Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by narfi View Post
    Hell and Foma (and maybe Ancient Greece) each have their name displayed in globals.

These can be seen from their main planet, but not from the other planets.
    HoFs can be seen everywhere, and they have the location everywhere, too.

Starfinder, don't you record the location data (these custom messages, you know...) for globals/HoFs anyway?

Do you drop them after processing or why can't you simply query the database for mobs that have a certain location?
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
    Starfinder, don't you record the location data (these custom messages, you know...) for globals/HoFs anyway?

Do you drop them after processing or why can't you simply query the database for mobs that have a certain location?
    Your own globals - those (if you have selected to) I log the coords of.
    So, yes, if you global - and have selected to send the coordinates to ET, then I log where you are. And it already does base your location on that data - if you have selected it to send that data to ET.

But for someone who is not sharing "global location" with ET - then its not doing it.
    However, the newest version of the ET client presses "location key" when you login (if you have enabled it).. and then I base the location on that - but once every 10 minutes (i think it is) it tries to look for a location again (if you change planet)... And for that "resetting" of the location I only use "which mob globals you can see". It would be a tad too intrusive if ET were to press "p" once every 10 minutes.

But yeah - I guess I could do what you are saying, figure out if "mob X" ever has globalled for a participant, who is running the ET client, and is sharing location data with ET - on more than one planet. And remove the mob from the "this mob is only on planet X" list.

Easier to ask Kim about it

Quote Originally Posted by starfinder View Post
    Your own globals - those (if you have selected to) I log the coords of.
    Actually, i was talking about these:

XXX killed a Creature (Gibnib Stalker Elite) and found loot worth 456 PED at LA 400, Gibnib Heaven!!

They are planet specific, and you track them, i.e. for LA events, don't you?

Actually, i was talking about these:

XXX killed a Creature (Gibnib Stalker Elite) and found loot worth 456 PED at LA 400, Gibnib Heaven!!

They are planet specific, and you track them, i.e. for LA events, don't you?
    Ah yes.. But then I would have to know which planet "Gibnib Heaven!!" is on..

Your current position is: Hell (39152, 21259, 177)

Your current position is: Hell (39152, 21259, 177)
    Meh.. Ohh well.. Ill add that to the database as well then... But ill merge it to RT's stats - just like FOMA were added to caly's stats..

HoFs can be seen everywhere, and they have the location everywhere, too.
    It isnt about what can be seen everywhere, it is narrowing down what can only be seen in a certain location.
    Globals can only be seen from their own planetary system, therefore globals (not HOFs) such as HELL and FOMA being reported show which planetary system the reporting avatar is on at the time they report.

narfi

It isnt about what can be seen everywhere, it is narrowing down what can only be seen in a certain location.
    Globals can only be seen from their own planetary system, therefore globals (not HOFs) such as HELL and FOMA being reported show which planetary system the reporting avatar is on at the time they report.

narfi
    You made it sound like HoFs are shown w/o location outside of "their" planet - which is not the case.

Dominant
    Just a doublecheck: Daikiba and Exarosaur are on that list, but not Snablesnots?

The daikibas, have they been implemented back on calypso somewhere yet?
    (Not needed to reverse the shinkiba thing, but it would be fun with a spawn of them somewhere)
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

Hatchling
    Wouldn't it be so easier if, at every login/tp EU logged THE PLANET you're on (or on every global, only in chat.log and not on screen, for example)?

I think this could be asked to Kim, and I bet it would not be that info-disclosure-breaking

That would also be useful for mining and crafting, no?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast