Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Young Milena's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 02 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    14

    Calypso is owned by MA......

    Exclamation Planet Partners

    Since 1999 MindArk has invested over 60 million USD to develop Entropia Universe and the Entropia Platform. MindArk offers Planet Partners to be a part of this and use our technology in building and maintaining entirely new planets in Entropia Universe.
    MindArk is looking for Planet Partners that want to be a part of the continuous expansion of Entropia Universe by realizing their unique concepts, businesses and ideas into commercial planets.

    Notice: 16 June 2011 12:30 UTC
    MindArk wants to inform our users that the cooperation between SEE and MindArk has been terminated. From now on, MindArk will run the operation of Planet Calypso. Participants of the Entropia Universe will not in any way be affected.


    Originally posted http://www.mindark.com/partners/

  2. Sponsored Links
  3. #2
    Provider Ze-Tomb Raider's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 03 2010
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    164
    Oh wow.
    This will be very interesting.

    MindArk is taking back their baby, wonder what they'll do next!
    Do you ever look out a window, see a bird and wonder,
    Is that bird carrying a global?

  4. #3
    Young
    Joined
    May 19 2011
    Posts
    20
    Guess the money shuffle didn't work out so well. :/

  5. #4
    Guardian Magyar's Avatar
    Joined
    May 14 2011
    Location
    Aberdeen, WA
    Posts
    364
    They didn't just take back their baby. They terminated all partnerships with SEE.

    Either from a development standpoint or a perceived value standpoint things didn't work out. I imagine more from a development standpoint, to be honest.

    Planet Michael was a revolutionary concept, but taking a combat based game engine and designing interesting, engaging, and meaningful advancement systems based around non-combat was a huge challenge.

    It would not surprise me if MA were not up to the task. I don't think the technology is there yet.
    Laudanum
    Welcoming new and advanced players!
    Nymphtown Castle
    Aesthetic Arts for your Entropian and Real World home.

  6. #5
    Young Angel O2 Mercer's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 05 2011
    Posts
    18
    Welcome back? =)

  7. #6
    Self-Requested Deactivation
    Joined
    May 12 2011
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Magyar View Post
    They didn't just take back their baby. They terminated all partnerships with SEE.
    Nothing has been stated as to whether it was MA or SEE who terminated the partnership, nor for what reason.

  8. #7
    Guardian Magyar's Avatar
    Joined
    May 14 2011
    Location
    Aberdeen, WA
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by MindStar9 View Post
    Nothing has been stated as to whether it was MA or SEE who terminated the partnership, nor for what reason.
    And your point is? The who is irrelevant, unless you're just trying to nitpick and one up.

    It's none of our business.
    Laudanum
    Welcoming new and advanced players!
    Nymphtown Castle
    Aesthetic Arts for your Entropian and Real World home.

  9. #8
    Old Faye's Avatar
    Joined
    May 13 2011
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by MindStar9 View Post
    Nothing has been stated as to whether it was MA or SEE who terminated the partnership, nor for what reason.
    Well my guess is that SEE didnt Paid MindArk for FPC and MindArk broke off the deal. SEE ofc responded by also pulling the two other planets as they got no developer now.

    in all FPC was always from MindArk already so i hope we get FPC back on their feet. It also explained why we havent heard a thing from them anymore after SEE " bought" them.

    MS9 knows wot I mean *wink*

  10. #9
    Self-Requested Deactivation
    Joined
    May 12 2011
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Magyar View Post
    And your point is? The who is irrelevant, unless you're just trying to nitpick and one up.

    It's none of our business.
    Why do you always find it necessary to be rude. I was just making a comment based on your assumption that it was MA that "took back their baby" and severed ties with SEE. I offered another plausible option, so to speak, and not nit picking. I wasn't rude to you, so I ask you please to be civil in your responses.

  11. #10
    Young Droops's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 01 2010
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Faye View Post
    Well my guess is that SEE didnt Paid MindArk for FPC
    I'm sure they had a good reason for that

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •