Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast
    Planet Calypso Official Kim|Calypso's Avatar

What's missing/wrong with the missions system?

Hey there

I'm looking for players pov feedback on the mission system and the design of missions. What do/don't you like, what would you like to see added?

Looking forward to hear from you!
    Mr Kim H.R. Welter
    Game Designer, MindArk PE AB

2. Sponsored Links
    Well some time ago i already opened a thread with various suggestions.

See here :http://www.entropiaforum.com/forum/w...ml#post2568696

Cheers
    Last edited by Jennson; 07-19-2011 at 19:34.

Provider
    Had an idea for future rewards in CFA missions, if we for example get Silvermissions.
    There should be items in every 10k missions, that can be upgraded with several of these kinds.
    So with one mission done you get a level1 item, with 2 missions done, you can combine items
    to a level2 item and so on.
    These items should be personal imo! Shouldn't be able to trade them.
    (Only those who really have managed to finish missions should be able to
    have these items.)
    They should ofc have value 0.00.
    What kind of item? For MA to figure out something fun, I guess...

Young
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim|MindArk View Post
    Hey there

I'm looking for players pov feedback on the mission system and the design of missions. What do/don't you like, what would you like to see added?

Looking forward to hear from you!
    I like them, just wish all mobs had missions, some story line related ones could be nice, with random item drops across all professions to complete it - with an item reward.

please can we have sabakuma mission

Hatchling
    Not so nice the 10k mobs missions, really boring and expansive...

I suggest Final Boss for each mission, better if mobs we can find just as mission boss

I would like missions featuring robot beacons.

Thank you.

Also, much of what Jennson says is true. Calypso is a vast number of stage props. A RPG is an interactive story, not just obstacles placed in the way of the heros. Slaying 1 bizzillion game animals may be great for the bureau of land management, but it's hardly heroic.

MA needs a bad guy for a world of Duke Nukems.

Calypso based missions: Bronze mission for shinkiba needs a better reward with the added difficulty that when killing a young you get -1 kill count. (and since MA is in charge of that planet I guess this is not completely wrong to say)

Platform based missions, what I seen all missions are kill this x amount of times or so...
    Would much rather like more adventure type missions, if we need missions at all...

The current missions I dont see a point with, I thought people knew you could hunt this or that without someone telling you but I guess I was wrong about that :/

And Marco said once the beacons will be based on the mission system, if it is will the way you acquire them change to making some kind of mission? please dont say it is so, dont change the beacons please. They were kind of a mission in itself, or are you trying to build that to the grinding type too "do x amount of this beacon then do x amount of the next level"?

Young
    Mob missions are o.k. but they are very lame.

Get real ones like the ones we had for the robot invasions and change them according to story line.

Basically try to keep the missions on par with the story line and work a bit on the npc's this engine is capable of making NPC's talk and move and what about scripted sequences only you can see of course.

There's quite a bit more things to do to make a better system but follow up on story line is a must.

-The Egg
    -The orbs
    -The beer
    -Rebuilding of new cities after the war titan crash

You have SOOOO much material to work with! We as players can all be part of those storylines.

More epic quests like No Way Out Prison

Hatchling
    As others have noted, more story telling in the quests would be nice. And perhaps some sort of instancing at the end of a quest for a "boss".

And item rewards, even if they are purely ornamental, are very motivating. I do like the skill rewards, but some variety would be great.

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast