Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Hatchling
    Joined
    Jul 15 2011
    Posts
    2

    Unhappy How to start making money on calypso?

    Hi all

    I am trying to do the basic quest at the starting port of calypso ( the hunter, the miner, the girl with her fence to be repaired).

    But I am stuck, my weapons are both used, I don't have any bomb prob left for mining, and having sold the loot I had (at the trade machine in the equipment area), It remains me 0,28 $ ( I could just buy some amno). I couldn't finish the 20 hunting quest.

    So how to start making money enought at least to be able to buy the minimum required to complete the quests?

    Thanks in advance,

    Cyril.

  2. Sponsored Links
  3. #2
    Moderator
    Joined
    May 13 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    580
    Hi there Cyril,

    Welcome to Entropia !

    As you've started on Planet Calypso, you might like to check out www.planetcalypsoforum.com too.

    You've find many excellent guides for new players there, both in:
    N00bs Corner, and the Tutorials & Guides forums.

  4. #3
    Moderator
    Joined
    May 13 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    580
    Cyril, keep in mind here that Miccey doesn't play this game anymore.

    He just like to come and troll our forum for some reason I really can't fathom.

  5. #4
    Hatchling
    Joined
    Jul 15 2011
    Posts
    2

    Thumbs Up

    Hi all

    To Serica: I already told you thank you ingame; these links are definitively usefull with beginner guides

    I tried to add you to my freinds list but couldn't managed to do it.

    Hi Miccey,

    Thank you for your answer Sorry English is not my mother tong so there is a misunderstood.

    I just play for fun (I have a job) so I was meaning by making money earning enough ingame money to keep on playing. In clear, buy the minimum material to complete the quests ( quests are what I am interested in on RPG) without using my credit card

    But your advice is wise: It is recommended as well in the beginner's guide to sweat DNA and sell it to other players to start playing .
    I did so and could srart completing the quests at last.

    I also applied to a couple of societies

    See you Ingame,

    Cheers,

    Cyril.

  6. #5
    Old Alpha
    Joined
    Nov 08 2010
    Posts
    732
    buy low, sell high. Hundreds of items go on auction weekly with start bid at tt+0 or 100%... There's a place to profit that will pay a little better than sweating.

    Expect to be overbid, but remember, if you are overbid, your peds on auction boomerang back to your card.

    Why should people do this for stuff they don't need? Simple answer is that it forces auction history prices to drop like a rock, making the entire game a lot more affordable for all... but yes, do expect to be overbid a lot... Also, this will get you following the auction, so if you see stuff you really do want or need later on, you'll have a better idea of what the going rates are so your chances of getting screwed by paying too much are a little less.

  7. #6
    Alpha wizzszz's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 01 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by Miccey View Post
    In bold answer...NOT POSSIBLE...Its said over and over in countless
    threads..You have to deposit to play..


    Why don't you just stfu?

    There are a lot of people who play (and not only on a small level) without deposits for years, some w/o any deposits at all. It's hard to believe that you never heard about them...


    It's understandable that you are pissed when you were too lazy or stupid to get there, but seriously: spreading lies is not gonna make you feel better about it, ya know...
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

  8. #7
    Guardian Magyar's Avatar
    Joined
    May 14 2011
    Location
    Aberdeen, WA
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post


    Why don't you just stfu?

    There are a lot of people who play (and not only on a small level) without deposits for years, some w/o any deposits at all. It's hard to believe that you never heard about them...


    It's understandable that you are pissed when you were too lazy or stupid to get there, but seriously: spreading lies is not gonna make you feel better about it, ya know...
    Its not exactly lies.

    The game has fundamentally changed since the early days. While its still possible to play off of pre-existing bankrolls earned in years past, starting the game off right now as a free to play participant is an exercise in patience that most often ends up in frustration and the uninstall button.

    To allude to others success as free players in years past and insinuate that such a feat can be repeated now is blatant misinformation. I'm not sure whether its nature is vicious, motivated by a desire to pump more cash into the system in attempts to reap the rewards, or whether its due to the proponents universally making like an ostrich and sticking their heads deep in the sand. But misinformation it is, regardless.

    Free to play now is still possible, but unless the player is very lucky that person will have very limited play for months, if not years.

    Sorry if this doesnt jive with what some folks would like to believe, but I dont believe the ultimate success of this game lay in putting on blinders and pretending certain problems do not exist. I believe this games success will come from having open eyes and clear vision, so that problems can be identified and remedied.
    Laudanum
    Welcoming new and advanced players!
    Nymphtown Castle
    Aesthetic Arts for your Entropian and Real World home.

  9. #8
    Alpha wizzszz's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 01 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by Magyar View Post
    The game has fundamentally changed since the early days. While its still possible to play off of pre-existing bankrolls earned in years past, starting the game off right now as a free to play participant is an exercise in patience that most often ends up in frustration and the uninstall button.
    The game has changed, but there are still a lot of people who play w/o deposits, or even withdraw... just check the achievements section of PCF.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magyar View Post
    To allude to others success as free players in years past and insinuate that such a feat can be repeated now is blatant misinformation. I'm not sure whether its nature is vicious, motivated by a desire to pump more cash into the system in attempts to reap the rewards, or whether its due to the proponents universally making like an ostrich and sticking their heads deep in the sand. But misinformation it is, regardless.
    Nobody said that everyone can do this - you need a bit of brain and a lot more patience - it is still possible though, take my word for it, and i'm not exactly a friend of MA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magyar View Post
    Free to play now is still possible, but unless the player is very lucky that person will have very limited play for months, if not years.
    "Very limited" is very relative - unless you define what limited means in this context i cannot comment im afraid.


    Quote Originally Posted by Miccey View Post
    Soo..Lies huu...lkjsdiouBSopiewtrjnm LOL

    PROVE ME WRONG...

    You are accusing me of lies, prove that i do then...
    I don't have to prove anything to YOU, and i don't give a flying fuck if YOU believe what i say... and as far as others are concerned... well, just let me phrase it like this:
    I am not worried, not one bit, that your word might outweight mine.

    Who are you anyway?
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

  10. #9
    Provider AlphaGeek's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 23 2011
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    198
    Yawn. It's a game. It can be a fun game if you focus on playing the damn thing instead of trying to turn it into your own personal cash cow.

    Now, go play!

  11. #10
    Hatchling
    Joined
    Jul 18 2011
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    1
    to OP:

    HI

    you can go out and sweat a little. Besides few peds you can get for your sweat, you are gaining also some mindforce skills, essentiall defensive skills and maybe you will find new friends

    I guess you dont need large sum of peds, so sweating is your choice.

    Later, you can make some deposits and try something more interesting.

    and to MIccey
    It is your decision how you play this game, so if you "win", it is because you was good enough, and if you loose, its becuase you was not good enough
    Dont blame anyone else.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •