Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    You purchased the castle under the terms of the eula... It specifies that the system is given 'as is'... Yes, I too wish the darn upgrade system was still working, but apparently it's not since that was part of FPCs duties, and since FPC no longer exists, MA doesn't appear to care. Remember, the support system is based on democratic number of votes to make changes, which is sad... and means anyone wanting to upgrade an estate will always be low priority since only one avatar can own any one estate at any one time... so the number of support tickets for that one estate will always be fewer then the number of support tickets for other issues... something that should change, but so far has not.

but anyways, this is way the hell off topic just like your posts in here seem to be
    It takes two to tango. My posts were on topic when they were criticizing AG's attack on MA's staff policies. You and AG may not have appreciated my point of view, but it was still very much on topic.

As I recall (and can read above) you were the one who started talking about my castle. Not me.
    Laudanum
    Welcoming new and advanced players!
    Nymphtown Castle
    Aesthetic Arts for your Entropian and Real World home.

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    Hopefully, you saw my sarcasm...

Seriously, this new guy has had some type of high level input or another at several design firms over the last five years. Curious to know what was so flawed in JWT's grand vision that the board felt was worth swapping him out for the yuppie?
    After spending millions on switching from a working engine to a game missing most of the functions, spending 2 years with broken promises to the players that they're working on it, getting numerous partners to invest and then losing the one willing to spend $6M, no sign of the vast numbers of new players that were promised and a big drop in the amount being deposited by players.

I have no idea why they'd want someone else in charge

Young
    Well, it seems Johan Andinsson is the new CEO of Mindark PE AB.

His profile shows very good skills and experience to help Mindark and Entropia Universe, and push up the company, increasing the end customer base, and planet partners too. I say that, because the guy have not only a vision oriented to pure design (he seems to have a great experience about design too) but also have a great experience in advertising and marketing.

This is the companies where Johan Andisson worked previously:

http://valentin.se/
    http://www.formtech.nu/
    http://www.cliffdesign.com/index1.html
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=48177598292

I think is a very good move from Mindark. And I am very happy with such decision.

Mature
    I wonder if he knows what advertising is?

I think the major problem he is facing is finding a way to attract and KEEP new players, with out this eu will continue to stagnant no matter how many new planets and features are implemented.

I know if I had just stumbled on eu, I would dl and log in, check it out for a day, remark how pretty it is, and how expensive it is to play and most likely never come back. Kinda sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Wyld View Post

I think the major problem he is facing is finding a way to attract and KEEP new players, with out this eu will continue to stagnant no matter how many new planets and features are implemented.

I know if I had just stumbled on eu, I would dl and log in, check it out for a day, remark how pretty it is, and how expensive it is to play and most likely never come back. Kinda sad really.
    This could all be in time with the new update with the new and improved Mentoring system... This might help both attract and keep players!

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by Magyar View Post

Nothing is worse than a crying child, except perhaps a nerd posting on a messageboard some pointless complaint about his favorite MMORPG.
    LMAO. WTF you doing here then? And pointless in your mind doesn't count for anything because your forum posting history clearly depicts both ignorance and douchbaggery.

Now back on topic.... Always interesting to research and speculate. I think opinions, tin-foil hat theories, and predictions are part of what makes this game so fun. The passion to "try and figure it out" started when the loot system was created.

Thanks for the read AG.

Menace

My forum posting history may be perceived as ignorance and douchebaggery, but I assure you that perception is mutual. I think many folks on here whine incessantly, are ridiculously greedy, and lack any sort of vision outside of what might line their own pocketbooks.

That people like that want to criticize me means little to me given where they are coming from.

If my failure to candy coat the truth so the children here can feel better about swallowing it disturbs individuals its not my problem. Last time I checked my forum name was not Hershey or Wonka. Look for your candy somewhere else.

Did I insult your friend? Gee, that sucks. It probably wont be the last time. I think your friend is an asshole. Tough luck.

Sorry, but that's the truth. I have no problem with you, and would appreciate the favor being returned. If not, however.... well, whatever. I wont lose any sleep over it. It wouldnt be the first time I was right and people in this game didnt like me for it.

Need I remind you about the mothership scam, who opposed, and who supported him?

Screw your topic. If folks want to turn this into a personal sounding board, knock yourselves out. It'll make for an entertaining read when I want to turn my focus away from work for a minute or three.
    Last edited by Magyar; 09-08-2011 at 22:41.
    Laudanum
    Welcoming new and advanced players!
    Nymphtown Castle
    Aesthetic Arts for your Entropian and Real World home.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Wyld View Post
    Given his last job was at an ad agency with some client names recognizable on this side of the atlantic, I hope so!

I suspect EU isn't the only MMO with retention problems in this tough economy. The question will be how to attract customers away from other platforms/games.
    Alpha AG Geek \\ Founder- Manticore // VU 7.5 Colonist

Mature
    Nor. I really hope so

Alpha. Time will tell I guess, I do hope it helps

Provider
    So, what happens at MA atm?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast