Please help a noob

Sorry for my noobishness. I joined Rocktropia yesterday and am rather lost. I have some PED's already and rather hastilly purchased some weapons thinking i would be able to go it alone outside dream city. Oh boy was I wrong. Anyway, i've been frantically searching club neverdie trying to find the mobile phone that will enable me to be not picked off by ambushers. I have tried every floor of the club. I've talked to Bones, Trey, Chris and everyone else but still i can't find the damn phone. Can anyone give me a pointer?

Apart from that i just want to know how to maximise my PED's as much as possible. I dont have the time or patience to sweat because it takes crazy long. Last night i killed some rocktropians on the platforms above club neverdie but the rate of return on the looting so far doesnt seem to justify the amount spent on laser rounds. I guess what i'm asking is how i can multiply my peds as quickly as possible. Ive noticed there is good PEDs to be made in manufacturing, I'm hoping someone can point me towards the necessary blueprints and blueprint books.

Many thanks for any help

Thomas

2. Sponsored Links
    Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by bujingun View Post
    Sorry for my noobishness. I joined Rocktropia yesterday and am rather lost. I have some PED's already and rather hastilly purchased some weapons thinking i would be able to go it alone outside dream city. Oh boy was I wrong. Anyway, i've been frantically searching club neverdie trying to find the mobile phone that will enable me to be not picked off by ambushers. I have tried every floor of the club. I've talked to Bones, Trey, Chris and everyone else but still i can't find the damn phone. Can anyone give me a pointer?

Apart from that i just want to know how to maximise my PED's as much as possible. I dont have the time or patience to sweat because it takes crazy long. Last night i killed some rocktropians on the platforms above club neverdie but the rate of return on the looting so far doesnt seem to justify the amount spent on laser rounds. I guess what i'm asking is how i can multiply my peds as quickly as possible. Ive noticed there is good PEDs to be made in manufacturing, I'm hoping someone can point me towards the necessary blueprints and blueprint books.

Many thanks for any help

Thomas
    This is not to ruin your dream...

I just have to ask this question. If every avatar playing this game would "multiply" his peds while playing how would MA make money then? Or planet partners? Where would the money come from?

The ONLY way to make decent peds ingame is to make them from other players directly. Yeah, you can sweat but that takes forever and it won't ever cover your power bill to have the computer turned on while sweating ^^ At hunting it might be possible at über lvl but then you will need gear that cost 100000peds+ I think.

Quote Originally Posted by minim View Post
    This is not to ruin your dream...

I just have to ask this question. If every avatar playing this game would "multiply" his peds while playing how would MA make money then? Or planet partners? Where would the money come from?
    Well jees, there is no need to be abrupt I did say i was a noob...Anyway maybe 'multiply' was a badly chosen word, maybe i shouldve asked how do i get the fastest rate of return on the PED's that i currently have? The rocktopia server seems to be fairly dead most of the time and not being able to find the mobile phone in neverdie club i cannot leave city of dreams to find other opportunities for financial growth.

The ONLY way to make decent peds ingame is to make them from other players directly.
    What are the best ways for doing this? I can buy things from the purchase terminals but i dont get why people should buy them from me with a profit markup if they can purchase them directly from the same terminals for the same price i paid for them.

Yeah, you can sweat but that takes forever and it won't ever cover your power bill to have the computer turned on while sweating ^^ At hunting it might be possible at über lvl but then you will need gear that cost 100000peds+ I think.
    I'm under no illusions that i'd be able to hunt big creatures or anything- even if i had the money to pay for big guns and armour i havent accrued the combat skills to weild them yet.

Can anyone provide advice on other areas such as manufacturing or mining? I tried mining last night but i dont seem to have the knack of detection/bombing.
    Last edited by bujingun; 05-13-2011 at 00:19.

Self-Requested Deactivation
    Just a quick question ... have you signed up at the ROCKtropia forum and tried to get some answers there?

I think there might be more activity there regarding ROCKtropia than perhaps here (don't really know, but ROCKtropia is planet-specific), and there might even be information there already that might be of help to you.

Hope you get what you need.

Well as any other game Entropia COST money for most players, and for MOST players it is not possible to earn money in the game and they have to rely on their deposits.

However there are possibillities to make profit. Trading is one of them, buying stuff for lower than selling them to bring it down to the point.

And as you might have noticed you can'T buy everything from the TT, so basically you try to loot stuff which is more worth to the buyer because the buyer can't get from the Trading Terminal and therefor will pay market price to other players.

Any regular activity in the main professions ( mining, hunting or crafting ) will get you less return in terms of TT value than you pay to get the loot. So you need to find stuff to loot which brings more in market value than you have been deducted for the playing. In the long term your return TT-wise will be ~90%. So you have to make the 10% from the Marketvalue of your stuff to break even.

7. 09-04-2012, 10:39

Reason
    spam

Spambot reported.

For basic info on eco gameplay:

rp.apachenet.de/downloads/planet_calypso_guide.pdf

Its written on Calypso but basic rules apply to all planets.

Thumb of rule (which I use)

eco hunting: always use maxed weapons, preferably without armor. Hunt mobs that drop items with good MU

mining: prolly the best way to make your PEDs last longer. Needs a starting capital to get your gear.

crafting: unless you have decent crafting skills and good BPs...stay away from this. Its the best way to lose PEDs fast

Good luck! Roni