EntropiaForum.comEntropiaForum.com
  EntropiaForum.com
Home Forum Register Gallery Dev Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EntropiaForum.com > Entropia Universe Discussion > Professions > Hunting

Hunting Entropia Universe hunting tactics and strategy discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2012, 21:57   #11
Banned
Ed Ward GreenEd Ward Green

Activity Longevity
0/2020/20

Ed Lguigui Ward
Soc: Secret Agent
Fame: 2 Achievements: 1

I would even add that in some cases, after repeating the same things with other words and seeing some mates still not acting accordingly... Then weeks/months later, when a skill unlock happens, sometimes, the mate comes to me saying things like: 'hey Ed, now i understand what you were saying... blablabla'

EU is not as easy as a shoot-them-up!
Ed Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2012, 22:02   #12
Mature
1coolboy8 n00b

Activity Longevity
0/2019/20

Fame: 0 Achievements: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Ward View Post
my own focus is not on skilling, skills come naturally now, without efforts. Actually i use tt weapons and get progitable hunts 80% of time
Anyway, what i do or will do doesn't matter... I or we would need much more precise details on your gameplay style to really help you...
Things that i do in society chat easilly, but on forum i doubt you will get the help you're looking for, i can only say you to analyse and discover by yourself some subtilities quite hard to notice at the beginning.
well u can always see what i hunt by tracker.
my setup shouldn't be the problem as iv put alot of work into setting up what i got.

Marber Bravo-type plasma annihilator tier 1 with accuracy enhancer & alekz precision scope / bullseye 3 on
My puller 1/2 shots per mob, depends if it agros or not.
--
p5a/a104 or a105 depending on how much penatration i need.
& bullseye 3, bullseye 4, longreach 1 on
--
p4a/a104 to bring the mob down to the smallest HP i can without killing it.
Bullseye 2 on
--
cap-101 / a101 to finish the mob.
--
fast aid fap-90 tier 3 with eco enhancers never used anymore than needed (2-5 heals per mob)
--
grunt armor tier 1/2 with defense enhancers with 2a's or 5b's depending on how hard the mob is.

think thats all my setup enhancers do go onto the p5a/p4a when the tier opens up.

really can't see the problem im going after mobs I always do.
1coolboy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 22:29   #13
Banned

Activity Longevity
0/2020/20

Ed Lguigui Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolboy8 View Post
well u can always see what i hunt by tracker.
my setup shouldn't be the problem as iv put alot of work into setting up what i got.

Marber Bravo-type plasma annihilator tier 1 with accuracy enhancer & alekz precision scope / bullseye 3 on
My puller 1/2 shots per mob, depends if it agros or not.
--
p5a/a104 or a105 depending on how much penatration i need.
& bullseye 3, bullseye 4, longreach 1 on
--
p4a/a104 to bring the mob down to the smallest HP i can without killing it.
Bullseye 2 on
--
cap-101 / a101 to finish the mob.
--
fast aid fap-90 tier 3 with eco enhancers never used anymore than needed (2-5 heals per mob)
--
grunt armor tier 1/2 with defense enhancers with 2a's or 5b's depending on how hard the mob is.

think thats all my setup enhancers do go onto the p5a/p4a when the tier opens up.

really can't see the problem im going after mobs I always do.
Well, many gamestyle exists in our community. Personally, i wouldn't use a 104 or 105 on a P5 for example. Even less on a P4.
Your choice of fap/armor does not fit my conceptions of the targeted financial results. (the goal can be to spend only 100$ a month, not necessarely play for free)

I have a good analogy in mind that will benefit all i think. (yes, not only those at lower lvl than me) ->

Let's see your EU life as an analogy of a shuttle that is in orbit around earth and has to re-entry to land. So, there you go, woohoooo

At the beginning, the pressure is low due to high altitude, you enter the atmosphere and the temperature is increasing.
You have to go down not too fast or the temperature will go higher the the structure of the shuttle can support in terms of various stress.
You have to go down not too slow or the temperature of the cooling liquid for the system that operate the ratio of O2 and N2 in the shuttle will stop functionning. (O2 is oxygen, N2 is nitrogen)

At the beginning of your life in EU, you're high around earth and as you are skilling over the years, you have to stay in the correct glide slope to maintain you financial results as targeted.
What you are experiencing actually, I think, is that you use to stay in the correct glide slope, rather at its lower limit, but you would need to switch to its upper limit, because the composition of the earth atmosphere is changing as your shuttle goes down. (as you're gaining skills)
Thanks God, if you fail in staying in the correct glide slope, you will only stop playing for some time, the shuttle exploding has other serious consequences... well

At the end, you'll be landed. In this picture, i see you landed when you are lvl100 everywhere, but for now those guys never replied to say something about it... If they see improvements reaching lvl 110 for example.

Also in all what you have said, there is a factor that you haven't mentionned, not sure if you've noticed if this is a factor or not yet... Well, those are theories, rumors, weird old stories, belief in some cases, not too sure, but from my point of view, you haven't included all parameters in your current analysis
Some kind of things have to stay secrets hehehehe
Old 02-21-2012, 22:43   #14
Mature
1coolboy8 n00b

Activity Longevity
0/2019/20

damn dude that was alot of typing... could of just sayed get the system when its giving out and not taking.
yes i know all about this and I time it very well. hints the HOF? lol

you wouldn't use a 104/a105 on a P5a??? if u look into it and test it on atrox a104 is the best thing on a p5a since the a105 is to much decay and a a103 makes u miss a lot more than a104 or a105 to balance it a104 seems the best.

my armor is all thats needed for what i would hunt, great vs atrox young to providers.
tier 3 fast aid fap 90 is great, cheap and fast and healing 40-40 with it i don't see the problem. no point taken extra armor decay and extra shots to kill something thats not needed.

Last edited by 1coolboy8; 02-21-2012 at 23:03.
Old 02-21-2012, 23:19   #15
Banned

Activity Longevity
0/2020/20

Ed Lguigui Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolboy8 View Post
damn dude that was alot of typing... could of just sayed get the system when its giving out and not taking.
yes i know all about this and I time it very well. hints the HOF? lol

you wouldn't use a 104/a105 on a P5a??? if u look into it and test it on atrox a104 is the best thing on a p5a since the a105 is to much decay and a a103 makes u miss a lot more than a104 or a105 to balance it a104 seems the best.

my armor is all thats needed for what i would hunt, great vs atrox young to providers.
tier 3 fast aid fap 90 is great, cheap and fast and healing 40-40 with it i don't see the problem. no point taken extra armor decay and extra shots to kill something thats not needed.
for example, i have rare misses using a 104 or 105 or 103.
for example, i rather put heal enhancers on fap and heal 100/hit slowly.
for example, young to providers atrox are not worth the hunt, so a better armor with low decay is just fine.
for example, we can't really help you because we don't know at what levels you are. there are enough skills to make the possible set of skills not beeing able to give an advice that will work for sure. This is all about feeling your potentials and exploiting them. What seems logical to you is the exact opposite for me as i said in the 'for example' of this post.
Just about armor, am not sure that having to heal fully once per mob is the best choice in all cases. (vs hte setup hitting you 1.0 dmg)

Can give you insights but only you will analyze and know what's good for you.
Old 02-21-2012, 23:31   #16
Banned

Activity Longevity
0/2020/20

Ed Lguigui Ward

One thought that can help you in this case:

If you don't have enough skills to use a 103 without too much misses on your P5, I would recommand more skilling, or forget this setup/mob until then and find another mob to hunt.
If the problem is skills, there is no setup that will solve your problem. Change your target and go back to trox later
Old 02-21-2012, 23:53   #17
Mature
1coolboy8 n00b

Activity Longevity
0/2019/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Ward View Post
One thought that can help you in this case:

If you don't have enough skills to use a 103 without too much misses on your P5, I would recommand more skilling, or forget this setup/mob until then and find another mob to hunt.
If the problem is skills, there is no setup that will solve your problem. Change your target and go back to trox later

well these are my skills
Laser Pistoleer (Hit) Professional,38 (90.12% into level)
Ranged laser (Dmg) Veteran,36 (98.27% into level)

they are my handgun skills, handgun is about all i use apart from the sniper.

I chipped up my Evader some time ago when it was lower, its now at Adept,18
Prob why I have no problems taking out biggish mobs with my Grunt armor.

eye man changing mobs didn't work was still getting same bad results in loot.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:12   #18
Banned

Activity Longevity
0/2020/20

Ed Lguigui Ward

well, i tend to think that with 104/105 on a P5, if you had profitable hunts, you were lucky and be prepared for a long down period to stay on average.
And we know only 2 of your profession levels, things are much deeper interconnected as you noticed too am sure.
But things will improve when you get combat sense, wounding and avoidance, you're not too far!

Maybe use low setup a week, 10 days then back to the setup you know, sometimes, it's just a question of days.

What is sure is that what you experienced since a year did not worked out recently, and i wasn't refering earlier to the idea to go hunt in high period vs low periods... There are many tips... I believe you can influence the loot directly both in good or bad period, but I keep that for society. Just hints there, can't be proven anyway.

Last edited by Ed Ward; 02-22-2012 at 02:27.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:59   #19
Mature
1coolboy8 n00b

Activity Longevity
0/2019/20

laser Pistoleer (hit) 38
Ranged laser (dmg) 36
plasma pistoleer (hit) 32
BLP pistoleer (hit) 32
plasma sniper (hit) 32
BLP sniper (hit) 25
ranged plasma (dmg) 25
ranged blp (dmg) 25
gauss sniper (hit) 24
ranged gauss (dmg) 22
grenadier (dmg) 22
paramedic 19
mounted laser (hit) 19
eveder 18
grenadier (hit) 13
gunner (dmg) 13
swordsman (dmg) 13
brawler (dmg) 13
mounted blp (hit) 12
knifefigher (dmg) 12
whipper (dmg) 12
one handed clubber (dmg)12
two handed clubber (dmg) 12
dodger 10
decoy dispenser 9
gunner (hit) 9
swordsman (hit) 7
knifefighter (hit) 7
two handed clubber (hit) 5
one handed clubber (hit) 5
spacecraft engineering 5
captain 4

thats everything under combat skills.

Attributes~
Health 123
agility 66
intelligence 50
psyche 45
strength 32
stamina 2 (should be HIGHER!) never got the stamina point for zombie mission on RT and another one I never got at the starting arena. sucks..
Old 02-22-2012, 05:35   #20
Banned

Activity Longevity
0/2020/20

Ed Lguigui Ward

hehe tanx for the list, I would recommand focusing on health and paramedic to use UR125 one day. Your health seems low and you could save time (and increase dmg/min) with more health. (I see in your list that you've not hunted with a sword, a few months in greece would do you good things for your health)

That does not explain a drastic change you're saying having experienced.

I keep thinking you're spending too much on amp decay -> if you want more dmg, use another gun. (the additional decay bill from a 104 or 105 can't be absorbed by an increase of loot from the additional dmg provided to your P5, small amp are for small guns and big amp for big guns, if you really want to use a P5, hunt wo amp or a 103 amp if you accept misses)
I see you're not far from beeing able to use a svempa X1, if you can add a Dante on it, your life will change, haha. (i mean look stats at auction, there you get the skills where blp becomes more interesting than laser)

I also believe that as you get skills, your loot can drop, for not so clear reasons -> would it be you're not using SIB? would it be the 'system' wants you to use bigger guns? or simply because when you are the only one hunting (same for mining as far as i know) a spot, you get higher loot, and when people to do the same as you, the loot is lower?

An idea I was meaning through all posts, is that you can't do the same things forever in EU, you have to change your habits and find new spots, new mobs, etc, or the loot tends to decrease, weirdly.

Last edited by Ed Ward; 02-22-2012 at 05:50.