Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hatchling

What planet should I start?

Hello everyone, my first post in these foruns, yay!

Anywhom, I didn't have much time when I started the game, I haven't used my "one way ticket trip" then I add to go to college, which I am right now

The meat of the question:
    1a- Which planet shall I start my EU adventure?
    1b- Which is the most newbie friendly?
    1c- Or more casual?

2- How do these places differentiate themselves?

I'm talking about, of course:

Planet Calypso
    ROCKtropic
    Next life
    Planet Arkadia

Thanks in advance for your time

2. Sponsored Links
    Planet Calypso! Sorry, I don't have time to go into details.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Planet Arkadia! More noob friendly imo. As for the other planets, Calypso has the most established economy, although Arkadia is well on it's way(It's only a bit over a month old, it is amazing how far it has come in that time). Rocktropia and Next Island unfortunately have been out for some time and are still missing basic systems essential to the 3 main professions. Due to this, they are basicly dead in the water and not worth starting on. Really the choices come down to either Arkadia or Calypso. While I recommend Arkadia alot more may recommend Calypso. In the end the choice is yours, you should extensively research each one and make your decision. (Arkadia has a huge update coming in August that may push it past Calypso )
    Last edited by 00Dan; 06-29-2011 at 16:45.

That is a good question and as the previous poster said there really is just 2 options at the moment.
    Arkadia and Planet Calypso.

Loot wise there is no difference to mention between the 2. Arkadia is a new planet with some issues due to the new systems and Calypso have some issues due to the old system and the changes made when implicating Crysis2 graphic engine a few years back. (Or was it just one year? Can't remember...)

When it comes to the possibilities to get help, answers to questions, find people to interact with etc then Calypso should be your choice for the start-up planet. Calypso is also more well-connected so to speak, meaning that all things ties together. When you get yourself together all you have to do is hop on a space craft, pay a transfer fee to the pilot and travel to Arkadia.

I wish you the best of luck

Steve Mischief

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
    That is a good question and as the previous poster said there really is just 2 options at the moment.
    Arkadia and Planet Calypso.

Loot wise there is no difference to mention between the 2. Arkadia is a new planet with some issues due to the new systems and Calypso have some issues due to the old system and the changes made when implicating Crysis2 graphic engine a few years back. (Or was it just one year? Can't remember...)

When it comes to the possibilities to get help, answers to questions, find people to interact with etc then Calypso should be your choice for the start-up planet. Calypso is also more well-connected so to speak, meaning that all things ties together. When you get yourself together all you have to do is hop on a space craft, pay a transfer fee to the pilot and travel to Arkadia.

I wish you the best of luck

Steve Mischief
    But dont forget Arkadia has 17 Advisers atm I am one of this and we all try to help all new players ,make noob events, TP runs/flights and answer every question Usually to every time you can find some of us all over Arkadia Feel free to ask for help and ofc ...read arkadiaforum.com there you can find us too for a meeting ingame

Hatchling
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, albeit a little too late, I've made my (rushed?) choice and I'm in Calypso but I hope this topic serves other newbies as myself.

Thanks anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Onteka View Post
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, albeit a little too late, I've made my (rushed?) choice and I'm in Calypso but I hope this topic serves other newbies as myself.

Thanks anyway!
    Welcome to Entropia, Onteka.

Hope your choice will be to your liking.

Good luck in your future endeavours!

Hatchling
    Calypso is the birth place to many/most

I believe Calypso also has more missions which will help in increasing your stats (iron missions galore )...didnt see many on arkadia, the brief time I was there.

As well as a healthier auction which can make a big difference

Welcome to Entropia Universe....hold on to your wallet, and have fun.

Az

Hatchling
    I believe you've made the right choice. Why ? Because I've started on Arkadia like a week ago and after the first familiarizing with the interface/actions quests there are none(excluding the Oro chain quests). Loot wise there IS a difference, at least entropedia.info says so - from the newbie mobs on Arkadia u can't get even the lowest set of armor(Jori, Oro and Halix mobs) but on Calypso u can get it from Daikiba, Sabakuma etc. I've maxed my TT BLP Rifle 2 days ago and guess what - I cant buy next rifle Herman ARK-10 Desert/Arctic simply because there is not a single one at the Auction and I'm stuck with the TT one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast