Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Why mastermesh got banned at PCF?

I'd really like to know why mastermesh got banned over on PCF - i've checked the last posts and didn't find anything that would warrant a ban.

So, if you know something, please fill me in - if you don't want to post in public please drop me a PM.

Many TIA,
    wizz

2. Sponsored Links
    I was kinda wondering too... sure he did have quite a few crazy posts.. maybe it was like harrassing PMS?

I think only the PCF moderators will be able to answer that for you with any certainty.

I prefer not to discuss specific bans in public, unless the ones involved make a public issue of it, which he has not done yet. So I'll respect his privacy.

However, I can tell you it is only a temp-ban. He will return.
    Always willing to learn

Thanks for your replies, JC & 711 - i didn't expect anyone to spread inside info, i was merely asking whether someone can remember any posts (that may have been deleted meanwhile) which lead to the ban.

However, i received an interesting comment in a -rep (someone's in dire need of a spellchecker btw), and it seems the lunatics have finally taken over the asylum: Trolls and braggers who haven't made a single quality post ever can easily get old and respected members banned now, for stuff they've done themselves a dozend times...

Is it vB4 standard behaviour now that you can no longer see who handed out a ban?

Old Alpha

It's about JC being tired of reading things...

Basically JC's PMs seem to indicate that he was tired of me bringing up the issue of the estate bug over and over in many of the posts, and how I was trying to relate it to other issues... or at least that's what I remember of it (can't read the pm to refresh my memory now since I can't log in due to the ban at the moment, obviously)

I was bringing the issue up over and over because to me, it is a big deal, and it does relate to all the other problems since it is all tied together and is related to programmer incompetency, false promises, and other hoopla everyone else is complaining about at Mindark, SEE|FPC|Planet Micheal's keepers|xyz...

The repetition of my statements is due in part to the fact that I've come to see the folks behind the curtains running this virtual world as being highly manipulative individuals with all the broken promises, lack of etas on fixes, etc. One way to deal with manipulations of this magnitude that I've learned is an assertiveness technique called "broken record"... I guess this technique irritated JC as the mod since it seemed like I was trying to take attention off of other issues in various thread (even though that was not the purpose - the purpose was to indicate that all the problems are directly tied together due to similar root problems of incompetency of the folks promising things to us and not delivering)?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asserti...#Broken_record
    Broken record
    The "broken record" technique[14] consists of simply repeating your requests or your refusals every time you are met with resistance. The term comes from vinyl records, the surface of which when scratched would lead the needle of a record player to loop over the same few seconds of the recording indefinitely. "As with a broken record, the key to this approach is repetition ... where your partner will not take no for an answer."[15]
    A disadvantage with this technique is that when resistance continues, your requests may lose power every time you have to repeat them. If the requests are repeated too often it can backfire on the authority of your words. In these cases it is necessary to have some sanctions on hand.
    Guess that backfire happened, lol.

To me, all the problems are related - related to the vu 10 problems that kept taming from coming back since the estates were offline from vu 10 - December 2009 or so... It's related to the Deer Mall and Medusa since the estate bugs came back in to existence right around the time they came in to the game. It's related to the Neverdie thing since it's directly related to different avatars being treated differently by the powers that be (booth owners and tamers being second rate citizens that are not high priority, booth owners being lower priority then shop owners since shops came back on before booths after vu 10, etc.).

I posted a few posts about it on Planet Calypso's facebook page, not that anyone ever reads anything there.

Basically, I think it might boil down to the fact that I am willing to speak up and say what many others are thinking but are either too lazy or apathetic to post. It honestly surprises more booth owners have not spoken up other then myself and FOMA for the most part... they did speak up right after vu 10. Just shows you how much apathy and loss of interest folks that have "invested" in the game have now vs how much they had at vu 10... doubt most booth owners even log in over once a month these days because they have been pushed in to not caring any more because the powers that be just don't care... they don't care about the "second rate citizens," and many of those citizens are now not caring right on back... which is bad for all of us.

What is sad about all of this is it encourages me to not post just like the rest of the apathetic masses...

I see problems, and post about them. I see unfairness and unequal treatment, I post about it... What's it gotten me? It got me banned.

I saw a "bug" in the not-too-distant past that allowed estates to get overloaded back in December, and posting about it got me "special treatment" in the form of a harassing email from Planetcalypso blackmailing me in to removing the items from my shop within 24 hours or so or risk getting account locked in game... I did do what was requested, and it resulted in "special treatment" of not being able to be able to put anything back in my booth, and in the meantime, others who were doing the same exact thing over at PA mall and elsewhere have gone without receiving any slap on the wrist or similar "special" little emails, and their shops are still overloaded above the max limit shown in the estate terminals...

JC, I know the message you are trying to send out is not this... but the message being delivered by your actions amplifies the message FPC|SEE seems to be trying to indirectly send ... and that message is that if you post your thoughts, warnings to others, or about any problems or inequalities you see in game or in the forums you can expect "special treatment" that might result in forum or in game bans.

Shut up and Put up with the problems and unfairness is not a good enough response to the many problems... but that's the the message that I'm getting and that I think others might be getting too.

Thanks.
    Last edited by mastermesh; 02-27-2011 at 02:22.

Probably not the best place to fire up a discussion about this (well, actually it might be the only place), but i fail to see why this should lead to a ban - did i miss something vital?

If being annoying is a bannable offense on PCF nowadays, they better prolong my temp ban...

I mean i can somehow reconstruct why an enervated mod would ban me (even tho the reason given was a bit weak - since when is using "troll" and "fanboi" rated "name calling" now? ok, maybe i've negrepped both, the troll and the fanboi twice each, too ... ) - i am simply inconvenient at times because i speak my mind w/o much filtering - but that you received a ban is downright ludicrous.

Is there an increased sunspot activity atm?

Since Mesh opened up, I'll go ahead and say that for the record, it was not my personal aggravation, nor FPC/SDS/Whoever instructing me to do so. It was reports from many different forum readers who were complaining about your "broken record" method.

As you said, I gave you a warning. I try hard to use all options before banning, and then only a temp, 1st.

Like I said in PM, I totally understand your frustration. I've also voiced my unhappy opinion about MA's actions. However...

Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    I see problems, and post about them. I see unfairness and unequal treatment, I post about it... What's it gotten me? It got me banned.

...and that message is that if you post your thoughts, warnings to others, or about any problems or inequalities you see in game or in the forums you can expect "special treatment" that might result in forum or in game bans.
    Please meditate long & hard on this famous quote:

"It's not what you say, it's how you say it"

I do not ask folks to shut up. Look on the forum (when you return) and you'll find I do not force folks to stop complaining. What I do is try to get people to express their grievances so that it gets across to MA/SDS/ND/Whoever without unnecessarily pissing off, not only the GMs, but your fellow players also.

And that's the main issue I need to emphasize again: Whether your complaint technique has upset MA, I don't really care. But it's the many fellow players & forum users that get upset, and I'm honor bound to deal w/ it.

As for Wiz, since you opened up too:

Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
    I mean i can somehow reconstruct why an enervated mod would ban me...

...ok, maybe i've negrepped both, the troll and the fanboi twice each, too ...
    Please recall the warning I gave you previously then reread the two comments of yours above. If I was not quite specific enough in the ban reason, my apologies.
    Always willing to learn

Old Alpha
    I respect your decision, but that does not mean I agree with it.

You are basically doing something similar to playing the role of one of those minimum wage door greeters at a department store that are there to "make things pleasant" and say hi to the folks walking in to make them feel at home and ready to rip open their wallet and spend, spend spend.

However, if a paying repeat customer has been ripped off, or treated unjustly by the store in question, you are not going to be able to stand between the customer and the manager at that store. You might tell the customers to stop screaming, as they demand to talk to the manager, but you are not going to silence them, even if other customers that are standing around are giving you problems asking what the commotion is about.

All that doing that sort of thing does is increases the frustrations, and causes those customers to create even more commotion, and eventually go out and start talking to other customers directly, encouraging them to not shop there, and maybe even start talking to the general populace that has never been in that store at all - word of mouth advertising works just as well for negative press time as it does for positive press time.

The front gates of communication to MA and SEE is pcf and the support system. The manager got his Q&A session but has not responded... He's still sitting in a locked back room scared to come out and talk to real live customers. The staff have told him the customers are out here, but he's still sitting in that locked room hoping the problem customers all just go away.

The drama continues.

All temp banning me from pcf does is increase the chances I'll be posting the same type of things at just as public of a place, and likely that others will do similar. Mr. Door greeter, we are going to start using the other door on the other side of the building at this time because we have many questions, issues and concerns that need to be taken up with higher management. Thank you.
    Last edited by mastermesh; 02-27-2011 at 11:51.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCapital View Post
    Please recall the warning I gave you previously then reread the two comments of yours above. If I was not quite specific enough in the ban reason, my apologies.
    A warning? Last time i heard from you was... dunno, half a year ago? More?

JC, i do know what i wrote, that's why i was not really disputing my ban (i said i can reconstruct it, albeit that doesn't mean i find it justified)

However, if people are allowed to hand out +reps only, why not install a proper "buttkissing" system instead of the rep system we have now?

But this is not about me... so, did i get that right? You've banned mastermesh for being annoying, yes? Care to cite which of the PCF rules this decision was based on?

It seems more and more you can't be arsed to do your job anymore (well, understandable, i think SEE FPC should pay you, instead of simply "swallowing" people - that you were volunteers under 711s management doesn't mean you wanna waste your time for free on a, now official, forum - but that's a different story) - your mod posts and comments sound very pissed off at times, maybe it's time for you, too, to take 14 days off?

(Just because someone gets reported twice you do not have to wave the ban hammer immediately, you know...)

Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast