Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New To the Game, Have 10 Various Questions

Hello everyone! I dropped onto the planet 3 days ago and have been sweating ever since. I have a few questions I'd like to ask the veterans.

1. Is there anything else I can do besides sweat that will raise my skills as a non-depositer? and this is assuming I dont sell my current sweat for ped.

2. Dung Nuts Rocks & Fruit: Can I find these anywhere? I am assuming you cannot find them in cities but can they be found (walking only of course) on roadways or do I have to be off in the boonies to find them.

3. Is there any weapon what so ever in the game that doest decay? I was hoping a stick or a rock or even my own fists might suffice as a weapon

4. Goals: Whats the short mid and long term goals here? Does questing give you any kind of real rewards? Or is it just get your skills as high as you can.

5. Do mobs ever drop any kind of rare item? this q pertains to sweating and killing them.

6. Do cars and flying ships have a decay on them? do you have an upkeep on them, whats the going rate in ped for a car or flying ship.

7. I am interested in the mining aspect of the game. Once I find a spot containing ores will this be a spot that will respawn ores or is mining always just gambling and is a hit or miss kinda venture. I just dont know if I could start plotting finds and actually have usable data in the future

8. Ok assuming you were a non-depositer and now had saved up 5k sweat what would you do next to advance your character.

9. SWEAT! ok where is the best place to sell this stuff? Is there a city far far away thats in demand for it and thus will pay higher prices if I made it over there? As of today whats the fair price for 1k sweat, Can I auction it?

10. and one more, I hear of a sweating place called Nea's. ANd I hear its on another land mass, how do you get over there and is it free?

Thanks everyone for your time spent to read my noob Q's I look forward to reading your answers. For now I hang at sweat camp till I figure out what I'm supposed to be doing. Thanks Everyone!

~Cherryleaf~

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherryleaf View Post
    Hello everyone! I dropped onto the planet 3 days ago and have been sweating ever since. I have a few questions I'd like to ask the veterans.

1. All I can suggest here, is run around and let mobs hit you and you can get evade.
    2. They are not in cities and I don't think roads but everywhere else. It takes alot of walking.
    3. All weapons decay.
    4. Goals are personal and some missions do give you items.

5. Yes
    6. Everything decays except apts. but they have monthly fee. Sleipnir MK2's are going for about 160 ped
    7. I'm sorry, I don't have enough info. I'm a hunter mostly.
    8. Can't help here either....I deposit 8)
    9. Can't help
    10. I believe you have 1 tp for Ameretha, might be Treasure Island and then maybe you can get a ride to Nea's. I heard some guy advertising that at the pier in Port Atlantis.

~Cherryleaf~
    I am sure someone will fill in the blanks I left, but I hope this helps

Thumbs Up

7. I haven't really gone through the trouble of plotting my claims as I mine, but I'm sure there are many who do with graphs/charts. Majority of the time, I just make sure I bomb every 100m so I don't overlap my search area while mining, and any claims that are found along the way I get. If I happen to do more than 1 run, I generally don't mine where I've been, and I usually don't return to mine those places for a few hours and/or days. Some mining runs are incredible/good/bad/horrible. You'll have your ups and downs during your mining career as with any profession you choose to venture into.

8. I am at Nea's sweating from time to time so I know how you feel because I hear this question quite often. Once your sweat is sold, you have lots of options on what to do, but it's ultimately your personal preference. Now you will want to decide what profession you might want to venture into such as mining/hunting/crafting and more! After your decision is made, go purchase the necessary items required to start skilling in your profession of choice. Most of your newcomer items for hunting/mining can be found at any Trade Terminal usually located inside Service Centers.

9. You can sell sweat nearly anywhere that people tend to travel to frequently such as Nea's Place, Twin Peaks, Port Atlantis, and more! Just take a few travels with the Teleporters to travel between places to toss an advertisement that you're selling sweat. Most places on Calypso will generally pay around the same, but it's not the place that's the problem... it's finding the right buyer for your sweat. If you have some patience, you can sell 1k of sweat from 3.00 PED per 1k - 4.00 PED per 1k. It's all about being in the right place at the right time too, and you might want to pay attention to your chat box for any buying advertisements. Almost everyone that sells sweat will be watching chat so they can respond first. Majority of the time, the first person to respond will get the sale from the buyer. Sweaters are always around, but buyers come and go at various times of the day/night. Just keep your eyes peeled for those advertisements! You cannot sell sweat on auction individually, but you can sell Mind Essence on auction. Mind Essence is the product of refining Force Nexus and sweat with a refining tool.

(Force Nexus is a mined Enmatter)

I hope this helps with those unanswered questions. Have fun and enjoy EU!

Proud member of NBK since February 2010

would love to hear more from other peeps, thanks for the responses thus far.

Well depending wether you plan to deposit or not i'd advice to wait until you have at least 100 PED to start testing which activity you like. This gives you a cushion to do the activity some time.

Stonewalking is a nice alternative for sweating. I suggest one of your first taks is to get a map of calypso e.g. here: http://www.entropiatouragency.com/

and get a few teleporters. You might find some stones / fruit / dung on the way.

For sweating Nea's is a must have TP imho. You can either use the card to find it on your own or take one of the Free Tours there.

Once you collected enought PEDs i suggest to try out some basic activity.

-Hunting: Start with the Kiwio MK2 from the TT and Swunt Puny mobs.
    These are cheap to kill and the few bottles additional sweat won't hurt either. This will give you an idea how hunting works and give you some skills.

-Mining: Get the basic Rookie finder stuff ( i suggest ore and Enmatter ) An extractor and driller and scout some areas. Aim allways for Markup stuff. Even with the rookie finders you can find easily 120% MU on low depths. Scout different areas and you will find out which resources can be found in several areas. You can also use the information on this page: http://www.minersmafia.net/ to save you some time.

-Crafting: Well without any crafting skills it'S hard to find things which can be crafted to break-even / profit. This can be possible when peaks in Market Values are on several low level components. But you need a lot of reseach to do here imho to succeed. For most ppl crafting remains the most expensive profession

-Offering services:
    You might also consider to offer services like healing. You might find hunters who will hire you to heal them with the TT FAP. This allows you to buld up some skills for free

-Trading:
    Well try to find stuff for cheap which you can sell for more. Guess i'm not the best person for detailed advice here

Basically it is possible to proceed in EU as non-depositor. But be aware it is not an easy way. It takes a lot of patience. More patience than most people have. But since everything here is worth real money you can'T expect it to be different. Who would make it easy to earn money playing a game ? But it is still possible.

When you can afford i suggest to deposit 10$ which can last for a while when you do research about what you plan to do and don'T try risky things. This will give you a quicker start as it could ever be as non-depositor ( Beside the very slim chance of HOFfing big within the first drops/kills/click )

And most important imho enjoy what you do and have fun.

Welcome to Calypso

I believe you have New Oxford at Amethera too(Nea's landmass), and it's pretty simple to make it on your own if you take a look at the guides, or I'm sure someone could take you.

Fruit and stuff can be found on roads as long as it's dirt roads

I should be online for the next 4-5 hours so if you come online within this time, we can meet somewhere. I will be more than glad to drive you to Nea's. We might even scoop up some extra TP's if you don't have them that are along the way to Nea's

Proud member of NBK since February 2010

Go to entropedia.info

click on missions

and look for ones that give items or skills. I just did missing robot part, which is quite doable (because it doesn't require you to shoot anything), just click on camera's and find a missing robot chip.
    the prize is 500 nova fragments and computer skill. the skills you earn by doing missions, could be sold if you want to make some ped.

1. Is there anything else I can do besides sweat that will raise my skills as a non-depositer? and this is assuming I dont sell my current sweat for ped.

2. Dung Nuts Rocks & Fruit: Can I find these anywhere? I am assuming you cannot find them in cities but can they be found (walking only of course) on roadways or do I have to be off in the boonies to find them.

3. Is there any weapon what so ever in the game that doest decay? I was hoping a stick or a rock or even my own fists might suffice as a weapon

4. Goals: Whats the short mid and long term goals here? Does questing give you any kind of real rewards? Or is it just get your skills as high as you can.

5. Do mobs ever drop any kind of rare item? this q pertains to sweating and killing them.

6. Do cars and flying ships have a decay on them? do you have an upkeep on them, whats the going rate in ped for a car or flying ship.

7. I am interested in the mining aspect of the game. Once I find a spot containing ores will this be a spot that will respawn ores or is mining always just gambling and is a hit or miss kinda venture. I just dont know if I could start plotting finds and actually have usable data in the future

8. Ok assuming you were a non-depositer and now had saved up 5k sweat what would you do next to advance your character.

9. SWEAT! ok where is the best place to sell this stuff? Is there a city far far away thats in demand for it and thus will pay higher prices if I made it over there? As of today whats the fair price for 1k sweat, Can I auction it?

10. and one more, I hear of a sweating place called Nea's. ANd I hear its on another land mass, how do you get over there and is it free?

Thanks everyone for your time spent to read my noob Q's I look forward to reading your answers. For now I hang at sweat camp till I figure out what I'm supposed to be doing. Thanks Everyone!

~Cherryleaf~
    Just curious, why don't you have a mentor? If you find a good one, they can answer A LOT of questions for you and help you along. Not saying you can't ask questions here because you do get a lot of different, insightful answers here from everyone. I'm just wondering.

I'm also a non-depositor for the most part since I just can't deposit. I wish MA would use paypal... so I do a lot of sweating and mining. Then sell it. Then continue to sweat and mine. It takes time and patience, like someone said, to advance. I'll do the occasional walk for items on the ground also.

Quote Originally Posted by zealousquiche View Post
    I'm also a non-depositor for the most part since I just can't deposit. I wish MA would use paypal... so I do a lot of sweating and mining. Then sell it. Then continue to sweat and mine. It takes time and patience, like someone said, to advance. I'll do the occasional walk for items on the ground also.
    If you got paypal I suppose you got a bank account at least, and you can do a wire transfer to deposit, dont need a credit card

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast