Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depo methods

Young

Depo methods

Hello i was wondering there was any sort of game card avalable in the US that i could exchange for PED.... reason being im looking for a present for my mom (yes she plays) and since i suck at buying useful presents i as gonna get her a card she could waste

thanks

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by xantok View Post
    Hello i was wondering there was any sort of game card avalable in the US that i could exchange for PED.... reason being im looking for a present for my mom (yes she plays) and since i suck at buying useful presents i as gonna get her a card she could waste

thanks
    I actually just got a Prepaid Visa gift card, but it's not able to be used for deposits. I had to resolve my issue by giving the gift card to a family member so that they can deposit via their debit card from their checking account. Other than that, I'm not aware of any actual cards to use yet.

Your Possible Deposit Methods:

- Credit/Debit Cards
    - Paynova
    - Paysafecard
    - PayByCash
    - Ukash
    - PED Certificate
    - Bank Deposit

Proud member of NBK since February 2010

Young
    ok thank you

I really hope that MA will eventually do something like this for us in the US because not all our banks here will process international transactions. I did get the Green Dot visa last year but it was such a hassle just to get PED...

Quote Originally Posted by zealousquiche View Post
    I really hope that MA will eventually do something like this for us in the US because not all our banks here will process international transactions. I did get the Green Dot visa last year but it was such a hassle just to get PED...
    I live in the US, but I actually didn't think there was other options for us. I took some time to look up information regarding the deposit method using PaySafeCard.

PaySafeCard website listed below ...

http://www.paysafecard.com/us/

You can locate retailers that sell you options just like prepaid visa gift cards and such with $25,$50 up to $100 amount slips. You pay for it, and the receipt that you receive at the location of purchase will have a PIN code that you enter to make a deposit. This payment method might not be on the ingame transfer center, but you can deposit via PaySafeCard on the actual PlanetCalypso website. Hope it helps!

Hatchling

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by JavierChavez View Post
    I live in the US, but I actually didn't think there was other options for us. I took some time to look up information regarding the deposit method using PaySafeCard.

PaySafeCard website listed below ...

http://www.paysafecard.com/us/

You can locate retailers that sell you options just like prepaid visa gift cards and such with $25,$50 up to $100 amount slips. You pay for it, and the receipt that you receive at the location of purchase will have a PIN code that you enter to make a deposit. This payment method might not be on the ingame transfer center, but you can deposit via PaySafeCard on the actual PlanetCalypso website. Hope it helps!
    I tried this and it DID NOT work. Entropia does not accept PaySafeCards bought in the United States. Now I've got to figure out a way to get a refund.

Have you tried to ask support? I think I had friends who used prepaid VISA cards tho, but dont know what they really are lol

Quote Originally Posted by Taxton Star View Post
    I tried this and it DID NOT work. Entropia does not accept PaySafeCards bought in the United States. Now I've got to figure out a way to get a refund.
    Really? That's what I thought too, but I contacted support on the issue. It took them about a month to reply. They said that you could buy the US PaySafeCard with the specified amount that you want, but the person will NEED to exchange/convert the USD currency to their GBP or EUR currency offered.

I haven't tested it since that response, but I'll look into it someday soon. I didn't remember seeing a spot on PaySafeCard website to convert currencies.

Here's the question I asked them regarding it and their response below....

Question:

Hello. I noticed and read up on PaySafeCard for those of us that don't use bank accounts etc...

In the deposit window, it only shows two forms of currency, EUR and GBP. If I was to purchase a PaySafeCard in the USA, would the US currency still work as a deposit method? If so, which form of currency should I set it to when making a deposit using this method, and would I need to convert my US amount on the card to whichever currency you suggest to set? Thanks in advance!

Response

Hi,

Thank you for your patience. Paysafecard has informed us that you will be able to use the paysafecard vouchers with these currencies ojnly if you exchange them to EUR or GBP at Paysafecard's website.

Kind regards,

Leslie | Planet Calypso Support

I'd suggest checking the PaySafeCard website if you haven't already, but according to the response it's possible.
    Last edited by JavierChavez; 01-29-2011 at 17:54. Reason: Added Actual Support Case Question/Response

Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by JavierChavez View Post
    Really? That's what I thought too, but I contacted support on the issue. It took them about a month to reply. They said that you could buy the US PaySafeCard with the specified amount that you want, but the person will NEED to exchange/convert the USD currency to their GBP or EUR currency offered.

I haven't tested it since that response, but I'll look into it someday soon. I didn't remember seeing a spot on PaySafeCard website to convert currencies.

Here's the question I asked them regarding it and their response below....

Question:

Hello. I noticed and read up on PaySafeCard for those of us that don't use bank accounts etc...

In the deposit window, it only shows two forms of currency, EUR and GBP. If I was to purchase a PaySafeCard in the USA, would the US currency still work as a deposit method? If so, which form of currency should I set it to when making a deposit using this method, and would I need to convert my US amount on the card to whichever currency you suggest to set? Thanks in advance!

Response

Hi,

Thank you for your patience. Paysafecard has informed us that you will be able to use the paysafecard vouchers with these currencies ojnly if you exchange them to EUR or GBP at Paysafecard's website.

Kind regards,

Leslie | Planet Calypso Support

I'd suggest checking the PaySafeCard website if you haven't already, but according to the response it's possible.

Yes, I am quite certain that it can not be used. This is the message I get when trying to use the pin to deposit.

We regret we cannot process this transaction. The website is still not ready to accept paysafecards obtained in USA. We hope to solve this very soon. For more information, please contact the website or paysafecard at 0 800 444 2924 or

I tried converting for Pounds Sterling and the Euro, neither of which worked. I called paysafecard and they didn't seem surprised that it could not be used. I got a Green Dot card today and it hasn't worked yet either.
    Bah! Since my bank won't deal with MA I have been through such a run around. I think that Mindark needs to figure out a method for US customers to pay, without using the paybycash (which taxes 50 ped on 20 dollars plus $3.49 if you don't use the ultimate game card).

I use UKash, yes they take a % but it's quick & easy. It also means my bank account details are safe.

In the UK you get UKash from anywhere that shows the yellow Pay Point sign outside the store. Same place you top up you Electric keys pay bills & all that sort stuff.

Not sure if it's the same in the US but I belive you have UKash their?

Spongey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast