Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 67
  1. #41
    Mature Oracle's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 02 2010
    Location
    Sheffield, Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim|MindArk View Post
    The shareholders of MindArk PE AB dismissed the entire board and replaced it with a new one chaired by Jan Welter Timkrans.
    But isn't Timkrans a major shareholder in Mindark?

    If so he may only have needed to persuade a few other shareholders to regain control?

    In other words, a battle for power rather than a progressive move?

  2. Sponsored Links
  3. #42
    Guardian
    Joined
    May 15 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    But isn't Timkrans a major shareholder in Mindark?

    If so he may only have needed to persuade a few other shareholders to regain control?

    In other words, a battle for power rather than a progressive move?
    Sounds that way to me too, after all if he was allowed to use the second set of shares that he represents for some bank, he would have had majority, but for whatever reason first time around he wasnt allowed to.

  4. #43
    Alpha wizzszz's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 01 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    572
    Stave, what do you think how big MA is?

    I might be wrong, but from what i understood, MA applied "duality" ever since...
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

  5. #44
    Guardian
    Joined
    May 15 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
    Stave, what do you think how big MA is?

    I might be wrong, but from what i understood, MA applied "duality" ever since...
    According to Linked in they have about 49 employees

  6. #45
    Mature Lee's Avatar
    Joined
    May 13 2011
    Location
    Arkadia
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Stave Petty View Post
    According to Linked in they have about 49 employees

    But they aren't on the board of directors, I think the board was only about 3-4 people. I'm sure Kim can correct me if I'm mistaken.
    "I exist as Sal’diresh, last remaining Knight of the world Arkadia. Hopeless is our chance of survival. Those that remain exist here at Artalia, both final bastion for hope and final despair for the people of Arkadia. Any beings to hear, we ask please. Help us."

  7. #46
    Guardian
    Joined
    May 15 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    274
    As far as i remember, the last summary of the meeting about appointing a charman it was only jan and one other guy who was on the board, the other guy became chairman?


    Which was dated june i think? :S

    May be wrong

  8. #47
    Old Alpha Nor Alien's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 02 2010
    Location
    Constant state of flux!!
    Posts
    856
    Just found out from the web site that Jan is the chairman and John is still the CEO..

    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...05#post2810105

    But as Stave said in the post.. it hasn't been confirmed by Kim, so...

    but it does seem to be this way!!
    Last edited by Nor Alien; 09-23-2011 at 20:30.

  9. #48
    Guardian Magyar's Avatar
    Joined
    May 14 2011
    Location
    Aberdeen, WA
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    But isn't Timkrans a major shareholder in Mindark?

    If so he may only have needed to persuade a few other shareholders to regain control?

    In other words, a battle for power rather than a progressive move?
    Sometimes an exercise in power is needed in order to create progress. If there is a lack of cohesion within the group an exercise in authority can be useful to get the group as a whole back on track, and unified towards a common goal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nor Alien View Post
    Just found out from the web site that Jan is the chairman and John is still the CEO..

    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...05#post2810105

    But as Stave said in the post.. it hasn't been confirmed by Kim, so...

    but it does seem to be this way!!
    This makes sense. The president of a company and CEO should generally not be the same person. The board is an oversight committee designed to ensure that executives are moving to accomplish what the board has decided upon. The president is head of the executive branch of the company, in charge of administering the staff carrying out these decisions and overseeing day to day operation.
    Laudanum
    Welcoming new and advanced players!
    Nymphtown Castle
    Aesthetic Arts for your Entropian and Real World home.

  10. #49
    Old Alpha Nor Alien's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 02 2010
    Location
    Constant state of flux!!
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by Magyar View Post
    Sometimes an exercise in power is needed in order to create progress. If there is a lack of cohesion within the group an exercise in authority can be useful to get the group as a whole back on track, and unified towards a common goal.
    Indeed!

  11. #50
    Guardian
    Joined
    May 15 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Nor Alien View Post
    Just found out from the web site that Jan is the chairman and John is still the CEO..

    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...05#post2810105

    But as Stave said in the post.. it hasn't been confirmed by Kim, so...

    but it does seem to be this way!!


    For the record, if he is still ceo, and jan isnt planning on kicking him any time soon, this could still be good news

    With a bit of luck jan plans on letting johan do what he does best and fix management issues, get eu into a good place with all those things they said hes there to do, and then hand the position back one year on or something. Since that is what he does for a living

 

 
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •