Hatchling

Whats it take to be a pilot?

So I started up Entropia randomly again after being out for a good 6-8 months (I forgot how much I like this game . I think the vehicles and space are absolutely awesome but I have some questions I would want answered before I invest the PED in a space vehicle.

First off (L) vehicles can still be repaired right? If I have my Quad wing destroyed in space I can repair it with the tool and have it back up to full health. Is decay separate from this? Does damage from combat affect decay? If decay is separate what is the decay rate? (just want to make sure I understand this right).

Second If I'm piloting a quad wing what skills determine the effectiveness of my guns (if its skills at all.) How does the combat effectiveness of a pilot get decided period?

Thirdly what is SI? It talks about it in the mother ship tut but I would like to know a little more about how it works.

Lastly, How economic Is Quad wing ownership. If I drop 1000 PED on a ship and I play roughly 10 hours a week (assuming no combat happens) is it gonna cost me another 1000ped per month to fly?

Thanks ahead of time for your guys help.

Silvane

2. Sponsored Links
    L vehicles have two stats, SI and TT values.

The SI or structural integrity is what we repair using the tools, the TT value cannot be raised.

Provided a vehicle has a tt value and spawnable then it can be repaired.

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
    So I started up Entropia randomly again after being out for a good 6-8 months (I forgot how much I like this game . I think the vehicles and space are absolutely awesome but I have some questions I would want answered before I invest the PED in a space vehicle.

First off (L) vehicles can still be repaired right? If I have my Quad wing destroyed in space I can repair it with the tool and have it back up to full health. Is decay separate from this? Does damage from combat affect decay? If decay is separate what is the decay rate? (just want to make sure I understand this right).
    Decay from full TT SI is about 4-6 pecs from full Si to zero.

Second If I'm piloting a quad wing what skills determine the effectiveness of my guns (if its skills at all.) How does the combat effectiveness of a pilot get decided period?
    Skills you need to fly are just for the weapons for the quad, which imo max out pretty quickly given how much damage they do. Check your self out on the stats for a KISMEK laser weapon part for the quad.

Thirdly what is SI? It talks about it in the mother ship tut but I would like to know a little more about how it works.
    SI works like armour does to extend somethings health with the TT being the actual health.

Lastly, How economic Is Quad wing ownership. If I drop 1000 PED on a ship and I play roughly 10 hours a week (assuming no combat happens) is it gonna cost me another 1000ped per month to fly?

Thanks ahead of time for your guys help.

Silvane
    If you encounter/fight no mobs/pk pirates, the quad will literally last forever regardless of how many hours you play, only cost really would be landing on a planet & fuel consumed for flight. But I guess you would have to find out how long the TT of a quad would last if combat did happen, cause it will. But on the plus side is you can do flights for people charging them a set amount that which over time could balance out your initial costs. You might need a thruster, not sure if quad needs one though but vtol does.

Hatchling
    Hey thanks a bunch guys. That was exactly what i was looking for. I'm sooooo excited to get one of these

Quad needs thruster aswell for space

Mature
    if you might want to join a soc that is space & planet minded ?
    The Dutch East India Company is looking for people.

its a new soc that I created.

best regards , Qs