Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hatchling

Investing in entropia - the soc shareholder program

To players in the Entropia Universe who think about investing in a joint shareholder program with your society ................... All I can say dont do it or at least think twice. All trades in Entropia are final and once you have given away your peds it technically belongs to the other person. Theres no such thing as second thoughts.

This is how the society leader {removed} got hold of a mothership and a shop which she barely invested into.

People got thrown out from the society and the forum when they asked for a cashout, making it impossible according to rules, to ask for a cashout.

Many days have passed now without a word from {removed}.

People are still waiting and hoping for a cashout. But chances are very slim.

I wasnt affected thankfully - im just spreading the word - so this wont happen again.

Heres a link {removed} where I and most {removed} investors reside today. You can find more to read about this on the society forum, chatlogs and such. The legacy {removed} will be spelled in different kinda words I think.

http://voc.hostei.com

If you browse please make a post and say hello
    Last edited by JohnCapital; 08-14-2011 at 22:01. Reason: 2.13

2. Sponsored Links
    Sorry to hear about this. Hope it all gets worked out.

I had to mod your post because of this forum rule:

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Rule
    2.13 - Scamming Accusation
    Accusations of "scamming" or other TOU/EULA violations that name specific Entropia Universe avatars or EntropiaForum members are NOT permitted. If you feel you have strong evidence that someone is violating the Entropia Universe EULA or otherwise engaging in underhanded activity, please submit a report using the official Entropia Universe or Planet Partner support channels.
    The issue can be discussed with no problems, but please refrain from mentioning specific people.

Yes it's a loophole, in that most folks familiar w/ the situation already know who is being discussed. However, we still can't allow specific accusations on the forums. To do so would require the mods to investigate to make sure any claim is not simply character assassination, (And yes, people have made intentionally false accusations in the past.) and frankly we have no desire to investigate every single case.

I just hope the people involved in whatever happened here do the right thing for ALL involved.
    Always willing to learn

Hey, sorry for the off topic post, but who bought that last mothership when it was initially on auction?
    Just curious.
    Alpha AG Geek \\ Founder- Manticore // VU 7.5 Colonist

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaGeek View Post
    Hey, sorry for the off topic post, but who bought that last mothership when it was initially on auction?
    Just curious.
    Ark Royal was the last mothership to be sold on AH, purchased by Mrs Sinofmen Quayjay.

yeah we all know who you mean, this avatar and cronies have always been a bit fishy...

Quote Originally Posted by 00Dan View Post
    Ark Royal was the last mothership to be sold on AH, purchased by Mrs Sinofmen Quayjay.
    Ah, yes. I thought that was the last one purchased at auction. Thanks!
    Alpha AG Geek \\ Founder- Manticore // VU 7.5 Colonist

Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaGeek View Post
    Ah, yes. I thought that was the last one purchased at auction. Thanks!
    The Ark Royal was the last one sold on auction, but the bidding was done by an "investor" outside of the society. Well, actually, by an avatar that belonged to a "friend" of the investor. The mothership was then sold to Sin for an amount over the initial auction (sorry I can't remember that exact number, 5k peds more maybe?).

MANY people lost peds in this situation, myself included. MANY over 1k peds, and a few WAY over the 1k mark.

But it seems that both of the offending avatars have been locked as neither myself or others have seen them log in for over a week (almost two if I remember correctly).

It is extremely disappointing that this happened to our group, as a large majority of the players effected are awesome people. I hope this incident, on this large of a scale, will serve as a caution to others who may be looking to do a "group investment" in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauhe Gunor View Post
    yeah we all know who you mean, this avatar and cronies have always been a bit fishy...
    Tried to warn people for months. Nobody would listen...

Certain 'respected' avatars even went so far as to attempt to claim that my in-game screenshots of these people acting the fool and engaging in in-game character assassination of others were faked, so that they could continue believing these jokers and offering them public support.

I call that kind of blind prejudice willful, and because of that hold those prominent members of the community who engaged these people on a daily basis and encouraged their activities just as accountable as the thieves themselves.

I however feel nothing but sympathy for those who were taken advantage of by this scheme.
    Laudanum
    Welcoming new and advanced players!
    Nymphtown Castle
    Aesthetic Arts for your Entropian and Real World home.

Young
    [QUOTE=JohnCapital;2576728] To do so would require the mods to investigate to make sure any claim is not simply character assassination, (And yes, people have made intentionally false accusations in the past.) and frankly we have no desire to investigate every single case.
    QUOTE]

This is not a false accusation. Is very true.
    I double dare the mods to investigate.

Mature
    its a shame went things like this happen becuase a lot of soc in the past have had some sort of group investment systems and they worked very well with a lot of trust placed in the soc leader.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast