Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I don't think any player is capable of killing a planet. When something is able to kill a planet, then it's the missing self sustaining economy a planet brings ( or not in this case ).

Beside that my understanding is she's writing stories for Cyrene's storyline and when we see all planets in comparison we can clearly deduct, storyline is not a vital part of how successfull a planet is. The playerbase moves where the best chances of profit / losing less peds by gathering markups is ( in short where economy dictates to be there ).

Anyway i can't share your opinion about MS9, especially the part where you postulate she basically killed NI for the mentioned reasons.

In addition it is none of our business to decide which person is hired by a company ( PP in this case ) in order to get a certain job done. It's up to the company.

2. Sponsored Links
    Guardian
    It's not our decision no, but were allowed to have our own opinion on it

And that's all I care to achieve here, express my opinion, what happens from here in regards to cyrene is completely up to the people who run that planet. Whatever direction they decide to take, I wish them the best and hope they succeed.

And for the platforms sake, as much as I doubt from what I've seen and personally experienced, I hope I'm wrong with what I think will ultimately go down as a result of their decision in question.

I do not believe MS9's influence brought down NI, but the episode did lower my opinion of her greatly.

It is true she attacked NI when it launched... "shocked" that ND had his own island there. She didnt know ND was going to have an Island on NI?! Even I knew that, I thought it was common knowledge! (In fact I think I read it in one of her articles).

I am glad she has been hired by Cyrene, perhaps now she will be more impartial, and civilized in her arguments, as someone so highly regarded in the community should be.
    Last edited by dilly; 09-12-2011 at 09:43.

Strong words, but I read them before and they seem to have changed, as has the title of the thread?

Also it seems weird to me, why you would not voice your concerns in the original thread on entropiaplanets. Your approach looks a bit "going behind someone's back"
    Last edited by Spawn; 09-12-2011 at 14:09.

I agree MS9 can be very domineering, and definitely is a manipulative personality, but I dont think she destroyed Next Island.

Next Island destroyed Next Island, with poor planning being the cornerstone of the problem with the product. After 2 years of construction all they had was a small array of animals (different maturities dont count as new mobs), no quests, no time travel destinations, no blueprints, no unique items (aside from a bunch of loot with no apparent purpose).

What MS9 did had little to do with Next Island. She did however attempt to destroy the Neverdie brand through a personal witch hunt. Dispute the intentions of said witch hunt all folks like. Regardless of why it happened, it did happen, and she was the center of it.

I dont think she's a nice person. Self centered would be the nicest words I could use to describe her.
    Laudanum
    Welcoming new and advanced players!
    Nymphtown Castle
    Aesthetic Arts for your Entropian and Real World home.

Guardian
    The title changed as both I and jc agreed it would be better if it were to be un deleted. As far as im aware I'm the only one that has made any changes to it, and that was while i was writing to make my point clearer.

I didn't post on ep for 2 reasons, for a reason I won't post here I don't care to have an account there, and even if I did have a account there I would avoid posting such strong words in there as that thread is intended as a nice announcement. Such strong opposing feelings would only spoil the thread and take discussion away from its whole point. It would also be seen more as a personal attack that way which isn't my intention.

I just wanted to say my bit and then let this independant thread die and dissapear into the forums public archives without interupting the announcement threads.
    Last edited by Stave Petty; 09-12-2011 at 15:17.

Stave,

To me your pointing the finger at MS9 feels a lot like pointing a finger at a policeman for putting someone away.

Even if she is guilty of everything you say, she would have singlehandedly brought a rule-breaker to justice, stopping ND from doing things which fairly clearly are destructive to EU as a whole.

Why would a planet whose owner is breaking the rules, being allowed to continue unabated, be a good thing?

MS9's appointment as someone who's prepared to stand up for what's right, is a good thing for Entropia.

Quote Originally Posted by TimUnleashed View Post
    Stave,

To me your pointing the finger at MS9 feels a lot like pointing a finger at a policeman for putting someone away.

Even if she is guilty of everything you say, she would have singlehandedly brought a rule-breaker to justice, stopping ND from doing things which fairly clearly are destructive to EU as a whole.

Why would a planet whose owner is breaking the rules, being allowed to continue unabated, be a good thing?

MS9's appointment as someone who's prepared to stand up for what's right, is a good thing for Entropia.
    She's only prepared to stand up for what's right if it serves her interests in doing so. When other players are being bullied and harassed in-game by others, where is she and where are her articles standing up for those who have not found their own voice, and where's her precious regard for the EULA then?

A person who is prepared to stand up for whats right doesn't pick and choose when to do it. They do it consistently, and without regard for where their own popularity may go as a result. Those who pick and choose their battles are opportunists, looking to carry out an action because of potential political and personal gain that might result from said action.
    Laudanum
    Nymphtown Castle

Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaGeek View Post
    Interesting opinion.

I do not share it.

AG
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharm View Post
    Stave you're a friend of mine and even though you're entitled to have your own opinion I am disappointed by the fact you express it on the forum (again). MS9 is a nice person imo too (like yourself) that has spent plenty of time for the communities benefit (just like yourself). I think you should have this thread removed as noone will be better off with this thread around. Why not settle personal issues privately instead...

I can't agree with the post at all. We need some people to look at things in a cautious way...
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Quote Originally Posted by Archman View Post
    Stave I am posting my opinion just like you.

The only potentionally fatal error made was you making this thread.

All this has done is lower my opinion of you.
    What they said. on another note it's sad to see how some people, even in adulthood, can't put their personal differences apart even years after certain events took place.

Quote Originally Posted by Stave Petty View Post
    Like it or lump it, this is what i think and i have decided to excercise my right to express my opinion at this moment in time. But dont worry, i dont intend to keep banging on about it, just this once then ill be getting on with my life

No use in going on and on endlessly is there...
    We are all entitled to our own opinions, that beeing said, having an opinion doesn't make you right all the time and doesn't mean you should always share them publically.

If you really don't want to go on with the issue, then realise what you have said is completely uncalled for and remove your comments. Prove to us that the " Petty " in your name is a tribute to a great artist, and not a trait of your character.

Quote Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
    If you really don't want to go on with the issue, then realise what you have said is completely uncalled for and remove your comments.
    Why's the removal of the comments necessary? If he doesn't want to go on then he can just stop replying. There's nothing morally correct about adding a censorship clause as part of any arbitrary terms of redemption.
    Laudanum
    Nymphtown Castle

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast