Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 691
  1. #21
    Old Mega's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 12 2010
    Posts
    81
    Thinking more on this, when did we ever get this kind of information about what is been worked on? Yes we had "buzz" from Hanne for a while but some of them didn't come to fruition.

    This is great, and looking forward to the VU on 2nd August.


    Did I say 2nd August? Oh well. I'll be right or wrong. Place your bets.

  2. Sponsored Links
  3. #22
    Young NOJ8's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 29 2011
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim|MindArk View Post
    - Finished the parameters for a new armor set.

    - Finished the parameters of a boss mob.

    - Reintroduced the Daikiba to Calypso spawn areas.

    - Created a new fleshy/living terrain material that moves underneath your feet.


    Note that these things won't be in the production environment until the next patch.
    Will my old Daikiba skulls that have been renamed to Shinkiba be renamed back to Daikiba the way I looted them?
    Life is a series of disappointments broken up by periods of dark depression!

  4. #23
    Mature
    Joined
    Nov 08 2010
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim|MindArk View Post

    - Created a new fleshy/living terrain material that moves underneath your feet.
    ew that one sounds cool want to see that.

  5. #24
    Mature Puck's Avatar
    Joined
    May 13 2011
    Location
    Texas - USA
    Posts
    52
    So, less Fika Fika Fika, vacation vacation vacation...

    And more plan, develop, test, and deploy?

  6. #25
    Provider AlphaGeek's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 23 2011
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDameon View Post
    ew that one sounds cool want to see that.
    Prediction: Into the belly of the beast.
    Alpha AG Geek \\ Founder- Manticore // VU 7.5 Colonist


  7. #26
    Planet Calypso Official Kim|Calypso's Avatar
    Joined
    May 12 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by antonioliveira View Post
    Is a Boss mob what I think it is?

    Does that mean new wave events or beacons?
    I'd say thats a yes, on the test server he has 1.95mil hp and 2500 hp reg/sec and is about 50 meters tall.

    He can only be spawned by players through a quest, this quest requires items for completion that has a low drop chance from several new wave spawn bosses.
    Mr Kim H.R. Welter
    Game Designer, MindArk PE AB

  8. #27
    Young
    Joined
    Jan 13 2011
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim|MindArk View Post
    I'd say thats a yes, on the test server he has 1.95mil hp and 2500 hp reg/sec and is about 50 meters tall.

    He can only be spawned by players through a quest, this quest requires items for completion that has a low drop chance from several new wave spawn bosses.
    the most important thing is what will we get as reward? 1 Agility? lol

  9. #28
    Old
    Joined
    Nov 01 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    94
    aaah so same old, content for those 3% uber ubers who we can never catch up to
    Just a stupid Q, how often is the eviscerator wave spawn done compared to the lower lvl wave spawns?

  10. #29
    Planet Calypso Official Kim|Calypso's Avatar
    Joined
    May 12 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by das View Post
    aaah so same old, content for those 3% uber ubers who we can never catch up to
    Just a stupid Q, how often is the eviscerator wave spawn done compared to the lower lvl wave spawns?
    How would you say its content for ubers? its not like any 1 or 10 players for that matter can kill it. It requires a massive amount of players as well as a substantial protection force to make sure other groups dont come and kill you to steal the boss.
    Mr Kim H.R. Welter
    Game Designer, MindArk PE AB

  11. #30
    Young
    Joined
    May 31 2011
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim|MindArk View Post
    How would you say its content for ubers? its not like any 1 or 10 players for that matter can kill it. It requires a massive amount of players as well as a substantial protection force to make sure other groups dont come and kill you to steal the boss.
    So its just for the top 10 most skilled Societies then.

    The problem with balancing a game that has open ended progression is if you balance toward the top end of the spectrum, everyone below is left out. If you balance toward the middle or bottom, the people at the top end will just take over and farm the content and everyone below them is left out. Large difference in powerlevels means its not easy to achieve balance.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •