Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hunting Exploit - "Meat Sacking"

Yesterday I learned of an exploit that many people seem to be using. Obviously in a forum I’m not going to post names or how exactly the exploit works but a way has been found to effectively trap Proteron and possibly other mobs and prevent the people shooting the mob from being hit. Once in a while someone gets hit by the mob but not much.

An individual in NBK Elite who has been hanging out with members of a couple infamous societies approached a few other hunters in the NBK yesterday. He told them about the exploit, tried to convince them it wasn’t an exploit, made a team and took them out on a hunt. After seeing that it clearly was an exploit they sent support cases to MindArk.

I had one of them send me MA's response to the support cases. Here it is:

We are aware of that the AI of the animals is yet not perfect. We are constantly updating this system to improve it further. If the creature gets stuck and cannot reach you (for whatever reason), it should fall into a trapped state, meaning that it cannot be damaged or interacted with. If, for some reason, the creature is stuck, but does not fall into the trapped state, this is an exploit. If you ignore this fact and you still interact with the creature to gain advantages you are abusing an exploit and thereby violating the EULA.
    The main reason I'm making this post is because the NBK member who was booted today decided to make threats to me in order to get me to keep my mouth shut and not expose this exploit to MA and the EU community. He mentioned how many people were doing it, gave avatar names, gave big society names and his threats were based around preventing me and the NBK from being able to function in game, especially in PvP areas. He named some big names and that means a sum total of zero to me.

So to those who want to make threats:

To everyone else, if anyone tries to get you to participate in this exploit just know that MindArk does consider it to be an exploit which is against the EULA. There could be consequences for using the exploit.... MA has in the past locked whole groups of avatars all at once in order to investigate their involvement in exploits.

MA is aware of this exploit and it is an obvious PED leak and/or it affects the balance of the game.

EU is real money and when you extract PED from the system through exploits you are stealing from all of us... not just MA.
    Last edited by HardWrath; 08-03-2011 at 06:45.

2. Sponsored Links
    Dominant
    I got some questions. (I don't hunt proterons, I'm just curious).

First, it's simply not ping-pong hunting with a slow mob?

Secondly, as for "ped leak": Is proteron great to hunt for good returns?
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

Quote Originally Posted by aia View Post
    I got some questions. (I don't hunt proterons, I'm just curious).

First, it's simply not ping-pong hunting with a slow mob?
    No its not that, ping-pong is normal team game play...

What im talking about is a way to trap the mob without it becoming "Unreachable"

Quote Originally Posted by aia View Post
    Secondly, as for "ped leak": Is proteron great to hunt for good returns?
    The big ones can be on a good day. The big ones are very hard to hunt because of how much damage they do but because of their HP level, the HoF potential is huge. I’m certain that many of the large HoFs on big Proteron have been a result of people using this exploit. Obviously not everyone is doing it.

Without taking much armor or fap decay, its much easier to profit on any mob.

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by HardWrath View Post
    No its not that, ping-pong is normal team game play...

What im talking about is a way to trap the mob without it becoming "Unreachable"

The big ones can be on a good day. The big ones are very hard to hunt because of how much damage they do but because of their HP level, the HoF potential is huge. Iím certain that many of the large HoFs on big Proteron have been a result of people using this exploit. Obviously not everyone is doing it.

Without taking much armor or fap decay, its much easier to profit on any mob.
    I like to know what people you do accuse here, not that many that do hunt the bigger proteron.

Mature
    ive made a case about it a month or 2 ago. Maybe longer. Its not interesting to MA perhaps just like VTOL hunting exploit.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Young
    Proteron are so slow you dont need to exploit any game mechanics to kill them, unless running is an exploitable mechanic, in which case everyone is banned as of now.

Side strafe away from proteron, jump, turn 90 degrees, fire, turn back 90 degrees, land, continue running. With a bit of skill anyone can hunt proteron without armor and without being hit. I've done it with an Apis, so its easily done with a fast firing weapon, not just a slow rocket launcher. No need to "Meat Sack", whatever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Toggle View Post
    Proteron are so slow you dont need to exploit any game mechanics to kill them, unless running is an exploitable mechanic, in which case everyone is banned as of now.

Side strafe away from proteron, jump, turn 90 degrees, fire, turn back 90 degrees, land, continue running. With a bit of skill anyone can hunt proteron without armor and without being hit. I've done it with an Apis, so its easily done with a fast firing weapon, not just a slow rocket launcher. No need to "Meat Sack", whatever that is.
    This tactic definitely works for youngs and matures, olds eventually catch up to you though (unless you're really really fast). Did it a lot when I had a SGA launcher. But when you get to the bigger ones, anyone not tanking them is probably using an exploit.

I initially thought the title was "meat stacking", which made me think of those delicious bacon cheeseburgers at Burger King. LOL

...and you're right HardWrath. Any exploit robs MA as well as other players. Exploiters should go to the hell reserved for child molesters and people that talk in theaters.
    Alpha AG Geek \\ Founder- Manticore // VU 7.5 Colonist

Young
    actually..it is very easy to not get hit at proterons....
    solo..with ml35 +enhancers they drop most of the time before they can hit me

last week i did big prots in team of 3.....with pingponging and running away when mob gets close its easy to not get hit

Ive seen this bug in action, and someone even offered to show how it works to me and guaranteed me "good returns" for participating. I politely refused, telling them I dont play EU to make money and although the offer was welcome if they were unwilling to discuss the methodology within even a private chat window I was not interested.

I can verify it does exist and proteron are not the only mob it is usable on.
    Laudanum
    Welcoming new and advanced players!
    Nymphtown Castle
    Aesthetic Arts for your Entropian and Real World home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast