Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 12345678910111454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim|MindArk View Post
    ... It requires a massive amount of players as well as a substantial protection force to make sure other groups dont come and kill you to steal the boss.
    So, you say "Kill stealing" is a build in part of the game?
    I know its very possible to do - but as the EULA says, its illigal to cause greif to other players.
    Killstealing, imo, is somethign that causes greif.

So, in short. If I were to go to a "low level mob" spawn - and just obliterate all the mobs the newbs were fighting against - that would be perfectly legal?

2. Sponsored Links
    Old
    He can only be spawned by players through a quest, this quest requires items for completion that has a low drop chance from several new wave spawn bosses.
    Hmmm..... kinda like finding a beacon from a robot spaceship while mining......

Menace

Old
    How would you say its content for ubers? its not like any 1 or 10 players for that matter can kill it. It requires a massive amount of players as well as a substantial protection force to make sure other groups dont come and kill you to steal the boss.
    Well, teams are still limited to 12 persons.
    If I do some quick math, 12 foerippers + evil amps (not counting dmg enhancers) do around 1116 dps avg, wich isn't even enough to kill the regen alone.
    This is going from the fact that all teammembers have a designated fapper & non dies from a crit.
    When you say it requires a massive amount of players to do, I can allready predict that the only way to kill it is if the Top ubers team up & KS it from the other players. Unless ofc you're planning on dropping 250 * marco's gun

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by Toggle View Post
    So its just for the top 10 most skilled Societies then.
    Nope

Manticore SOC WILL gather the pcs. We WILL spawn the beast. And we WILL run it to turret!

Menace

Planet Calypso Official Kim|Calypso's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace View Post
    Nope

Manticore SOC WILL gather the pcs. We WILL spawn the beast. And we WILL run it to turret!

Menace
    I'm a clever designer, hes spawned in a cave that he cant leave. And neither can anyone else for that matter since the only way to enter is to jump through a hole in the ceiling and land in a pool of water.
    Mr Kim H.R. Welter
    Game Designer, MindArk PE AB

Quote Originally Posted by starfinder View Post
    So, you say "Kill stealing" is a build in part of the game?
    I know its very possible to do - but as the EULA says, its illigal to cause greif to other players.
    Killstealing, imo, is somethign that causes greif.

So, in short. If I were to go to a "low level mob" spawn - and just obliterate all the mobs the newbs were fighting against - that would be perfectly legal?
    Do you really not see the difference between the two scenarios?

There is a boss in a pvp area that has the shared loot function and he will oufcourse be a temping target for other groups as he is hard to spawn and has nice loot. Here we have a legitimate motive for the players doing the attacking plus the fact that the group spawning the boss can defend themselves.

The griefing rule must ofcourse be abit more relaxed in pvp enabled areas since you have the possibility to kill the person griefing you. Outside of a pvp area theres often nothing that can be done.
    Mr Kim H.R. Welter

I'm a clever designer, hes spawned in a cave that he cant leave. And neither can anyone else for that matter since the only way to enter is to jump through a hole in the ceiling and land in a pool of water.
    Kim...?

You're evil!

Quote Originally Posted by das View Post
    Well, teams are still limited to 12 persons.
    If I do some quick math, 12 foerippers + evil amps (not counting dmg enhancers) do around 1116 dps avg, wich isn't even enough to kill the regen alone.
    This is going from the fact that all teammembers have a designated fapper & non dies from a crit.
    When you say it requires a massive amount of players to do, I can allready predict that the only way to kill it is if the Top ubers team up & KS it from the other players. Unless ofc you're planning on dropping 250 * marco's gun
    Agreed. Only fair way to kill such a mob is to make it a shared loot mob. Don't think one of the top socs will be so stupid to fire tons of ammo on it and than be KS or wiped out in a PvP environment.

On a shared loot base, it can (maybe) be some fun a few times.

The numbers are preliminary, we will do alot of gameplay testing before this is released to make sure its balanced.
    Mr Kim H.R. Welter

Old
    If it's 'shared loot', then why would I buy the rare pieces so others can enjoy the loot also? I think it's a nice way to ruin the markup of it b4 it's even here.
    How about removing the shared loot function on it & also remove the regen, while the high hp & eventual dmg stays the same? This way it will make sure that I actually get a 'bang for the buck' when I decide to buy some of the rare pieces needed to make it spawn.
    Another option would be to have a special teamsetting wich allows bigger teams for this, but keep it for such mobs only then.. we don't wonna see teams of 50 with p4/104 combo killing big proterons & warlocks