EntropiaForum.comEntropiaForum.com
  EntropiaForum.com
Home Forum Register Gallery Dev Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EntropiaForum.com > Entropia Universe Discussion > n00bs Corner

n00bs Corner Entropia Universe new participant discussions and questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2012, 23:12   #1
Hatchling
TwR024 Inept

Activity Longevity
0/2013/20

Fame: 0 Achievements: 0
New Player Needs advice

I'm looking for some advice and opinions on what I should do now...

I started playing EU 2 days ago, and now sit on Arkadia with Broken (L) weapons. I was going through all of the starter quests Over at the Relentless Firebase Academy and was only able to get 1.56 PED while going through all of my starter (L) weapons. Now I have broken weapons that can't be repaired, and not enough PED to buy something that works (trade/auction terminals).

All I can do right now is run around and collect Vibrant sweat from some Carabok Puny. My next quest requires me to kill things, which is impossible at the moment...

And advice on what to do? Is there somewhere on Arkadia to sell sweat? Or is there a weapon somewhere that is cheaper than 1.56 PED? Or is there some other place I should go?
TwR024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2012, 23:47   #2
Provider
raxxor Poor

Activity Longevity
2/2015/20

Mr raxxor Swedir
Soc: Swedish Rangers

I strongly recommend you deposit if you wanna enjoy the full experience of entropia. If you I suggest you get a mentor which can advice you on what to buy.

If you wanna sell sweat I recommend you go to Celeste Quarry.

Good choice to start in arkadia
Old 03-24-2012, 00:25   #3
Hatchling
TwR024 Inept

Activity Longevity
0/2013/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by raxxor View Post
I strongly recommend you deposit if you wanna enjoy the full experience of entropia. If you I suggest you get a mentor which can advice you on what to buy.

If you wanna sell sweat I recommend you go to Celeste Quarry.

Good choice to start in arkadia
Thanks for the response...

I tried to deposit, but none of the deposit methods will work right for me.

I will check in with Celeste Quarry and see if I can find a buyer for sweat. (Any idea what price I should ask for the sweat?)

Is it possible for people to make their way through the game without a deposit these days? Or should I just go back to my other games...
Old 03-24-2012, 01:04   #4
Old Alpha
mastermesh Greenmastermesh Green

Activity Longevity
0/2020/20

If you don't mind sweating and just chatting, you might be ok... If you want to go for more a lot faster, depositing is the best way to go.
mastermesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 20:15   #5
Provider
FlorencioNineWind Inept

Activity Longevity
0/2016/20

Florencio Nine Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwR024 View Post
Thanks for the response...

I tried to deposit, but none of the deposit methods will work right for me.
That's sad to hear I would look into trying to get some sort of depositing method that will work. You can't do a whole lot in this game anymore unless you are able to deposit at least a little.

Quote:
I will check in with Celeste Quarry and see if I can find a buyer for sweat. (Any idea what price I should ask for the sweat?)
I would go with about 2ped/k (k=1000 bottles). But try to get as much as you can. The different planets do vary slightly so maybe stand around Celeste Quarry and see what others are trying to sell for. It can take awhile to get sweat sold so don't give up in the first couple of hours.

Quote:
Is it possible for people to make their way through the game without a deposit these days? Or should I just go back to my other games...
I for one am a free player and have never deposited once in my 1+year of playing. However, as sweat becomes more and more useless it is now becoming impossible to play without depo unless you don't mind just exploring, sweating, and chatting. I ended up saving up enough ped to buy 1 Calypso Land Plot deed which will provide enough revenue for the most important expenses such as fuel for transport and now don't even bother trying to sell the sweat I collect.
FlorencioNineWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 00:50   #6
Hatchling
TwR024 Inept

Activity Longevity
0/2013/20

Thanks for all the info, this stuff will really help.

It sounds like there might be a possibility to make it past the deposit if I can be patient and dedicate myself to sweating/selling, so I will give it a shot. I am really interested in this game so I will try... I could put a lot of time in to this game.

Lucky for me, I live a life right now where I can dedicate as much time as I want, to whatever I want. I don't have to work at all for the next month if I don't want to, and I can choose my hours if I do want to work... I could put a lot of time in to this game if I want to, and I do want to... I just have to get past the deposit somehow.

So if I sweat it out, and dedicate myself... How much PED should I go for and what weapon should I get to start? Should I stick to weapons that aren't (L) so I can repair them? Or is it cheaper to rebuy one of the (L) weapons? Im looking for something with the cheapest upkeep (repairs/ammo). And how important is it to get armor right now...
Old 03-27-2012, 16:28   #7
Dominant
Roni Weak

Activity Longevity
0/2015/20

Geronimo Roni Last
Soc: Phoenix Rising Co-op

Quote:
Thanks for all the info, this stuff will really help.

It sounds like there might be a possibility to make it past the deposit if I can be patient and dedicate myself to sweating/selling, so I will give it a shot. I am really interested in this game so I will try... I could put a lot of time in to this game.

Lucky for me, I live a life right now where I can dedicate as much time as I want, to whatever I want. I don't have to work at all for the next month if I don't want to, and I can choose my hours if I do want to work... I could put a lot of time in to this game if I want to, and I do want to... I just have to get past the deposit somehow.

So if I sweat it out, and dedicate myself... How much PED should I go for and what weapon should I get to start? Should I stick to weapons that aren't (L) so I can repair them? Or is it cheaper to rebuy one of the (L) weapons? Im looking for something with the cheapest upkeep (repairs/ammo). And how important is it to get armor right now...
First: welcome to Entropia!

If you can hitch a ride to Next Island planet you get the NIP for free, a laser pistol with stats like the Sollomate Opalo...just cant be amped..but its a good starters gun. The L guns from Arkadia TT are good to start with..I think the CAP101 laser pistol goes for 5 PED, same for the BLP pistol. I still use them when hunting small mobs.

I dont know in which country you live, but I deposit with Paysafe. Its a ticket with a code you enter on the EU official site (support page). The Paysafe tickets are widely available in my country. Its also a way to safeguard my CC

Regards, Roni
Roni is offline   Reply With Quote