Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Unhappy Shinobi RL Avatar Broken

On thursday 01-09 at 10H15, whilst working as a electricien on top of a rolling scaffold on wheels and 2 m high, I sustained a terrible injury. As i decended the scaffold from the side, it tipped over and as I hit the ground, my left-leg was between two of the alliminium bars, thus sustained a shattering break in three places. My leg was 90 degrees sideways and the pain was excruciating. The police were first and stabalized me as I lay squirming till the ambulance arrived. They immediatelly injected me with Ketamine and carefully cut my clothes and shoe away before transporting me to Hospital.

That evening I was in the OR. Came out with catheter and Morfine pump connected to my IV. O Boy this was a painfull experience and still is. i lay in Hospital for a week and am at home now. Still on very strong meds and leg held together with plates and screws and poly-cast. Not allowed to move at all exept for defecating and shower, using cruches to do so.

Today I recieved a phonecall from my lawyer who specializes in work related injuries. It may take months but assuredlly Katching!!! Dont mind cos i am down for a very long time also. I know what I am gonna do with the munay. My dream is to return to South Africa, buy a house and flip it into a classy Backpackers resort.

I know that I am not the most loved person by Mindark or the forums community. But I still have many active freinds in the game. So I thought it would be decent of me to let you know what happened. Also those who hate me in the community may just be happy and extatic about the accident that happened to me. To you I say enjoy, especially MA - Staff.

Now that i am on my back and flat for a very long time missing the game and gaming is hitting me hard cos thats all I can do if I can yet cant lol. O well, I miss the game and I miss you all. once a collonist always a collonist. Having taken part in interdimensional deepspace collonization and exploration in the Entropia galaxy, Earth just aint the same to me and it stays with you forever.
    Last edited by Shinobi; 09-13-2011 at 16:25.

2. Sponsored Links
    Young
    ouch... a very big OUCH!!!

hang in there! =)

J.
    Higdon's Law: Good judgement comes from experience.
    Experience comes from bad judgement.

Pics 3 & 4 must be after the morphine.

Count your blessings. Had that been your upper leg, the break may have taken the femoral artery with it and there'd have been a good chance that you wouldn't be having this conversation.

Speedy recovery to you, sir.

AG
    Alpha AG Geek \\ Founder- Manticore // VU 7.5 Colonist

Mature
    Ouch :s

That Backpackers/Afrika-dream sounds nice ! Probably much more exiting exploring there than ingame (both for visitors and yourself as it is an adventure no doubt), so start planning or writing out ideas and such for that dream ?

Pace e bene : )

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tatao View Post
    Ouch :s

That Backpackers/Afrika-dream sounds nice ! Probably much more exiting exploring there than ingame (both for visitors and yourself as it is an adventure no doubt), so start planning or writing out ideas and such for that dream ?

Pace e bene : )
    Thanx for your well wishes freinds, you warm my heart. Tatao, Ive already explored Africa. As a very young man I travelled with a tent and camping gear all over South Africa working in restaurants and camping in caravan parks and camping grounds. Every town in that country has one. Then in 94 I walked across the Continent of Africa alone with full gear in 4 months time. From Cape-Town, Namibia, Botswanna, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda, Zaire, Uganda and Kenia. Couldnt get through Eritrea, Somalia and Sudan due to serious war and danger factor. Two pilots in a Cesna gave me a lift back South.

At my return after that adventure my Stephfather gave me a nickname, "Walk & See-More" LOL I have already put my plans on paper and I intend to call the Lodge Walk & Seemore Backpackers Lodge.

So when I started in the old days in Project Entropia as Shinobi, I took to the game like fish to water. Had this thing for TP runs, fruiting and exploring Calypso at the time. The game requires a adventurous spirit. For me earth became too small so I went Universal.
    Last edited by Shinobi; 09-12-2011 at 14:19.

That doesn't sounds good at all.

Hope you get well fast without remaining issues from that injury.

Take it easy, relax and just get well.

Not critical. Critical condition = not smiling and taking photos.

Get well.
    Laudanum
    Welcoming new and advanced players!
    Nymphtown Castle
    Aesthetic Arts for your Entropian and Real World home.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Magyar View Post
    Not critical. Critical condition = not smiling and taking photos.

Get well.
    Painfull condition + Screws and plates + Strong meds = a wee bit dramatization.

Not happy with stuck in my bed and not bein able to move. It blows.

I took that pic in my hospital room with my laptop and forced the smile

As the meds wear out and pain increases with my ugly mug I wont muster a smile or be able to click the mouse for a pic. Magyar- its easy to critisize when you may not have had the same exp in your walk of life. If u havent been there how would you know?
    But lets look at critical. I was in a critical state when in hospital and for a bit also ran a high fever. Not knowing how this realy ugly splintered break heals eventually, the time spent recouperating might also be considdered critical.

Critical cos trombosis can also occur, even though I inject myself daily against it. Critical cos I am bored outa my mind and depressed just lyin here and no EU to keep me ocupied.

Knowing you, you would rub it in my face with sayin its my own fault and all that, true, but dont bother. And Magyar....Thanx for the well wishing. Youre ok.

O ye damn accident happened soon after my 41st B-day on 23 August, go figure
    Last edited by Shinobi; 09-12-2011 at 17:39.

Hatchling
    get well m8

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
    get well m8
    Cheers bru

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast