View Poll Results: Should I do more events on Rocktropia?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! People Love Them

    6 66.67%
  • No! Its a waste of your peds and our time.

    0 0%
  • I don't care what happens on Rocktropia.

    3 33.33%
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Guardian narfi's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 01 2010
    Posts
    219

    Rocktropia Events

    Ive got two hunting events going on Rocktropia right now.

    http://www.neverdie.com/rocktropia-e...s-l-zk6-l.html
    http://www.neverdie.com/rocktropia-e...oll-axe-l.html

    I had hoped to have these be ongoing weekly events with one Dragon and one lower level event each week. I am not sure if that will be practical or not since there haven't been a lot of registrations this week.

    Please answer the poll and give suggestions.

    Thanks,
    narfi

  2. Sponsored Links
  3. #2
    Provider Mikass's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 01 2010
    Posts
    124
    As long as Rocktropia doesn`t get its act together doing some serious official events with good prizes like the ones on Calypso people won`t come over there. There`s not enough incentive atm. On top of that there are zero missions there.

    Rocktropia mobs drop tt crap and mining is pointless since they don`t even have BPs yet. Also the guns those mobs drop are a joke. Those guns/weapons can`t be used for serious hunting as they have crappy stats. Some of the melee stuff is decent but the low tt makes it overall sad and useless.

    Loot drops has to change, official events have to change and BPs need be introduced.

    I`m afraid atm it`s pretty pointless to run events since the whole thing pales in comparison to Calypso on like 10 to 1 scale.

  4. #3
    Guardian narfi's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 01 2010
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikass View Post
    Those guns/weapons can`t be used for serious hunting as they have crappy stats.
    Have you looked at them?

    cb5 vs zk1: Both lvl 0 sib blp
    cb5 is better eco, but zk1 does twice the dmg/sec
    new players dont always like being stuck with a low dmg gun in their level and the zk1 is a great option for those people.

    cb19+beast vs zk6+beast: Similar SIB level requirements blp
    Almost identical dmg/sec and dmg/pec

    cb24+dante vs zk8+dante: (if paying 125% for each) Similar SIB level requirements
    cb24 does slightly more dmg/sec and the zk8 does slightly more dmg/pec

    All in all, I think that the stats are pretty even for guns you would loot on caly, the main difference being you can sell the ones looted on rocktropia for higher markup which gives them the edge if your hunting mobs that drop them.

    Sell your zks for good markup and buy an Apis from me

    narfi

  5. #4
    Provider Mikass's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 01 2010
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by narfi View Post
    Have you looked at them?

    cb5 vs zk1: Both lvl 0 sib blp
    cb5 is better eco, but zk1 does twice the dmg/sec
    new players dont always like being stuck with a low dmg gun in their level and the zk1 is a great option for those people.

    cb19+beast vs zk6+beast: Similar SIB level requirements blp
    Almost identical dmg/sec and dmg/pec

    cb24+dante vs zk8+dante: (if paying 125% for each) Similar SIB level requirements
    cb24 does slightly more dmg/sec and the zk8 does slightly more dmg/pec

    All in all, I think that the stats are pretty even for guns you would loot on caly, the main difference being you can sell the ones looted on rocktropia for higher markup which gives them the edge if your hunting mobs that drop them.

    Sell your zks for good markup and buy an Apis from me

    narfi
    Well Cb24 has a full tt of 190, zk8 has 88 max tt. I see it as a problem for the latter. Cb19 has 180 max tt, zk6 has 46 max tt. Same problem.

    All these Zk shoguns are basically a joke except the high end models(zk8 and zk10). Hunting wise they don`t make much sense. Can you use these to hunt say neverdie dragons or whatever big dragons they have there? N also, what mob do I have to hunt to loot zk8 and zk10? to get zk10 I need to kill neverdie dragons and to loot zk8 I need to kill elvis dragon. I rest my case.

    Why should people bother when they can loot way better gear, weapons n armor `n other stuff hunting easier mobs on Calypso. How many people can hunt those dragons? Not many, I tell you.

    CB24 doesn`t fully support dante so I don`t see it as a rival to ZK8. CB26 and similar rifles or handguns are cheaper as you were saying yourself. So again reason to stay away.

    I see ZK blp rifles/shotguns. But where are the handguns(I`m high prof handgun user for eg), the plasma, the launchers or the laser guns? What about people who skilled those? Should they keep going back n forth to buy gear or pay higher prices? Also what about shortblades n such for people who don`t want to sue axes(longblades). Not much choice here either.
    Last edited by Mikass; 11-20-2010 at 01:25.

  6. #5
    Guardian narfi's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 01 2010
    Posts
    219
    I compleatly agree with you that the Rock needs more variety. I would love for posts and messages got to Neverdie and his crew requesting all of these things and the blueprints that we need as well.

    I disagree that what is there is a joke though, maybe not for you, but its still a viable option. Ive seen teams of 1 day noobs using cb5s take down dragons, so what could a team of even zk6s do? I am not geared for the bigger dragons myself, but on Lemmy dragons I am looting atleast 1 zk6 or axe every 300ped run I do, thats not something you could say for any of the weapons of similar size on calypso.

    narfi

  7. #6
    Provider Mikass's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 01 2010
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by narfi View Post
    I compleatly agree with you that the Rock needs more variety. I would love for posts and messages got to Neverdie and his crew requesting all of these things and the blueprints that we need as well.

    I disagree that what is there is a joke though, maybe not for you, but its still a viable option. Ive seen teams of 1 day noobs using cb5s take down dragons, so what could a team of even zk6s do? I am not geared for the bigger dragons myself, but on Lemmy dragons I am looting atleast 1 zk6 or axe every 300ped run I do, thats not something you could say for any of the weapons of similar size on calypso.

    narfi
    I bet you loot lots of Zk6 but just because has low tt value. P5 gun has over 222max tt and with very good decay it lasts A LOT. You can go thru maybe dozens of ZK6 till you run out of a full tt P5 which has super eco. So i`m asking again why use ZK6? Guns on ROcktropia are totally unbalanced and unattractive. How many of those ZK6 at 45ped tt you need in a hunt? I bet you`d be pretty heavy with dozen of those on you so another turnoff(Anti grav boxes exist for a reason.) They also have big decay cos they`re blp(lower ammo burn, more decay). A p5 at 45ped tt lasts 3x more than some Zk6 at same tt.

    Maybe you see it as viable as in people can use it. Problem is those guns don`t need just to be usable but need to be the very least on par with what Calypso has to offer and when comparing the offerings they are indeed a bad joke. Ofc this might be just a first gen weapons and amazing stuff can come up in the future but as things stand atm, people won`t be tempted to come there. Not just cos of the weapons which I think are badly balanced but cos of the other things mentioned in my first post.
    Last edited by Mikass; 11-22-2010 at 14:32.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •