Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Provider
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim|MindArk View Post
    So with regards to armor you would say that the gap is between jaguar etc and angel?
    A UL armor with Close Combat around 77-80 had been nice.

2. Sponsored Links
    Old
    So with regards to armor you would say that the gap is between jaguar etc and angel?
    I think the main thing is that not a lot of people can afford to plunk down $1000 to buy a set of Jaguar.

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    I think the main thing is that not a lot of people can afford to plunk down $1000 to buy a set of Jaguar.
    for me personally it's the devaluation of my current sets that sets me back on investing even more in so called better sets. (read more mu to crash)
    Also when talking about mu's of martial, are there any plans to adjust the balance between F & M sets?
    What about the cheap L sets like polaris & several hermes parts, while sets like serum seems to be extremely rare? I fail to see the logic in that

Mature
    I guess... but from my point of view, the problem with armor is much more with the drop rate of various types rather than what is actually available (theoretically).
    For example, why does so much Thunderbird(L) drop? Bristlehog and Allophyl stalkers don't require TBird so that only leaves Cersumon.
    Or why isn't there a mob ideally suited to Polaris(L)? (RPG pov: It makes you wonder why someone would invent such specialized armor with really nice stats that ends being kind of useless because no mob really has that combination of damage.)

You mentioned trying to encourage people to buy UL armor sets by reducing Martial(L) drops... have you considered increasing the drop rate of L-versions of those UL you are trying to promote?
    If you want to convince me to depo 1k, 2k , 5k, or 10k USD to get a complete set of UL armor, shouldn't be possible to acquire a complete L set relatively easy in order to do a testdrive?
    Maybe L versions of UL armor doesn't need to be so durable -- as long as more of every piece drops regularly...?

I'm trying to fill some holes that exist in the weapon progression among the different professions. I would be very happy if you would help me out by letting me know about where these gaps are and what you think it needs to be filled with.

Please stay on topic as this is not a thread for discussion. I will look at your posts and then look at our parameters and then see what can be done about it.
    UL sib brawler weapons
    (check the link in this post too)

Lets start off with this, and the power claw mk.1-mk.6 BPs dont drop enough so there is almost never any to buy and when there is they are usually stupidly priced 130-200% is typically what I seen which leads me to the same conclusion the BPs dont drop

and even if you made a ul brawler weapon that maxed out at level 100 I would use it if it was possible to take down Atrox, Ambu, Furor with it

Young
    Yes, but at the same time Angel isn't exactly readily available itself, but thats getting into the uber armors so i suppose they should be rare.

Mature
    Quote Originally Posted by das View Post
    What about the cheap L sets like polaris & several hermes parts, while sets like serum seems to be extremely rare? I fail to see the logic in that
    Serum is crafted. So is Solir, that could work as a "Martial light" in many applications. As these only come from looted BP-s, they suffer from bad drop rates and not enough people clicking higher level BPs from which these might drop.

MA has a blind spot on balancing these. Kim not liking crafting unfortunately will probably mean that this part will not improve

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
    I guess... but from my point of view, the problem with armor is much more with the drop rate of various types rather than what is actually available (theoretically).
    For example, why does so much Thunderbird(L) drop? Bristlehog and Allophyl stalkers don't require TBird so that only leaves Cersumon.
    Or why isn't there a mob ideally suited to Polaris(L)? (RPG pov: It makes you wonder why someone would invent such specialized armor with really nice stats that ends being kind of useless because no mob really has that combination of damage.)
    Polaris is for cold mobs and mid level cut+stab mobs and for warding off penetration damage (Itumatrox, for example). It is much better than Nemesis vs imp/cut/stab mobs. Whats not to like about it?

There seems to be a look that armor, esp higher protection armor must be expensive, something you really spend a lot in as an investment. Considering that there already are too many stupid barriers for people progressing up from the mid levels and increasingly everybody just using apis and just apis, this does not look like a good strategy.

Dominant
    The markup was so low that there was no reason to buy unlimited armor of the same or higher protection level. I want the markup to be high enough to encourage investment in unlimited armor while at the same time low enough not to discourage use. This balance is exceedingly difficult to reach.
    Will more "unlimited" armor drop or come into game in some other way, or will the ones who previously used martial (*) have to fight for the sets that are ingame at this point?

(*) Since a few parts of martial has been a bit too rare/pricy for me and I prefer a consistent armor I haven't used martial myself. For normal mobs I usually use ghost/vigi because the cost in stepping up has been too high. As a third set, for one single mob, I use parts from an (L) armor for with a few oldschool armor parts (from auction - it hasn't dropped for years except for footguards). I also got an (L) tiger armor set but when it's broken it's broken I guess. Most of the higher mid-level (L) armor sets suffers, in my eyes, from the problem that some parts are very common, but there are usually one-two parts that are rare, expensive and easily turns into reseller food.

Yes, I use the "extremely cheap" Polaris. But there is no other option at that level for me - as far as I know, it's feels like 5 years since last normal part dropped (arms) and say 3 years since the footguards dropped. I got three viking parts now (helmet, shinguard, footguards) so the rest of the parts I have to rely on Polaris(L).

Also it would be fun to know if dropping of higher level (L) weapons is strangled to, to keep the markup high enough on them not to compete with higher level oldschool weapons (foeripper and so on) and a few rare repairable ones.

In a way it feels nice to know the future in mid-level, when it comes to areas ingame and the vision of the future market of "gear" (as seen in the perspective you're lacking it). I say future in mid-level, becuase I think I will practically never be able to reach "uber" level.
    Last edited by aia; 08-08-2011 at 18:01.
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

Hatchling
    Kim, if you want to see all of the different weapons progressions at one time, head over to Coop's Limited Weapon Museum at (71136, 82550) near Atlas Haven. It has virtually every Limited Weapon in the game, under one roof. They are all arranged in order of SIB level.

And also turn on the drops for the Montgomery Diabolic, Modified UL3, and Force Mace Attack, so I can complete the collection.

Oh, and fix the item points in the estates :P

-fish

I agree with what a lot of people are saying - drop rates are half the problem.

Take the HL18(L) for example.. that baby didn't drop for years. Then after a few people started putting in support cases whining about it FINALLY a few started dropping (but the MU is still astronomical)

I happily use (L) armor parts. I love jag/tiger (L) but some parts just rarely drop (feet esp) which makes me not buy the rest of it because I a) don't like having incomplete sets and b) not much else is close enough for what I want it for.

I'd like to see a lot more of a lot of things, tbh! A gun between CB26 (L) and CB28 (L).. increased drop rate on CB28 (L).. or give it to more mobbies to hide in their bellies. More BLP rifles and ones above CB29..

I think the list is pretty endless because everyone plays differently and we all want a billion different things.

Most of all though, I'd like consistency.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast