Hatchling

(L) items-vs-repairable

Is there any benifit to using repairable items considering the repair price is the same as buying it new????

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrieal View Post
    Is there any benifit to using repairable items considering the repair price is the same as buying it new????
    Well oldschool repairable items have the disadvantage of no SIB and therefor very bad eco when used on levels below ~70-90. So when someone is looking for better dpp SIB is a must ( at least for most player i should add ).
    Well for UL Sib the base eco is a bit lower than their (L) counterparts. So it makes sense to get one when
    -the (L) is hardly available
    -the (L) has high MU which results in a more eco use of the UL version.

Another advantage that comes to my mind is the benefit of just repairing a few PED and go out and shoot, but UL SIB has also very high TT values ( already 4 digit on low levels like Riker UL2 for example ), so there are a lot of peds tied up in it, which allows you to buy often 10 or more (L) of it.

Old Alpha
    but UL SIB has also very high TT values
    true. However, you can get the markup on the UL one back by reselling. Try reselling that L stuff after you are done with it... Also, there is a minimum ped requirement to withdraw. If you tie yourself up to that amount with stuff that won't break past that point, you sort of give yourself an escape hatch in case you need to use it later.

I do agree though, use the repairable option on rarer stuff, or stuff that you know you'll use a lot that might not have a lot of suppliers out there. I love my UL cb5 and s30 because it's just nice to have something to use with looted blp ammo instead of just having to hang on to it til you can tt it. I love my ul viper whip since it's roughly same eco as the kiwio and it's ul, so I can tier it up and gain tons of skills on whip/evade with puny mobs and things like that without spending a fortune, all the while getting lots of muscle oil to craft with and lots of blazers/novas and stuff to use to tier my UL gear as well as tons of animal hide that I can use to make generic leather.

UL clubs are nice to have around since clubs are not always in the auction too.
    Last edited by mastermesh; 01-20-2011 at 21:05.