View Poll Results: Would you like to be able to play Entropia through steam?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 44.44%
  • No

20 27.78%
  • I really couldnt care less

20 27.78%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Steam distribution

Has Mindark considered distributing Entropia over Steam?

I`m asking because I`ve recently started playing some shooter MMO and found out about it through steam advertisement of free2play games.
    I think steam distribution could be huge for Entropia in terms of getting more players to join.

2. Sponsored Links
    Should be great to have ingame steam support (more friendlist etc kinda like xfire but then ingame more)

But somewhere i think i read that mindArk prefers it's own download platform

Quote Originally Posted by Faye View Post
    Should be great to have ingame steam support (more friendlist etc kinda like xfire but then ingame more)

But somewhere i think i read that mindArk prefers it's own download platform
    The free2play MMO shooter I`ve played through steam few days ago has both its own download system and it`s available via both steam and as separate download from its website. So it doesn`t mean you can`t have both.
    Last edited by Mikass; 07-31-2011 at 07:48.

Distributing (and advertising) VIA steam would at least double our player base within the first month, almost guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hijacker27 View Post
    Distributing (and advertising) VIA steam would at least double our player base within the first month, almost guaranteed.
    I think so too. MA has taken atm a hands off approach to marketing whole Universe as a whole and lets the individual planet partners do that themselves, which to be honest have done a very poor job so far.

I don`t see why they can`t make a joint marketing for the universe as a whole. I`m afraid individual planets might not be viable for steam integration and would take Mindark to actually get involved.

Steam users could just be presented with the choice of many planets to choose from when creating the account. Each planet with some interactive description of what`s it about.
    Last edited by Mikass; 07-31-2011 at 10:18.

Yes, for the first time in almost 9 years, i am also very worried. It seems that Mindark is totally outdated

Young
    Being able to play Entropia via steam would be awesome! Also all the tools for individual planet download are already there since new players can still choose their favourite planet to download in client loader.

Planet Calypso Official Kim|Calypso's Avatar
    We have recently contacted them regarding this, can't give any more info at this point.

Cheers
    Mr Kim H.R. Welter
    Game Designer, MindArk PE AB

Quote Originally Posted by Kim|MindArk View Post
    We have recently contacted them regarding this, can't give any more info at this point.

Cheers

Ok, that's an answer, folks.

Hands in lap, knitting out and wait for it...

What is steam distribution?

Edit: Google is my friend.

It looks like it certainly would get some new users. Looks like they have millions of users
    Last edited by HardWrath; 08-02-2011 at 16:13.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast