Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Old

Lightbulb Why can't I redo a completed mission?

I like the mission system Kim but it isnt perfect. I like what is available atm & the added bronze type challenges. What gets me is this. When are you going to stop adding more missions? At the moment it seems like you will at some point in the future to come, add a grinding mission for "every single mob" on calypso, with added bronze/silver/gold/platinum challenges for higher mats. Is this what you could be planning for us?

This is where I see the problem. 1 you do not put nearly enough natural spawns for us to complete the mission in a time frame I would like, such mobs would include things like argonaut scouts. Can't find a decent spawn, I didn't see any spawns around scout level which were known or listed. Not only thing I have an issue with. 2 the rewards for the bronze challenges are also less than the original iron challenge. Shouldn't they be worth more, with the added cost to kill the mob? Hmm, I would of thought so myself, but I guess not.

This is what brings about this thread. I was talking to someone about this but only thought to ask it now. Why can't we redo completed missions? I honestly don't see the problem in this if the individual is willing to put the work involved to continually improve his avatar by hunting said mob. Some may say cause you will get to many attribute gains and so on, well whats the problem with that? How could you see that as an exploit when you know full well that attribute gains are the most difficult to gain? And people could hunt whatever maturity they felt comfortable hunting with, without the developers putting the limit for them, whether iron/young, bronze/scout etc you get what I mean, leave that up to the player's choice and desire.

Imagine this, uber has 100+ attributes in one field. Do you honestly think an uber would continually waste his time redoing a couple newbie level missions in order to get those gains after the first time? I honestly don't think they would bother. Maybe for the higher level mobs like scips but then again they are also putting in the time and money to do so, so why limit them? I honestly have to say the Exarosaur Elite mobs have been the most fun & challenging for me to this date, recently. But I completed it in 5 days & for the 8 hours the spawn generator wasn't operating it would of been 4 days. Pretty quick for not even a mid level player.

I could of did the mission again within the 2 weeks they are migrating for, had I been able to redo the mission or at least been given a second attempt at the mission, but I've since stopped now, don't see the need to anymore. But if I could kill 1300 in 4 days and migration is 2 weeks, I could of carried on hunting them till I had done the mission 3 times over. Why not be compensated for doing so? I did put in the work afterall.

Why waste MA's time to be doing new missions on other mobs, why waste time adding more hunting missions on other mobs when the ones we have are plenty enough? Re-completing the ones we have would be more than enough, while keeping other mob loots almost untouched by over hunting. Another benefit would be that participants could after completing 1 mission multiple times could select the different various skills available as the reward. Some missions have 3 skills to choose from but can only select 1. Redoing a mission would allow someone to get all 3 rewards if he so choose too or the one he was most fond off getting.

So my suggestions in brief. Allow participants to redo completed missions. Get rid of iron/bronze/gold (if implemented) & let the participants decide what maturity they want to hunt (based on the availability of spawns). That pretty much summaries what I want to say to Kim about the mission system. At least this way a newbie/mid-level player could have the chance of catching up to an uber player with enough time invested in attributes. Well that's plenty from me I'll wait till Kim posts a comment & let every discuss how you feel about such a change/suggestion for calypso's population. I think it would be great personally .

~Mark~
    Last edited by M Rufen Power; 08-18-2011 at 22:58.

2. Sponsored Links
    Does the fact that I could do the merp mission from start to finish in just one day, and could do it every day of the year mean anything to you? I'd be uber after a few months, and unkillable in a few years.
    Loot sucks, then you ATH.

Quote Originally Posted by M Rufen Power View Post
    Another benefit would be that participants could after completing 1 mission multiple times could select the different various skills available as the reward. Some missions have 3 skills to choose from but can only select 1. Redoing a mission would allow someone to get all 3 rewards if he so choose too or the one he was most fond off getting.
    I can agree with this part. After a mission is finished, allow participants to make the mission they want to and how many times they want to do it.

However you wouldn't be able to pick a previously chosen skill reward, it would just disappear. Meaning at the end of the third mission no skill reward would be available.
    Last edited by antonioliveira; 08-19-2011 at 11:11.

Old Alpha
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijacker27 View Post
    Does the fact that I could do the merp mission from start to finish in just one day, and could do it every day of the year mean anything to you? I'd be uber after a few months, and unkillable in a few years.
    maybe... but so would others. unkillable - nope, just harder to kill... means more peds for MA and planet partner as decay costs in armor and fapping increase. Some guns now can kill most avatars in one shot. All those should require at least 10 shots. Make pvp actually be pvp not wallet vs wallet where first shot kills as it is now.

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by antonioliveira View Post
    I can agree with this part. After a mission is finished, allow participants to make the mission they want to and how many times they want to do it.

However you wouldn't be able to pick a previously chosen skill reward, it would just disappear. Meaning at the end of the third mission no skill reward would be available.
    A very good alternative, PP selects skill rewards for any mission. Depending on how many is set for each, player can then do that mission as long as there's a reward to collect from it. I like it +rep & bump this thread! Least it stops Hijacker from being unkillable as he puts it . Would be nice if Kim commented.

Old
    Bump need answer from KIM, CHOW?

Dominant
    I don't think there is any technical problem with it, more a question about the rewards as there appears to be missions on Rocktropia that you can do several times. (Though with reduced rewards... those who made mission first day got attribute gain, rest of us will get 20 Rocktropia Records or something like that.)

I guess for Calypso and the CFA missions would be to add a third stage.
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

Mature
    Subscribing to read this later

Mature
    I think this idea has a lot of potential. Some balancing and readjusting may need to be done. I never really paid attention to how the skill reward systems works, but as I understand it, some missions gives fixed points rewards instead of fixed TT Value rewards (i.e. 1 Point of Psyche or w.e.) I think it would be necessary to see all rewards given in terms of TT Value (or an equivalent measure for attributes) so that the rewards do not becomes more and more significant over time.

One thing I think the game needs to have in some form or another is a way to acquire an indefinite amount of Stamina, as some folks received a "privileged" dose from ROCKtropia Missions, and the suggestion in this thread would be a nice way to implement that as well.

Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneOmega View Post
    One thing I think the game needs to have in some form or another is a way to acquire an indefinite amount of Stamina, as some folks received a "privileged" dose from ROCKtropia Missions, and the suggestion in this thread would be a nice way to implement that as well.
    I once of those who failed to get the chance of +1 stamina on both Rocktropia and NI. :/ For RT it was only one day it was possible, and for RT I was in middle of an event and had to hurry back, and missed the announcement of the change of missions because I didn't follow their forum at that time.
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast