Korps

I am a current EVE subscriber and love it. I used to LOVE Entropia Universe before VU 10. MindArk had a beautiful world for us. The current state of EU is Ok, but it's just not as magical as it used to be.
NevadaJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 00:51   #7
Young
Silver Ice GreenSilver Ice Green

Activity Longevity
0/2020/20

Silver Ice Rayne
Soc: Michigan Militia
Fame: 11 Achievements: 1

This review gets two thumbs down. Noob logs in, goes sweating, decides he doesn't like sweating so deposits $10, cries because he doesn't know how to use his money properly instead of taking the time figure out what he should do with it, then writes a whiney review article stating you have to have started years ago to be able to enjoy the game.

Sounds to me like an instant-gratification junkie who should stick with mindless and effortless Xbox games that give you step-by-step instructions on how to succeed as you go along.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:21   #8
Young
Fiona Simmons Inept

Activity Longevity
0/2019/20

At least he didn't try to compare Eve with EU

Eu is more the kind of a Social Platform, fighting against the PVE content and sharing knowledge how to exploit the possibilitys to minnimize PED loss while Eve is more about PvP and getting an edge over your fellow co players with espionage, theft of shared equipment and massive battles over lucrative space ressources and territorys.

I play both and compared to the mass of entertainment offers from the gaming industry this two are my absolute favorites
Fiona Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 20:44   #9
Hatchling
ALEXANDER Inept

Activity Longevity
0/2019/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona Simmons View Post
Eu is more the kind of a Social Platform, fighting against the PVE content and sharing knowledge how to exploit the possibilitys to minnimize PED loss while Eve is more about PvP and getting an edge over your fellow co players with espionage, theft of shared equipment and massive battles over lucrative space ressources and territorys.

I play both and compared to the mass of entertainment offers from the gaming industry this two are my absolute favorites
Eve is more social than EU. There is a WAY higher ration of ppl using voice in Eve than in EU. There are more chatting possibilities in Eve than in EU.
EU has nothing over Eve... not even graphics.
ALEXANDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 22:11   #10
Hatchling
Libby Inept

Activity Longevity
1/2019/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ice View Post
This review gets two thumbs down. Noob logs in, goes sweating, decides he doesn't like sweating so deposits $10, cries because he doesn't know how to use his money properly instead of taking the time figure out what he should do with it, then writes a whiney review article stating you have to have started years ago to be able to enjoy the game.

Sounds to me like an instant-gratification junkie who should stick with mindless and effortless Xbox games that give you step-by-step instructions on how to succeed as you go along.
The funny thing about your comment is that players who started years ago feel the same way as noobs do nowdays. Not sure what this guy was thinking tbh. EVE and EU are totally different in every way

I like his comment:
Quote:
But my enjoyment of the game really stopped there, as I learned Planet Calypso’s colonization efforts pretty much consisted of, “Here is a gun, some mining equipment and no money. Enjoy the dangerous wilderness!”
I was dropped off in a spacecraft and told to go fuck myself after deposting. At least he got some equipment out of it lol.

But seriously, EVE is totally different. Its like comparing apples to elephants. Only real similarity is they are MMOs.
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote