Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    What about handguns, rifles etc that exceeds the lvl 100. Many of us want them and there are... none?

2. Sponsored Links
    Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_udi View Post
    What about handguns, rifles etc that exceeds the lvl 100. Many of us want them and there are... none?
    Even if I on one hand can understand your wish, from a mid-level player perspecitive it sounds like a luxoury problem.

If you have level 100+ on your top weapon (let's say laser handgun), you probably have good enough skills to use other top-level weapons aswell (let's say you can use XT, higher level rocket launchers, you have "Mindforce Harmony" for free).

With imk2 or mm with a204/a106 (which I guess most people who have level 100+ have access to, unless you sold it) and level 100 you have an eco that is hard to beat with the (L) weapons.
    For rifles, the old rifles have way better range than the old carbines. Even if LR66(L) is high power, my guess is that someone who has mod dar, ancient imk2 or Adj 6a1 will win in the long run over someone who buys LR66(L)'s in auction (just consider what happens when there is just one LR66(L) left in auction and a resller starts to smell the demand of that weapon?).

The other obvious advantage of high level repairable weapons is that you can hunt freely off-world. Besides from breaking enhancers, you can stay on Rocktropia, Next Island or Arkadia "forever" without having to run out of gunpower because you can't access the calypso (L) market.

I think it was said sometime, that at 100, the progress in profession practically stops, but further skilling will give boost in HP. Now you might think that top-HP isn't all, but if you hunt bigger mobs than it's an advantage for sure, especially if you have top-armor and you're backed-up by one-two mod fappers (warlock10/iota for instance). And in Ancient Greece, though you won't have access to higher level weapons just because you have higher professional level, a higher HP increases the kill speed for sure, and though a bit awkward makes it way easier for you to hunt the huge mobs (costing over 20 ped/each) to kill with "TT" weapons even if you get more than one of them at you at same time (since there is no tagging weapon, if you get swarmed in the middle of killing one, the other(s) will start to attack you, changing from easily killing the first huge mob into reviving killing because you can't get rid of the others). 300+ HP surely helps over 178 in such a situation (as is 178 of course better than say 110 HP).

This is just what I see in my mid-level perspective. Sure it can be possible with weapons over level 100, but if they're good, they'll leave mid level players further behind in the dust. Maybe it's possible to balance it in, if MA makes them with the intention of being used for the boss mob.
    Another option can be that a planet partner makes an ubergun that can only be used on a certain planet, and then the planet partner gets the headache of balancing (maybe making a planet designed mainly for older players at higher levels).
    Last edited by aia; 08-12-2011 at 14:42.
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

Provider
    You need to add items with stats superior to what is in game already. But more than that, you need a reason for people to use those things. Items like VRX4000 or such would be great to have. But since with VRX3k you have about the same results as with f-105 in so many places, and where you find more stuff it can actually have lower markup that when using the VRX3k, it defeats the purpose of using higher level guns.

With weapons... Having higher skill req UL guns would be great. However, you made XT too cheap and that pushed MU down on many of the low level guns also, so because of that, there is no reason to use lower L guns. As for the UL ones... why risk paying MU when the next vu can make you cry?

IMO, if you make a smooth progress from lower level to higher level and is too easy, you kill the value of skills, the value of ESI. Having gaps is good for the game. To be fair, for game economy.

Inserting finders from TK320 to VRX2k would be good, only if you make them uber rare and virtually impossible to find cheap. Same as from VRX2k to vrx3k.

With weapons... market proves that the low level ones are well designed and too many.

Armors are way too common as it is. Most mobs can be killed in gremling+plates as it is. If you plan to put more intermediate armors in game you will crash their value further. So I can only see this as an option if you push up the damage on all mobs so that you have an actual reason to move up in armor. I am sure you know the actual gaps from charts you have at work, so is no point in naming things. All I would say is that TT on armors is way too low. And there is the real gap. You should know why I say that.

It is not clear for me what is your purpose... to build an economy, or to make it a game like WoW where all can eventually have any item out there. If this would be clear in my mind, I could start pointing out names of items.
    We do not forgive!
    We do not forget!
    We are legion!
    Expect us!

Quote Originally Posted by dr_udi View Post
    What about MindForce Attack chips that exceeds level 32?

All MindForce Attack chips are maxed out at level 32 except:
    First Gen Electric VIII
    First Gen Combustive IV
    First Gen Combustive V
    First Gen Combustive VI
    First Gen Combustive VIII

In other words, the only 5 attack chips not maxed at level 32 in all MF Professions are ones that are unlimited and costs 1000s of PED.

Furthermore, only one of these 5 chips has higher DPS than a regular First Gen Electric IV and that is the First Gen Electric VIII that maxes at level 34 and does 42.4 DPS average, making it the highest DPS chip of all currenly existing MF chips.

Therefore, I claim that the MindForce situation is more dire than the fact that there are no level 100+ guns.

I agree with NH, Mindforce should be addressed before level 100 guns, at least philosophically.

Personally though I dont think level 100+ anything should EVER be introduced into game. Level 100+ exists so your character can keep skilling, and improving without the restriction of a hard end game. I do not think it exists so people can get an uber 1 hit kill weapon and go around pwning all the noobs. Nor do I think level 100 exists so people can run around sporting huge anime style weapons that are 500x bigger than the avatar carrying them and do godly damage.

At some point you need to ask yourselves, do we want sane progression and a sense of balance, or do we want a universe like Dragonball Z or RIFTS, where the "toughest thing in the universe" is defeated only to have something 10,000x tougher right around the corner.
    Laudanum
    Welcoming new and advanced players!
    Nymphtown Castle
    Aesthetic Arts for your Entropian and Real World home.

Provider
    Quote Originally Posted by Magyar View Post
    I agree with NH, Mindforce should be addressed before level 100 guns, at least philosophically.
    The order is not that important as long as things get done

Personally though I dont think level 100+ anything should EVER be introduced into game. Level 100+ exists so your character can keep skilling, and improving without the restriction of a hard end game. I do not think it exists so people can get an uber 1 hit kill weapon and go around pwning all the noobs. Nor do I think level 100 exists so people can run around sporting huge anime style weapons that are 500x bigger than the avatar carrying them and do godly damage.
    Personally I think that opinion about what happens after level 100 should be for people that actually have that level. If you think you will never reach it, it does not mean no one should have it. Level 100+ avatar development would help the game a lot more than it would do any gap filled in existing items. If implementation is right, that is.

At some point you need to ask yourselves, do we want sane progression and a sense of balance, or do we want a universe like Dragonball Z or RIFTS, where the "toughest thing in the universe" is defeated only to have something 10,000x tougher right around the corner.
    If something stronger, a new goal, a new purpose would be right around the corner, EU would be a great success. If you feel like a rat in a maze, it does not mean that that maze should end at the first door just because you wont even reach that ever anyway. Some of the other rats are just insane and they'll eat the walls anyway.
    We do not forgive!
    We do not forget!
    We are legion!
    Expect us!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk View Post
    The order is not that important as long as things get done

Personally I think that opinion about what happens after level 100 should be for people that actually have that level. If you think you will never reach it, it does not mean no one should have it. Level 100+ avatar development would help the game a lot more than it would do any gap filled in existing items. If implementation is right, that is.

If something stronger, a new goal, a new purpose would be right around the corner, EU would be a great success. If you feel like a rat in a maze, it does not mean that that maze should end at the first door just because you wont even reach that ever anyway. Some of the other rats are just insane and they'll eat the walls anyway.
    Blackhawk, your response is poorly thought out. You clearly do not realize the ramifications of a decision to continue adding on bigger, badder, stronger, and more dangerous. To put it all in a nutshell, eventually the entire universe becomes mundane and loses value. Players know something bigger will come along that will undermine the efficacy of whatever theyve achieved now, so they stop achieving and move on to something else.

Furthermore, low and midrange players see more and more they will never achieve, the finish line getting further and further away with each passing month. So they dont bother playing, instead showing interest in something with a more achievable goal. No market for low and midrange gear means the high level big spender players get nothing, and their assets start to depreciate. Then they leave.

Game is over. Pack your bags, move on with life. Play something else.

Do you really want that? I dont think you do. So next time you reply to me how about dispensing with the egotistical bullshit responses like "You havnt achieved level 100 so STFU" and actually use that piece of gray matter between your ears.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Magyar; 09-20-2011 at 16:44.
    Laudanum
    Welcoming new and advanced players!
    Nymphtown Castle
    Aesthetic Arts for your Entropian and Real World home.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk View Post
    Level 100+ avatar development would help the game a lot more than it would do any gap filled in existing items. If implementation is right, that is.
    How would adding 100+ gear help more than filling the gaps? More people would be able to get to 100+ if gaps were filled, more people would go for higher levels if gaps were filled, etc.

Hell, I currently can't even get halfway to 100+ gear in my profession

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678