EntropiaForum.comEntropiaForum.com
  EntropiaForum.com
Home Forum Register Gallery Dev Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EntropiaForum.com > Entropia Universe Discussion > EU General Discussion

EU General Discussion Entropia Universe general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2011, 21:17   #1
Mature
Peez Poor

Activity Longevity
0/2015/20

Soc: Freelancer
Fame: 0 Achievements: 0
Generally tired now of EU, not the game but the power of the players.

Hi,

Lived in the game loads, lived in the world a hell of a lot more of course.

When I look I round I don't see hope, love, compassion, care, fun.

What I do see is greed, ignorance, desperation, despair.

Now, if I join a soc or not if I get an ATH or not, none of this will change, and it's obvious why.

We don't get together and talk together and act together as human beings, but as 'participants', gamers in yet another lousy failed space.

My thinking is that if we got hardened to this abuse, not just Entropian, but gaming online as a rule, we might get the type of games we want.

Sit andfeel lonely if you want to. We al do that.

Or join me.

Look me up,Peezle, on Entropia and let us sort it out with muscle,
Peez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2011, 00:22   #2
Guardian
Magyar Weak

Activity Longevity
0/2017/20

Edward Magyar Republic
Soc: Laudanum

Waiting on some responses to the Advert group. It seems to have died.

So far I am leveraging the power of Facebook to alert folks to different social events within EU. Ive talked to crafters, AHR DJ's, and am even revamping the castle website to include facebook social status after I launched the Laudanum facebook page to go along with my website. Facebook is the way to make things happen.

Why?

I get more response and discussions in soc channels about Facebook news than I ever did about soc news on its own page. When the soc site was stand alone I would have to tell people when new items were posted and remind them to check. Now they check on their own. People logon to facebook daily and spread news. Bringing EU into their regular news flow keeps them thinking about it. Bringing the Soc into facebook makes them feel like more of a part of it.

This isnt about a lame facebook icon on a page, and then disconnect. Link the 2 sources together. Website updates Facebook. Facebook likes get shown on the website. People start seeing that others are doing something, and follow it.

The truth about people is most of us will not move on something until not the moment when someone else moves, but the moment when a crowd moves. Then its safe, and risk free. People can say they were part of a success, and not part of a failure.

I will gladly teach others how to use this plugin on their websites. I will do it for free. This is a way to start networking all of us together and create a movement. Individually we're small. 10 people here, 5 people there. As a group we can show that the EU platform isnt why we are here, its just a vehicle whereby we support and interact with each other.

Isn't that what EU was originally designed to do? Be a platform for people to interact with each other?

Feel free to join the effort.

https://www.facebook.com/Laudanum.Online

That will start you off.
Aesthetic Arts for your Entropian and Real World home.
Magyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 15:37   #3
Dominant
Roni Weak

Activity Longevity
0/2014/20

Geronimo Roni Last
Soc: Phoenix Rising Co-op

late bump

I just found this thread and maybe a litlle late but: I fully concur with Magyar's vision on using and even connecting multiple social media for Entropia participants. I have the experience that pple stay more in touch with facebook as it is an easy to use app that also runs on most mobiles. I created a group for this (also prevents the spamming from commercial bussines ads) and is mostly a combo of a blog, funny stories, funny pics or global pics. Even friends from another virtual world can be a member, some are just interested in EU without feeling the need to participate . Sometimes friends need direct help through chat: once I guided a friend at work from behind my desk: opening the Eudoria map and helping my friend (who was inworld) getting some tps....one day even chatted a friend through a broken Client Loader with the repair tool.

Cause its an easy to use app and most pple use it, facebook is a great tool. It will never replace a forum....this tool has a different purpose and usually a broader audience.

regards, Roni

Last edited by Roni; 02-15-2012 at 15:39. Reason: spelling
Roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 00:59   #4
Mature
tatao Inept

Activity Longevity
1/2017/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peez View Post
Hi,

Lived in the game loads, lived in the world a hell of a lot more of course.

When I look I round I don't see hope, love, compassion, care, fun.

What I do see is greed, ignorance, desperation, despair.

Now, if I join a soc or not if I get an ATH or not, none of this will change, and it's obvious why.

We don't get together and talk together and act together as human beings, but as 'participants', gamers in yet another lousy failed space.

My thinking is that if we got hardened to this abuse, not just Entropian, but gaming online as a rule, we might get the type of games we want.

Sit andfeel lonely if you want to. We al do that.

Or join me.

Look me up,Peezle, on Entropia and let us sort it out with muscle,
I totally agree, but most won't act, it's greed (at MindArk and players) and they don't even know it (ignorance).
tatao is offline   Reply With Quote