Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by das View Post
    ..we don't wonna see teams of 50 with p4/104 combo killing big proterons & warlocks
    This is very out of topic but - Why wouldn't we like to see that?
    For as long as I've played people have complained about that team sizes should be aloud to be bigger.

Sorry for the steal, Kim.

2. Sponsored Links
    In fort events there are already larger 'teams' - guess Kim will find a way how to make it work

Quote Originally Posted by Kim|MindArk View Post
    I'm a clever designer, hes spawned in a cave that he cant leave. And neither can anyone else for that matter since the only way to enter is to jump through a hole in the ceiling and land in a pool of water.
    Never underestimate the resourcefulness of your players. Anyone that has ever sat behind a set of referee screens knows that. Ask Hanne about... oh... Just trust me on this one.
    Alpha AG Geek \\ Founder- Manticore // VU 7.5 Colonist

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
    This is very out of topic but - Why wouldn't we like to see that?
    For as long as I've played people have complained about that team sizes should be aloud to be bigger.

Sorry for the steal, Kim.
    I was about to ask the same question. Why? This would be a step in the right direction as to the question of balancing between high- & low-end players.

And sorry Kim, but I too, find this an very important issue.

Old
    Shared loot.... HUGE HP.... trapped in a cave... sounds fun for ALL. This setup would probably PREVENT the top SOCs from taking part. Think about it... though the chance is SLIM there is still a small chance some noob will hit it with a Pulverizer once and get some uber high end item after the TOP socs just blew 5k PED on ammo killing this thing.

10k OJ's and Kiwios FTW!

Menace

Frankly, I see nothing wrong at all w/ a large quest-spawned shared loot hard to kill boss mob.

The only ones that I can see that might dislike this scenario are players who:

• Worry that their skills/gear/resourcefulness aren't good enough to be able to participate, or
    • Worry that "lower" players might be resourceful enough that they will play alongside their high skill/gear.

If you really dislike this idea, think carefully about which of these two describe you and why.
    Always willing to learn

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCapital View Post
    Frankly, I see nothing wrong at all w/ a large quest-spawned shared loot hard to kill boss mob.

The only ones that I can see that might dislike this scenario are players who:

• Worry that their skills/gear/resourcefulness aren't good enough to be able to participate, or
    • Worry that "lower" players might be resourceful enough that they will play alongside their high skill/gear.

If you really dislike this idea, think carefully about which of these two describe you and why.
    How about the ones paying for the rare item needed to make it spawn & the leeches that come shoot for a shot at a nice loot of it?

How about the ones paying for the rare item needed to make it spawn & the leeches that come shoot for a shot at a nice loot of it?
    If that's your worry, then it's simple. Don't buy it.
    Always willing to learn

Planet Calypso Official Kim|Calypso's Avatar
    Thats why its a PvP area, it will be in your interest to have a dedicated defense team at the dungeon entrance. Killing an enemy will really mean something here since both teleportations and flying vehicles are disabled in the region and its a darn long hike from the closest outpost.
    Mr Kim H.R. Welter
    Game Designer, MindArk PE AB

Planet Calypso Official Kim|Calypso's Avatar
    I actually thought about some content for the lower end players as well, some of the wave spawners are targeted specifically for this player group and they will begin at the same times as the more difficult ones so that they might be left alone by the ubers.

For example, a freak of a goki called the "Gosubusagi" might be suitable for mid levels and a distant cousin of the Proteron with the working name "Nooberon" might be suitable for beginners
    Mr Kim H.R. Welter
    Game Designer, MindArk PE AB