Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
    Large influx of new players? Why don't the CLD payouts reflect that then???

My theory: they downgraded servers recently, to save money...
    The're free to play players that stay online sweating for 5 hours and then leave after 10 mins of hunting/mining/etc. when their ped cards are empty.

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Nor Alien View Post
    The're free to play players that stay online sweating for 5 hours and then leave after 10 mins of hunting/mining/etc. when their ped cards are empty.
    That hardly causes "overcrowded" servers now, does it?

And it's been a while since i saw the last EU ad somewhere - the ad campaign seems to be over for a while already...

New theory: MAs coders have, for a change, implemented more bugs in the server side logic than in the client software. And the servers are now running at 100% load already when somebody says "Boo" in local chat... 2 more people and the server is marked "full".
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

That hardly causes "overcrowded" servers now, does it?

And it's been a while since i saw the last EU ad somewhere - the ad campaign seems to be over for a while already...

New theory: MAs coders have, for a change, implemented more bugs in the server side logic than in the client software. And the servers are now running at 100% load already when somebody says "Boo" in local chat... 2 more people and the server is marked "full".
    Depends on where the ads are targeting people. Such as different countries or websites some of us don't visit. Either way, I haven`t seen any new ads myself, and the land area they are using for just one server, im assuming, is far to little.

Besides when they implement new or old bugs, they usually announce them as VU`s.

Besides when they implement new or old bugs, they usually announce them as VU`s.
    True.

But is was such a nice theory... *sniff*

True.

But is was such a nice theory... *sniff*
    I agree!!

Large influx of new players? Why don't the CLD payouts reflect that then???

My theory: they downgraded servers recently, to save money...
    Well, going back a few months I asked this same question when we had the great events going on and the CLDs just seem to drop. Now we have new players coming and some have to be putting in some more ped..yet CLDs still seem to be at an all time low. Yes, it's summer coming up now so our old players are taking a break while the new players are coming on to sweat, but still think you see some changes in returns.

My guess here is that 1) a lot more people are leaving game then guessed and/or 2) MA has changed the size of Calypso cut in profits witch in turn gives us less money. To back that up, didn't Mindark just create some new company names? This would be about the time our CLD did start to dive..but yes, yes, it's due to less players....

Quote Originally Posted by OZtwo View Post
    leaving game then guessed and/or 2) MA has changed the size of Calypso cut in profits witch in turn gives us less money.
    It can't be 2) - they had last years payout checked by PwC (iirc), and they can't just simply cut the payouts down without the auditors asking inconvenient questions (to say the least, more precisely they would be arrested for fraud pretty quickly...)

Leaves 1)...

Or let me rephrase that into my "favourite question to CLD owners":

Do you know the game "musical chairs"?

It can't be 2) - they had last years payout checked by PwC (iirc), and they can't just simply cut the payouts down without the auditors asking inconvenient questions (to say the least, more precisely they would be arrested for fraud pretty quickly...)
    Yes, getting off topic, but you are not thinking like MA here. Who said they cut the payouts? The % of the payouts are the same. The planet just got smaller shares which in turn gives us less shares of the same %.

But yes at the end, the game is just dying a slow death. Me, I would go for #1 over 2.

Yes, getting off topic, but you are not thinking like MA here. Who said they cut the payouts? The % of the payouts are the same. The planet just got smaller shares which in turn gives us less shares of the same %.
    A smaller share for calypso? How?

It is exactly defined what happens with the profit, there is no way they can somehow "shift" the PEDs somewhere else, at least no legal way...

And if you think they might be cheating (to say the least), it is maybe time to get out while you can anyway...

But yes at the end, the game is just dying a slow death. Me, I would go for #1 over 2.
    I don't want it to die either - just like anyone else who has seen the potential behind the concept - let's hope they have enough brains to sell the game to someone who has minimal knowledge on market mechanisms, player psychology and how to put the fun back into the game... before they have driven away every single player.

I don't want it to die either - just like anyone else who has seen the potential behind the concept - let's hope they have enough brains to sell the game to someone who has minimal knowledge on market mechanisms, player psychology and how to put the fun back into the game... before they have driven away every single player.
    Yes, lets hope..but at the end, it is starting to look somewhat better. But with all the changes going on one (two) can only hope!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast