Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Speaking on behalf of a SOC m8 who hardly plays anymore as he is all melee and can never find high end swords. The RARE Niffilheim(however it is spelled) and Rainbow specifically he will log in check auction none for sale log out, two to three times a day. If he does find one he burns it up checks auction again and logs out. I know I have been using his Angel for about a month now since he can't find the weapons he prefers. Their needs to be more high end swords readily available for players that use these types of weapons as there main weapon. Maybe make them drop more frequently. Balancing may be determined by in-game markup I don't know as these swords have a very low markup due to so few can use them therefore getting TTed, if this is so drop more so some might actually make it to auction instead of TT.

My suggestion higher drop rate on higher end swords and new higher SIB swords to prof lvl 80-85.

Many have already posted my thoughts as well UR150 being one of them (rare), just voicing the frustrations of a SOC mate above I hear it every time he logs in well as accurate as I can get it.

2. Sponsored Links
    Mature
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Speaking on behalf of a SOC m8 who hardly plays anymore as he is all melee and can never find high end swords. The RARE Niffilheim(however it is spelled) and Rainbow specifically he will log in check auction none for sale log out, two to three times a day. If he does find one he burns it up checks auction again and logs out. I know I have been using his Angel for about a month now since he can't find the weapons he prefers. Their needs to be more high end swords readily available for players that use these types of weapons as there main weapon. Maybe make them drop more frequently. Balancing may be determined by in-game markup I don't know as these swords have a very low markup due to so few can use them therefore getting TTed, if this is so drop more so some might actually make it to auction instead of TT.

My suggestion higher drop rate on higher end swords and new higher SIB swords to prof lvl 80-85.

Many have already posted my thoughts as well UR150 being one of them (rare), just voicing the frustrations of a SOC mate above I hear it every time he logs in well as accurate as I can get it.
    How do you know if the swords are dropping but end up in the TT anyway.
    If they release higher swords, they will probably end up being TT'ed as well.

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by Archman View Post
    I would like to see a gun between the Isis HL15 and the HL18. There are enough hunters using these guns to justify another gun half way between their skill level requirements.
    HL18 basically doesn't exist anymore, so make that HL15 - HL20.

Old
    The Svempa XT is basically a gap since you guys made Enhanced Strategic Combat Processors so rare and they have high markup, making XT's 150% (well part of that is market manipulation, obvious with XT's; I hope you guys enjoy selling one gun per week).

In fact the balancing manager is probably responsible for several "gaps".

I think the biggest problem gap we have is in armors. Getting armor over nemesis or the animal series is stupidly costly and hard

Young
    I would like to see some Gauss weapons personally. I know 5 of the technically exist, but I dont know if they drop any more. If you need ideas for names you could call them Railguns too, not the design technically, but they both use magnet forces to fire a slug.

Based on how both principles work here's my thoughts:

- Gauss Rifles should be fast firing, low damage, close range. A real Gauss Rifle fires using a series of coiled wire down the length of the barrel, the only moving part is the projectile. The gun fires by powering the coils of wire in series to make alternating North and South magnetic fields, first pulling and then pushing the slug down the barrel in quick succession. As the only moving part is the projectile, the decay on this kind of weapon should be low.

- Railguns would be slow firing, high damage, long range. A real Railgun has much more power than a Gauss Rifle. It fires by using two parallel metal rails, one with positive current, one with negative. As a conductive projectile is pushed down the rails, it completes the circuit, causing the rails to produce magnetic fields flowing in opposite directions, pushing the projectile down the barrel. Much heat is created during this process and the rails themselves have to be replaced frequently. These types of weapons should have VERY HIGH decay.

Both of these weapons should use large amount of Energy Cells, as well as BLP Packs. They are powered electrically after all.

Hatchling

Martial (L)?

What happened to Martial (L) armor?
    6 months or one year ago (I was out of game for a while), most parts were plentyful with a fair markup of 105-125%. Now most parts are very rare, and therefore has markup that makes it unusable for eco hunting.
    I assume the droprate was lowered (or can anyone enlighten me otherwise?), which I think is really strange, since it was a good armor for the casual mid lvl player wanting to hunt mid lvl mobs, using for example apis+dante or similar dps setup, without having to invest 20k or upward in an unlimited set. Now I'm back to doing small mobs with eco laser pistols, mostly because of lack of this armor or anything similar.
    I think it was good for the economy, to allow mid lvl players to hunt mid lvl mobs and cycle more peds.
    Was droprate on this particular armor lowered, and if so, why?
    Last edited by Lorthis; 08-06-2011 at 15:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorthis View Post
    What happened to Martial (L) armor?...

...Was droprate on this particular armor lowered, and if so, why?
    Answer is yes, drop rate were lowered. As for your question about why, nobody but God (MA's balancing manager) knows.

Reason for it is hidden in a dark room at Mindark, but probably because mid-level players all of a sudden got too much of an easy access to old school uber mobs, thus treading in the "wrong" loot pool.

Planet Calypso Official Kim|Calypso's Avatar
    It was my decision, martial was too abundant and cheap which made higher up armors pretty much worthless.
    Mr Kim H.R. Welter
    Game Designer, MindArk PE AB

Quote Originally Posted by Kim|MindArk View Post
    It was my decision, martial was too abundant and cheap which made higher up armors pretty much worthless.
    Makes sense, I guess.

And we finally got to know who God really is!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast