Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Old
    Arkadia, first tree to the left behind the Oro
    Hi,

in my humble opinion it's not a good choice to name items in the game after Real World items, or after Real World persons.

This takes away immersion, and this just asks for trouble, especially if, like in this case, names of politicians are chosen, or, even worse, names of war machines.

There's so much possible names out there, isn't it possible to find a name that suits the game better?

Have fun!

PS: Being German I can assure you that "Bismarck" doesn't have a positive notation there today, besides maybe by some crazy right-wing bald-heads. He stands for reactionary suppression, police state, and trailblazing the nazi regime.
    And the ship stands for over 2K of Germans drowned, as well as over 1.4K British from the HMS Hood. Most of them was young men, with no chance to escape this madness, pressed into military, on both sides.

This is not something to be proud of, for nobody. And it should not get a monument in a game, IMHO. Will the next MS get named "McCarthy", "Stalin", "Pearl Harbor", "My Lai" or "Ausschwitz"?

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
    Hi,

in my humble opinion it's not a good choice to name items in the game after Real World items, or after Real World persons.

This takes away immersion, and this just asks for trouble, especially if, like in this case, names of politicians are chosen, or, even worse, names of war machines.

There's so much possible names out there, isn't it possible to find a name that suits the game better?

Have fun!

PS: Being German I can assure you that "Bismarck" doesn't have a positive notation there today, besides maybe by some crazy right-wing bald-heads. He stands for reactionary suppression, police state, and trailblazing the nazi regime.
    And the ship stands for over 2K of Germans drowned, as well as over 1.4K British from the HMS Hood. Most of them was young men, with no chance to escape this madness, pressed into military, on both sides.

This is not something to be proud of, for nobody. And it should not get a monument in a game, IMHO. Will the next MS get named "McCarthy", "Stalin", "Pearl Harbor", "My Lai" or "Ausschwitz"?
    Your correct in, the not something to be proud of, but does need to be remembered. (Irl more then virtual I agree) At the same time, it does stand for a powerful ship that was the apitamy of brute force and down right toughness. I think this was what this game and many others, that have used the name, were going for, and not the negative connotations it brings with it irl. At the end of the day, it's just a name, and the political part wasn't a factor in using it in this game.

4. 11-04-2016, 10:42

5. 11-04-2016, 10:43

6. 11-04-2016, 10:44

7. 11-04-2016, 10:50

8. 11-10-2016, 21:50

9. 11-10-2016, 21:57

10. 12-29-2016, 13:06

Reason
    spam

11. 12-29-2016, 13:33

Reason
    spam