Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Old

Tons of "failed" and problems switching items

Since the VU, many/most people are getting tons of "failed" messages, and item switching is also a nightmare. In fact, while the "failed" messages may be bearable as an annoyance, the item many failures to switch items (gun/fap) makes it very difficult and more costly to hunt.

When can we expect a fix for this?

2. Sponsored Links
    Seconded.

(too short)

Young
    very bad bug, stop me from hunting.

no matter if I used auto use tool or not, or disable Queue in the option.

No fail if I waited 1 second before I used the next action.

It seemed to fail straight away if there was an action after previous action completed.

So I had a fail for every completed action.

Planet Calypso Official Kim|Calypso's Avatar
    Hi Xen

This is a fairly complicated problem that has to do with the sync between the server and the client but we are working on solving it as soon as possible and a fix will most likely be implemented next week.

From what I am told it doesnt really affect you in any way other than being annoying and it may also prevent you from lets say swapping from a fap to a weapon in a timely manner.

Cheers

Guardian
    Isnt this a very old bug thats been around for a very long time?

Quote Originally Posted by Stave Petty View Post
    Isnt this a very old bug thats been around for a very long time?
    I do remember something from the past with a broken router at the hoster then.

Planet Calypso Official Kim|Calypso's Avatar
    The failed message in the chat window can be caused by a wide variety of different errors, this particular problem about as fresh as... a fish.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kim|MindArk View Post
    Hi Xen

This is a fairly complicated problem that has to do with the sync between the server and the client but we are working on solving it as soon as possible and a fix will most likely be implemented next week.

From what I am told it doesnt really affect you in any way other than being annoying and it may also prevent you from lets say swapping from a fap to a weapon in a timely manner.

Cheers

I don't know who told you that Kim, but their wrong, it's a lot more than annoying, each fail costs us 'time' and therefore it takes longer to kill the mob, which allows the mob to hit us more often, and that cost decay in our armor, and decay is money in this game.
    Last edited by James Clayton; 06-06-2011 at 07:06.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Kim|MindArk View Post
    Hi Xen

Cheers
    Hi Kim,

I wish I could make a video for you of how EXTREMELY bad this failed situation is.

I get a Failed message after every single shot, not once in a while but every single shot. The auto fire also gets stuck sometimes and hangs for a few seconds before it decides to fire again.

I am playing from Australia with higher latency & jitter than those in Sweden.
    However I am with one of the largest NSP/ISP's in Australia so I know it is not on my end;

Before the update I have only seen a fail message once or twice a day of 8 hours hunting, now I can hardly stand 30 mins of hunting before logging off angry at how stupid the situation is.

Please I ask that this fix come with this week's update on Tuesday as it really becoming a drag for many of us.

Exclamation Youtube Example of Fail msg from Australia.

Hello Kim,

I have made a short 30 second video with FRAPs of the problem as it appears from Australia as the origin of login.

I heavily compressed the video stream

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPWjN2YTn68[/ame]

I did not include the damage dealt but as you can see it fails after every shot made. This is the same when using a fap, there is a failed in between every heal.

I have tried everything to reduce it from occuring including lowering connection speed, nothing seems to work.

View fullscreen for best viewing results.

Regards,
    Viper
    Last edited by Viperstrike; 06-06-2011 at 11:53. Reason: Added Youtube video

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast