Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PvP and Amps

Quote Originally Posted by Skandis View Post
    That is an exact copy of JimmyBs thread (the one i've linked above) - it does allow the deduction you make here, but there is no evidence to support this deduction.

Pure empirical reasoning works pretty good as well.
    What you label "empirical reasoning" is nothing but "educated guessing" from my PoV im afraid...

For instance, put on a set of thunderbird and hunt a sumima. It damn well won't be doing 50% of it's initial damage.
    Initial damage? Could you please make an example, with exact numbers?
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

2. Sponsored Links
    Old
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
    Are there any real test results somewhere, or is that just the same "the way i think it might/should work" assumption i made here?
    Yes it was tested, Jimmy doesn't just make stuff up.

Young
    Initial damage? Could you please make an example, with exact numbers?
    Go find out yourself. It's easy enough to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
    I know that - it's just:

What you claim is NOT included in JimmyBs thread...

Go find out yourself. It's easy enough to prove.
    Hey, i know i can test it, i just asked if you have indeed actual numbers to back this up, or if you just made this up from thin air...

I believe Wizz's point is that yes, armor was tested against mobs, and we all know that. But are all of the concepts of armor consistent when dealing with PVP? And if so, then aren't some actions counter-productive?
    Always willing to learn

Young
    Hey, i know i can test it, i just asked if you have indeed actual numbers to back this up, or if you just made this up from thin air...
    Posting in a troll thread.

If you had any form of interest of testing your little hypothesis, you would just go out and test it yourself. It shouldn't take you more than five minutes. It has been four days since you wrote the opening post, and yet you've been unable to do such.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCapital View Post
    I believe Wizz's point is that yes, armor was tested against mobs, and we all know that. But are all of the concepts of armor consistent when dealing with PVP? And if so, then aren't some actions counter-productive?
    Exactly

Ty, JC

So, anyone has a couple of shots left in a 100% burn dmg gunto test this?

Posting in a troll thread.

If you had any form of interest of testing your little hypothesis, you would just go out and test it yourself. It shouldn't take you more than five minutes. It has been four days since you wrote the opening post, and yet you've been unable to do such.
    Ok, let me try to tell you this in the nicest way possible:

I cannot test this on my own, as you obviously need 2 people for such tests.

My soc mates are either hardcore BLP users or miners like me... (well, we have a MF guy, too, but that won't help me either, obviously...)

I own a set of vigi and a set of hermes, so i am willing to play the "target", but i will not waste 200-300 PED on buying an (L) gun i have no use for other than this test (i'm a miner, i hunt just occasionally, and when i do, it's mostly small stuff i can kill unarmoured with my trusty Mk.II SGA)

I dared to ask you whether the things you claimed here are just guesswork or are based on some real tests - you just gave me the link to JimmyBs thread, a link i have already posted myself in this thread.

I dared to point out that JimmyBs thread (the one you provided as "proof") does NOT address the question raised in this thread.

Now you call me troll, and seriously, i looks like you just say that because i caught you making claims based on virtually nothing.

So, pretty please, refrain from posting in this thread (until you learn that "coz i say so" is no proof whatsoever) - tyvm.

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCapital View Post
    Ah I see - in that case, no, I don't know of any specifically PvP tests that have confirmed it works in the same way as it does against mobs. I doubt there will be a difference. The way a mob's damage stats work is the same as the way a weapon's damage work (i.e. values assigned to each of the damage types), so I don't see any reason to suspect there is a difference.

There's no way that adding an amp can reduce the amount of damage inflicted. Anyone who's spent any time in PvP can tell you that amping very clearly increases the damage inflicted.

Young
    Ok, let me try to tell you this in the nicest way possible:

I cannot test this on my own, as you obviously need 2 people for such tests.

My soc mates are either hardcore BLP users or miners like me... (well, we have a MF guy, too, but that won't help me either, obviously...)
    Your hypothesis is based on an assumption that is clearly wrong, which you can easily find out yourself by going toe to toe with a small mob in medium armor. Yes, there's a possibility that armor works completely different in PvP. No, I haven't argued against this. All I'm saying is that if you can't even get that right for four days; why even bother unless you just want attention?

There's no way that adding an amp can reduce the amount of damage inflicted. Anyone who's spent any time in PvP can tell you that amping very clearly increases the damage inflicted.
    Well, the question was more like "does the 1 or 2 PENE most laser amps add to a 100% BURN gun cause some adverse effects", i.e. comparing a 7 BURN only amp and an amp that does 1 PENE and 7 BURN.

(Which seems to be the case, IF the armour is plated with i.e. 6As, as the 1 PENE is "filtered" twice if what has been posted above is correct.)

Your hypothesis is based on an assumption that is clearly wrong, ...
    And you ASSUME that i am wrong, which doesn't help one bit.

If you don't understand the question, and just try to look smart by repeating what someone else said... just stop posting.

... which you can easily find out yourself by going toe to toe with a small mob in medium armor.
    This is about PvP, completely different ballgame, because mob DONT have armour nor plates.

Yes, there's a possibility that armor works completely different in PvP.
    How "different"? Ths is about damage types, and obviously a plated armour CAN indeed absorb more damage than simple "plates+armour"

No, I haven't argued against this.
    Come over here then - from here it sure looks like you did.

All I'm saying is that if you can't even get that right for four days; why even bother unless you just want attention?
    Dude, you dont understand the question, you have nothing valueable to add to this thread, yet you post here like nuts... I'd say you are the one looking for attention.

Again: Please leave this thread alone if you have nothing to add but negativity.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast