Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by M Rufen Power View Post
    Aboslutely
    Lol, what a freudian slip... or did i miss a new gangsta slang term?

'slutely!
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

2. Sponsored Links
    Old
    Just finished the Migration Event Mission, hunting Exarorsaur Elite mobs & found out I profited again $200 . Still think its a scam?

Quote Originally Posted by mjprogue View Post
    Well, thanks for the comments, but ultimately it comes down to reality...

Ok, so the game requires tons of patience and time...no problem there...the problem I have is that I am required to spend money for pretty much every hour of play.

And yes...I do expect to turn a profit mining...its called realism...if profit could not be made, nobody would do it...and if long term real world investment in a game is required to even have a (slim?) chance of seeing a return on investment in game, there is a serious problem with the setup.

Take away item damage (or make it WAY more reasonable/realistic) and give me a subscription model...no way any but the incredibly stubborn and/or wealthy stick with this game at current pricing requirements.

Of course if I've missed the point and the bizarre real world economy (riiiggghhhttt...) actually IS the main draw of this game instead of being its biggest flaw, then my bad and I'll move on and let others be duped by the "you can actually make real money off of this game" scam.

Regardless, really bummed that the skill system I've ALWAYS been looking for finally comes along and other barriers to play are shutting me out...
    Sorry, Kiddo. Apparently this isn't your game. You haven't understood what the drive is in this, why we who play enjoy it even if some days is worse than others. It's not monthly pre-paid, thanks goodness, if it was I sure as hell wouldn't be here. It would be cheaper, yes, but also more limited. The amount of money spent is entirely up to me, not the game itself or its creators.
    To "live" in this kind of environment takes some whit and the ability to use your imagination.
    I've had my fits about eco and bad return, no doubt there, but when it happens, well, there is just as many ways to play this game as there is participants.
    Entertainment cost money, in this game you decide how much. If the shoe doesn't fit feel free to try something else.

Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by mjprogue View Post
    So I pay $1.50 for a sword that breaks after barely an hour of killing basic, no drop critters...and my skills STILL aren't good enough to fight anything else, which would of course cost me another $1.50...
    You have options in beginner level both then it comes to weapons and mobs, it's just that you can't (economically) kill big mobs right away, you have to learn which ones you can hunt. Some of the mobs you can hunt (shinkiba young, snablesnot) isn't close to Port Atlantis, you have to travel a bit to hunt them.

Some people go for the sword because they see they don't have to pay for ammo - it's true you don't pay for ammo - but melee weapons decay faster becuase the damage they make is taken from decay instead of from ammo.
    As a rule of the thum, the weapons in trade terminal costs the same to use when it comes do damage/PED spent.

If you are a complete beginner, you may want to begin with the Kiwio II(L) in trade terminal, I think it's easier to "max" (easier to hunt efficiently with). Also it's relatively cheap to buy.

And if you want to try out mining, don't go right away for the "normal" mininig tools, begin with the mining tools in the "new arrival" section in trade terminal (this is were you also find the Kiwio II). The beginner mining tools use less probes, so you won't lose as big when you're not lucky.

And as someone stated before, the profit in mining isn't in the TT return (unless you get a beginner's luck 10k mining tower at sweat camp), but at the markup you get when you sell what you've mined. And (again), if you don't have enough to sell by yourself in auction, sell it to a trader. Or ask around in your society if there is any crafter who wants to buy it directly from you.

a further 4200ped from land ownership. Sold my share of land with final investment being under 2k
    Investing in land and being able to get in at a fair price isn't for everyone; I think you could consider yourself lucky if you got the chance to invest directly in land. If you ask in PCF about investing in land you'll hear that you need around 200 000 ped to get started. Another thing is that joining a share thing is pretty risky, unless you either really can trust the "share coordinator" (of not taking off with the PEDs), or it's a small amount you'll live if you never see it again. (Would you trust an avatar who have zero skills and someone has specifically set up to manage a shared estate - and have nothing to lose by taking off with the money?)
    Last edited by aia; 08-16-2011 at 19:52.
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by aia View Post
    Investing in land and being able to get in at a fair price isn't for everyone; I think you could consider yourself lucky if you got the chance to invest directly in land. If you ask in PCF about investing in land you'll hear that you need around 200 000 ped to get started. Another thing is that joining a share thing is pretty risky, unless you either really can trust the "share coordinator" (of not taking off with the PEDs), or it's a small amount you'll live if you never see it again. (Would you trust an avatar who have zero skills and someone has specifically set up to manage a shared estate - and have nothing to lose by taking off with the money?)
    Yes I think I was very lucky just because of the opportunity that presented itself. It was once in a lifetime thing & I'm glad I came on board at the time & would gladly do it again. A lot of people were skeptical about the share coordinator & didn't invest. A lot of those same people are kicking themselfs for not getting in .

Yes there was risk trusting the person but I'm glad I did, I didn't believe for one second he would scam anyone of the investors out of their money, due to the fact the person himself has assests worth a lot irl within the game. I doubted he would take the risk of running away with our peds based on that & he has been a competent member of EU for a long time & provided collateral for all of our investments.

I'm personally just waiting for MA to implement the contract system they said would arrive at some point, they made that statement in 05. Yes Aia is correct, melee weapons decay a LOT faster than gun+ammo. Go do some research on that in the forums the longblade in TT is very very bad economical sword. I hate using it, destroys after like 10mins.

Old Alpha
    ome people go for the sword because they see they don't have to pay for ammo - it's true you don't pay for ammo - but melee weapons decay faster becuase the damage they make is taken from decay instead of from ammo.
    you loot ammo, and use it to kill mobs, so it's actually sometimes harder to track return on investment, if you are tracking that sort of thing, then it is to track repair cost on good ul melee weapon. (of course costs on melee is increased by the armor and fapping, so it all works out about the same ultimately)...

just play the game, stop counting the returns.

find yourself a good cost per month in your real world budget so you won't be wasting countless hundreds of hours on sweating, and deposit regularly, crossing fingers in hopes (unrealistic hopes mostly) of a hof, and just having fun in the daily grind, or figure out other ways to spend wisely in reselling, etc.

Dominant
    Yes Aia is correct, melee weapons decay a LOT faster than gun+ammo. Go do some research on that in the forums the longblade in TT is very very bad economical sword. I hate using it, destroys after like 10mins.
    I didn't say *that* lol.

Generally, the repairable weapons in the trade terminal has an eco of around 2.73 (worst eco the handgun, best eco Opalo). The (L) weapons in trade terminal (Kiwio on Calypso and the weapons on Arkadia) eco around 2.8.

The repairable weapons sold in Ancient Greece (longblades) is somewhere in between, though they break at 50% and begins a few notches above beginner level. They can be of interest when you're in their skilling range, but you probably want more than one of them because of the 50% thing, though the TT of Laconian Sword begins at 8 ped (of which 4 ped is useable).

In a way you're right though, or were right: The old energy sword (Enblade-1) has relatively bad eco. That sword was sold in Trade Terminal before the Opalo sword (Enblade-A - note the difference!), and was later re-implemented for some odd reason and was removed from trade terminal when the weapons trader in Hadesheim stopped selling "old" weapons and went to only selling the current TT SIB weapons.

(Don't worry if you missed opportunity to buy from weapon trader, the weapons were pretty weak with todays standard, only thing being slightly better being the range that the Punisher have - you can probably find those cheap in auction. Generally though for short-range tagging Brave ME is the classic gun.)

And even if you're normally using a sword, it can be useful to have a ranged weapon like Opalo so you can use it to tag one mob if two are close.

As for how long time it takes to break a TT weapon: It takes more than one TT weapon in Ancient Greece to kill a Brontes Cyclops (they take around 20 ped in decay to kill). How long time a weapon takes to break depends on how intense you hunt, it's a difference if you use an armor and do mobs nonstop or if you go the eco way; no fap, no armor and regen naturally between mobs, especially until you have built up HP and evade skills. If you do it the easy way a TT sword can last for an hour, if it's nonstop hunting maybe it can break in 10 minutes (well don't know).

There is a secondary way you can say melee weapons (like swords) are more expensive to use though: Because you spend more time closer to mobs you will get more hits, and if you are using fap and/or armor you will get more decay that way.

But, again: I'd say the eco for all new weapons (those with SIB) is fairly constant, having a "raw" eco of 4.0-4.2.
    Last edited by aia; 08-17-2011 at 17:46.
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

Mature
    God I wish I could only spend a buck fifty in a few hours

Lmfao

I understand the frustration. It's very demoralizing to a new player to not be given a chance to participate in the economy. Without an even temporary method to defend oneself, it's frustrating to be relegated to simply being tethered to an automated turret.

I understand the economy is less it's own and more a Real World economy, but as players poke their heads in, they find the simple fact that things like a Quad cost upwards of US$120 (Based on Calypso market less than 12 hours ago).

How can it be improved? Without unbalancing the already existing economy (which is MUCH more delicate since EU's economy is tied directly to real-world money), it'd be difficult. Part of me wished the tutorial were better beyond the landing and that if I didn't have the proper equipment, those tutorial quests wouldn't ask me to kill [x] fauna.

EU does well at presenting itself as a very pretty MMO, but what's stopping people is the recurring financial investment that often slips beyond $15 a month.
    Last edited by Freyar; 08-25-2011 at 07:12.

To the Moon... and back.

Well seeing the OPs last acitvity seems the OP gave up on it... pity

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast