Hatchling

Economical Hunting

Hey, I just wanted to ask if using amps increases the damage/pec, and also, do you find some hours better for hunting?
    I have noticed that when least people are online, I am getting better loots, is it just a coincidence?

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexMoor View Post
    Hey, I just wanted to ask if using amps increases the damage/pec, and also, do you find some hours better for hunting?
    I have noticed that when least people are online, I am getting better loots, is it just a coincidence?
    Answer is yes, and no depending on amp. But for most hunting situations an amp increases dmg/pec.

Check out this page on Entropedia. It will help you to decide what amp to use and also show the effect each choice have on eco vs dmg.

Better loot when "alone"?
    I'd say it's a coincidence even if I have noticed that when alone in an area on a otherwise well hunted mob the amount of "double-globals" I get is increased. If the area is busy, well, mostly just one or none on a regular hunt.

Young
    The human mind is adept at finding patterns, even where there are none.
    Try keeping track of your runs so you get some conclusive proof, then store it in your heart.

Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
    Answer is yes, and no depending on amp. But for most hunting situations an amp increases dmg/pec.

Check out this page on Entropedia. It will help you to decide what amp to use and also show the effect each choice have on eco vs dmg.

Better loot when "alone"?
    I'd say it's a coincidence even if I have noticed that when alone in an area on a otherwise well hunted mob the amount of "double-globals" I get is increased. If the area is busy, well, mostly just one or none on a regular hunt.
    double-globals? Do you mean like getting 2 globals during one hunt?

double-globals? Do you mean like getting 2 globals during one hunt?
    No. On most mobs globals comes in clusters of 2 or 3 and after that there is like 10-15 minutes before the next "batch".
    Usually when you see a global on a mob a few seconds later there is another one. After that is silence for a few minutes and it starts again.

What I mean is that when hunting a popular mob in a low activity time slot the chance of you getting both globals in the batch is possible.
    This doesn't necessarily mean you will get better overall loot. A lot of times I find returns being way to low despite the globals. And if the globals doesn't come to you the chance of you making a really bad hunt is large since mobs tend to give more loot when there is a lot of people hunting.

This theory of mine is totally set aside when there is something like a Mindark event going on. It seems that under Migration, Mayhem etc, no "normal" rules for return is valid.

Old Alpha
    Opalo +a101 is about the cheapest amped type of hunting there is. However, even that is not really too cheap unless you are switching weapons for last kill shot as the amp actually can cause you to create overkill, just as any amp can.

So yes, amps can increase dmg/pec for most stuff, but sometimes can create more decay then what they are helping you save... all depends on the mob, the maturity level, etc.

As far as globals when no one is online, with crafting and I suspect hunting too for me it seems that there are more globals when more folks are online.... now we are in to loot theories...

my theory is that the big spenders feed the little spenders. Level 9 crafters feed the level 1 crafters globals... Scripulor hunters feed the puny mob loots. Test it by watching for when Auktuma is globaling in crafting and try crafting yourself. Test it by hunting when others are globalling in hunting. In my opinion, if there's globals, it's going to hit all at the same time... and yes, there are several minutes (around 20 or so) before the next global will hit, etc.

This big hunter feeding little hunter idea explains why when I hunt puny around Port Atlantis with my viper whip (doing a measly 1.5-5 points of damage) I get explosives, basic target assessment units, and ammo many times right after a global wave hits.

BTAU doesn't happen all the time, but if you do hunt enough of the puny, it does show up on occassion. I am really a longblade crafter, but like the whip since pets will come back in to play eventually, and the puny are full of muscle oil. I need the muscle oil to mix with eye oil to create some of the components needed to go in to rutic slo bp, etc. That makes me a bit more eco then some crafters since I'm hunting my own loot that I'll use to craft with. If you have more then one profession, you might think about doing likewise and finding ways to make your professions work together.
    Last edited by mastermesh; 08-22-2011 at 13:02.