Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ET needs EU focus?

So I've finally decided to give this tracker program a go and see if I can help track some globals. However, I found something that probably has been answered long ago, but can't find the info on (though I admit to not searching too hard. )

Due to some "forum duties" I'm forced to sometimes play with EU in window mode and alt-tab out to deal with stuff. I've noticed that while that occurs, the tracker client seems to miss the globals that occur while I'm not focused on EU.

Any advice?
    Always willing to learn

2. Sponsored Links
    im assuming if the globals are not visible they are not recorded. it is an ocr program. it records what it sees.
    The Supply Line - emerald lakes mall, level 2, shop 3
    leathers, cloth, wood, paint, ematter, ores and more swing on by
    directory : entropiatools : peauction: inventory compare: entropedia : skill calc

Young
    For tracker to read globals it needs the entropia window active (should not matter if it in windowed mode but it wont register any globals at those moments you using other windows)
    Dont think with current tracker that there is something to do about it.

Do note all youre globals wil be registerd by other tracker users also so it should not accually matter in the total global listings

Good to see you use it, can recommend the dam/pec and other tracking functions to show youre efficiency (read somewhere you used ep-40 a lot,
    might wanna try comparing the results of a run with ep-40 to lets say amped h400 (105 or 106 amp be nice 104 will do).
    If you never saw the results before you be in for a suprise in the efficiency diffrence).

greetings skunk

I noticed this as well, but since we have to have the chat log turned on to use ET, does that mean the EU client itself does not record anything in the chat log while you are in any other window? Might explain a bunch of missing globals if most users don't realize this.
    "I exist as Sal’diresh, last remaining Knight of the world Arkadia. Hopeless is our chance of survival. Those that remain exist here at Artalia, both final bastion for hope and final despair for the people of Arkadia. Any beings to hear, we ask please. Help us."

Quote Originally Posted by EarlVonKippler View Post
    im assuming if the globals are not visible they are not recorded. it is an ocr program. it records what it sees.
    ET does no OCR. It records everything from the chat log.
    And to answer JC's question, yes you need to have the entropia window active for the ET client to record globals.

I spoke to Starfinder about the info in the ET client window "EU window active" & "Program status" once these are changed into active/started they are never changed even though the client can tell...

Yes.
    You need to have EU active, and yes it reads the chat.log

The reason for this is security.
    If EU was not needed to be active - you could go into the chat.log and type random lines your self, which ET would pick up.

Since ET will only read the chat.log if EU is in foruc, this is not possible anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by starfinder View Post
    The reason for this is security.
    If EU was not needed to be active - you could go into the chat.log and type random lines your self, which ET would pick up.
    Cool, thanks for the reply. (and to everyone else for their replies as well )

Question: I thought ET used redundant reporting (at least 3 required IIRC) to ensure globals were actually "legit". Or are you more worried about idiots trying some silly DB hack?

The situation is what it is and I'm ok w/ it, so not trying to get you to change anything. Just curious now.
    Always willing to learn

Quote Originally Posted by EarlVonKippler View Post
    No OCR anymore, ET parses the chat.log.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I noticed this as well, but since we have to have the chat log turned on to use ET, does that mean the EU client itself does not record anything in the chat log while you are in any other window? Might explain a bunch of missing globals if most users don't realize this.
    Focus on the EU window is a very unreliable method - it takes 30 seconds to code a little application that inject some text a couple of minutes after the focus is back on the EU window...

SF, maybe you are interested in how i solved this for EPT - drop me a line on msn.

alright. no ocr anymore reading the chatlog seems more efficient anyway.
    The Supply Line - emerald lakes mall, level 2, shop 3
    leathers, cloth, wood, paint, ematter, ores and more swing on by
    directory : entropiatools : peauction: inventory compare: entropedia : skill calc

Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
    SF, maybe you are interested in how i solved this for EPT - drop me a line on msn.
    Its really not a HUUGE issue - as there is 3 clients needed to verify a global.
    Ofcourse, if I can ensure that no tampering with the chat.log other than via Entropia Universe, then there would be no need for 3 unique reports.

Might hit you up later when/if I get the time/mood to change that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast