EntropiaForum.comEntropiaForum.com
  EntropiaForum.com
Home Forum Register Gallery Dev Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EntropiaForum.com > Entropia Universe Discussion > EU General Discussion

EU General Discussion Entropia Universe general discussion.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 12:35   #1
Old
The NN has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Activity Longevity
0/2016/20

Fame: 0 Achievements: 0
Let's summon it all up.

When at first I came to PEU = Project Entropia Universe, I was taken in by the whole grand scope of a concept that was made public through a promises of grandeure, and at that time it seemed much like the wild west, come and make your claim, was almost what we all felt was in the air. Now the only question that remains is how can we ever have an economically adventidious universe, without a proper frame therefore? MindArk had the vision, but not the backbone to see things through, now all we really have is some huge money consuming machine that functions like a vortex on peoples wallets. I think it is a crying shame that everything in game is all about what MA = MindArk can grind out of there users...

Perhabs someday, someone with enough money to see a real virtual universe through, will come along and build us all a better virtual experience, however as long as MA don't throw a bone in the direction of there clientel, so long will there not be a virtual future for anyone but MA, what I still don't understand is why people continiously allow MA to buttfuck them and like it at the same time, we've already seen how far MA is whilling to take this virtual universe, however what we haven't seen yet, is a succesful universe that actually supports its users interests.
Sincerely: Freelanced Game Agent, The Nocturnal Navigator.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2012, 14:04   #2
Provider
Spawn GreenSpawn Green

Activity Longevity
1/2020/20

well a big step was taken with the latest vu, to distribute loot in a different way. Now all mobs are huntable again, especially the smallest, so it's a nice turn for the better for new players.
Old 02-23-2012, 14:37   #3
Dominant
Neil Stockton Poor

Activity Longevity
1/2016/20

Neil Greenleaf Stockton
Soc: Greenleaf Rangers

And here I thought this thread was going to be about motherships.
Old 04-20-2012, 19:17   #4
Old

Activity Longevity
0/2016/20

well now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
well a big step was taken with the latest vu, to distribute loot in a different way. Now all mobs are huntable again, especially the smallest, so it's a nice turn for the better for new players.
I see what your point of view is all about, however i'm not so sure that you fully understood what imeant. i was ofcourse refering, to the fact, that no change has really been made, in terms of providing us with a system that doesn't just eats our efforts and investments on some high priced gamble. Infact it would seem, that if it weren't due to ignorant new players, MindArk still wouldn't be in business. what none of the people at MindArk still haven't figured out yet, is that by forming a system that would actually carry the users own interests thus providing the users with a real interest and income for there efforts, this would benefit MindArk so much the more. MindArk would then no longer harvest money on people gambling in an attempt to survive, or even try to make an income, people wouldn't be left with a dried up carrot at the end of some stick, on some wild goosechase. Instead they would earn money on there efforts, not to mention that MindArk would grow really popular for inventing a system that had provided a frame for new kinds of jobs. If i can figure it out by using my head,then why not an entire team of hard working economists? In short, if they throw a bone in our direction, they themselves grow popular on a new kind of game where real jobs take root. Sincerely The NN.

Last edited by The NN; 04-20-2012 at 19:32.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:15   #5
Provider
KikkiJikki GreenKikkiJikki Green

Activity Longevity
1/2020/20

i'm gonna go out on a limb and guess op is based on the previously expressed fantasy that with the right system, everyone can make money. But it just aint so. This is at best a zero sum game. someone has to lose. And it can't be MA.
Old 04-24-2012, 18:19   #6
Old

Activity Longevity
0/2016/20

Not again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikkiJikki View Post
i'm gonna go out on a limb and guess op is based on the previously expressed fantasy that with the right system, everyone can make money. But it just aint so. This is at best a zero sum game. someone has to lose. And it can't be MA.
Simply open your mind and think a new system. A system that offers virtual wares. is a system that offers two drive factors, namely economic business and so the wares are natually wanted. Regards The NN.
Old 04-24-2012, 18:39   #7
Sbi
Provider
Sbi Inept

Activity Longevity
0/2017/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The NN View Post
Simply open your mind and think a new system. A system that offers virtual wares. is a system that offers two drive factors, namely economic business and so the wares are natually wanted. Regards The NN.
Why are the virtual wares wanted? Who will pay for them? Are those paying for them making money?
Old 04-24-2012, 18:55   #8
Old

Activity Longevity
0/2016/20

Yes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbi View Post
Why are the virtual wares wanted? Who will pay for them? Are those paying for them making money?
Yes they will earn money if play the game. Sincerely The NN ...
Old 04-25-2012, 05:59   #9
Sbi
Provider
Sbi Inept

Activity Longevity
0/2017/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The NN View Post
Yes they will earn money if play the game. Sincerely The NN ...
How? (since they are currently paying for wares). And why should they buy the wares to begin with? What makes the wares wanted?

Last edited by Sbi; 04-25-2012 at 09:09.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:02   #10
Provider
KikkiJikki GreenKikkiJikki Green

Activity Longevity
1/2020/20

For MA to make a profit, someone else has to lose money. They need profit else there is no incentive for them to run the game servers. So where is that money going to come from? The players.
Closed Thread