Entropia Universe 11.4.4 Release Notes

New Features

Dynamic Content Distribution Release Step 1

The Entropia Universe content is continually increasing due to the expansion of Entropia Universe. This makes it necessary to make the download process smoother.

In this release, we have implemented the Dynamic Content Distribution, step 1. The overall download process has been optimized to achieve faster download speed of a new release as well as faster download speed of the full client compared to previous behavior. The optimization mainly consists of new technology that enables accelerated download and the introduction of dynamic download.

In the Client Loader tools (click the Tools button in the bottom right corner, next to the Launch button), there is a new tab, called Folders. Here you can choose the folder to where the Entropia Universe content will be dynamically downloaded. The default folder setting is designed to work well with Windows Vista and Windows 7 UAC as well as with Windows XP.

Note: If you have Windows Vista or Windows 7 and have installed Entropia Universe to Program Files - as default, all game content will be moved to your local public folder (i.e. "c:\users\public\Entropia Universe"). If you want to keep your client in Program Files, perform the following instructions:

1. Click the Tools button in the Client Loader (next to the Launch button).
    2. Select the Folders tab.
    3. Select desired Content Folder (type path or use Browse).
    4. Click Ok. The download will start over.
    There will be a Dynamic Content Distribution step 2, that will improve the download process further. For example, there will be support for content download while logged in; you can log in to one planet while downloading other planets' content.

Fixed Issues

• Proteron DNA functioning again.
    Known Issues

• The progress bar and time remaining is not functioning correctly. The progress bar can visually be fully loaded while there still is content left to download. If you close the Client Loader and open it up again, the progress bar will function correctly.

More...

2. Sponsored Links
    Dynamic download

OK I hope this will get me rid of the problems I encounter every in VU update:

Textures.pak (both entropia and rocktropia) Objects.pak and many more files get corrupted during upgrade, so I have to repair the instalation every time - so I have to download 1Gb+ of BS not counting the original VU size.

We will see...

PS: proteron DNA funcion again - any nerfs?
    ANY NERFS IN THIS VU? I ask because Nerfs arent stated in any VU - but yet there are many of em implemented secretly!!!

Its like, hey look we have new and better sky rendering method!! awesome!!! (and we have decreased the avarage loot by 5% btw.)

known issues has been edited and replaced with:

The grip on most two-handed tools is visually faulty, but they still function correctly.

much more lag then ever, text bug still there, some avas are falling to the ground, and the most graphics are grey or black

Surprise surprise, another botched VU, are they ever going to get it right?

Even Microflop does not have this many update problems...
    Last edited by Johnny Appleseed; 11-18-2010 at 12:02.

Wasn't there a link where we could download the patches directly, the client downloader sucks?

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Milena View Post
    much more lag then ever, text bug still there, some avas are falling to the ground, and the most graphics are grey or black
    I Got the download to work after hours trying many thing. But now im getting ava falling thru the ground , and here water like .

Anyone know how get it better ? I have tryed reloging many times "getting killed hehe, tping " too. nothing i tryed works.

Hatchling
    I have falling through the ground also together with many others.
    Seems its not possible to fix it yourself i tried different tps its just MA that need to fix this.
    I hope they will fix this fast.
    Cant remember such a bad VU like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CantRememberLogin View Post
    I have falling through the ground also together with many others.
    Seems its not possible to fix it yourself i tried different tps its just MA that need to fix this.
    I hope they will fix this fast.
    Cant remember such a bad VU like this.
    18 Nov 2010 09:11 UTC

Issues:

1. No land when logging on, you spawn in water:
      When installing Entropia Universe Release 11.4.4 your locally stored files is migrated to the dynamic_content directory.
      During the migration of local data to dynamic_content it is possible that some of the files are corrupted.
      This results in very large files in the dynamic_content directory (larger then 125mb).

2. After running the Repair Tool you are unable to launch the Client Loader:
      If you have tried to resolve Issue 1 by running the Repair Tool,
      some of the corrupted files in dynamic_content might not have been properly replaced.

Resolution for both issues:
    1. Make sure that the Client Loader and Entropia Universe client are not running.

2. Delete the folder named "dynamic_content". This folder is located in:
      For Win XP: "C:\Program Files\Entropia Universe\public_users_data\"
      For Vista or Windows 7: "C:\Users\Public\entropia universe\public_users_data"

3. Start the Client Loader and all content should be downloaded.

Promblem With Dynamic Content

Thanks For The Solution/Suggestion! I'm Running Windows 7
    And Have Just About Given Up Hope Of Playing Entropia Again.
    Let's Pray My Machine Co-Operates! With Your Methods. Thanks.