all for the good for entropia right?..
    The greater good!
    Do you ever look out a window, see a bird and wonder,
    Is that bird carrying a global?

2. Sponsored Links
    Mature
    Intresting!
    Nice find AG thx for sharing + rep

Who is runiing the company is important. But the last part of that press release is what pigued my interest....... IPO in 2012 could this mean more cash into the overall company and some may trickle down to Calypso.

Quote Originally Posted by dude View Post
    ...IPO in 2012 could this mean more cash into the overall company and some may trickle down to Calypso.

Mmmmaybe. More shareholders also means more people taking a slice of the pie. It works if the pie gets lots bigger, but if it doesn't...
    Alpha AG Geek \\ Founder- Manticore // VU 7.5 Colonist

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaGeek View Post
    ...and of course you have no curiosity about the replacement of the president of a company we do business with.
    Entitling a post "who the hell is x?" isnt curiosity. It's complaining, as if you actually had some right to know.

You dont have a right to know anything at all. You are not a shareholder. You are a customer. Customers have a choice, and that choice isnt expressed at the corporate level, but at the product level. You can either choose to buy or not to buy. That's the extent of your actual relationship with the company.

Anything else is a feel-good-moment.

In short, if you have consistently deposited over the past year you are a happy customer. Despite what might be voiced on the boards to the contrary. You spend? You're happy.

Personally I couldnt give a damn who this person is. Resume's are impressive, but the question in the back of my mind while hiring anyone with a glowing resume is "If you are so great, why are you looking for a job?"

I'll wait to see what he does.
    Laudanum
    Welcoming new and advanced players!
    Nymphtown Castle
    Aesthetic Arts for your Entropian and Real World home.

So in other words, my first reply to you was completely accurate ano no further comment from you was necessary, especially that part where you try to (erroneously) state a reason for the topic title that I chose (Actually, it was inspired by Buckaroo Banzai, Hanoi Xan in particular. I wouldn't expect you to know who Emilio Lizardo was anyway).

Fine, Magyar. Since you don't give a damn by your own admission, there's no need to you to participate in this thread and nobody is holding a gun to your head to make you type.

Meanwhile the rest of us will be discussing the topic while you go in search of something to make you feel better about yourself.

Back on subject, he does have a track record of company hopping. Has anyone looked for IPO's by those companies that correlate with his tenure, or how these companies did during or after his tenure? It would be interesting to know if this guy typically works to grow a business before an IPO, or if he's an axe man and thins a company out to make the books more attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Magyar View Post
    Entitling a post "who the hell is x?" isnt curiosity. It's complaining, as if you actually had some right to know.

You dont have a right to know anything at all. You are not a shareholder. You are a customer. Customers have a choice, and that choice isnt expressed at the corporate level, but at the product level. You can either choose to buy or not to buy. That's the extent of your actual relationship with the company.

Anything else is a feel-good-moment.

In short, if you have consistently deposited over the past year you are a happy customer. Despite what might be voiced on the boards to the contrary. You spend? You're happy.

Personally I couldnt give a damn who this person is. Resume's are impressive, but the question in the back of my mind while hiring anyone with a glowing resume is "If you are so great, why are you looking for a job?"

I'll wait to see what he does.
    Alpha AG Geek \\ Founder- Manticore // VU 7.5 Colonist

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaGeek View Post

Fine, Magyar. Since you don't give a damn by your own admission, there's no need to you to participate in this thread and nobody is holding a gun to your head to make you type.
    Actually there is a need for me to participate in this thread.

Somebody has to call your pointless and childish whining exactly what it is.

Nothing is worse than a crying child, except perhaps a nerd posting on a messageboard some pointless complaint about his favorite MMORPG.
    Laudanum
    Nymphtown Castle

Old Alpha
    Nothing is worse than a crying child, except perhaps a nerd posting on a messageboard some pointless complaint about his favorite MMORPG.
    lol. What about the nerd asking for upgrades to his virtual castle in his favorite mmorpg in a blog?

Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    lol. What about the nerd asking for upgrades to his virtual castle in his favorite mmorpg in a blog?
    Has the difference between a request regarding something you own and a demand regarding something you merely are a single participant out of tens or hundreds of thousands escaped you, or are you just conveniently ignoring that?

Regardless - the castle blog is a documentary on the path a business takes when that business is in an online game. It's purpose is to be a place where notes can be reviewed as the events happen, and over time changes in attitude and/or productivity can be assessed.
    Laudanum
    Nymphtown Castle

Old Alpha
    Has the difference between a request regarding something you own and a demand regarding something you merely are a single participant out of tens or hundreds of thousands escaped you, or are you just conveniently ignoring that?
    You purchased the castle under the terms of the eula... It specifies that the system is given 'as is'... Yes, I too wish the darn upgrade system was still working, but apparently it's not since that was part of FPCs duties, and since FPC no longer exists, MA doesn't appear to care. Remember, the support system is based on democratic number of votes to make changes, which is sad... and means anyone wanting to upgrade an estate will always be low priority since only one avatar can own any one estate at any one time... so the number of support tickets for that one estate will always be fewer then the number of support tickets for other issues... something that should change, but so far has not.

but anyways, this is way the hell off topic just like your posts in here seem to be

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast