Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Hatchling
    I don't think the issue is necessarily that space is PVP, it's that it's lootable PVP. Why not make the most direct routes between planets lootable and the longer indirect routes non-lootable? That way players can choose to weigh up the benefits of saving time and fuel costs flying a shorter route against the risks of flying through lootable space.
    Last edited by Xulfer; 09-18-2011 at 14:29. Reason: typo

2. Sponsored Links
    Mature
    There are no problem... Its cheaper and as safe as the tp now...

Pilots are doing a good jobb

Hatchling
    I am providing a service for this:

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...99#post2803299

prices for Calypso station are lower than between planet-planet, contact me for reservation and prices.

Hmmmm..

Why do I get this feeling Foma and CP's lease just ran out..or.. "Non Compete" contract time is up?...

Hatchling
    Two things:
    1) of course it should have mentioned in the release note. it is small, but massive change for a lot of players.
    2) perhaps the intention is to push the business of Motherships and Privateers. At least a Mothership with enhanced SI is hard to kill, at least for one Quad. So MS and Privateer onwers can find a business they asked for since the introduction of space. Pirates have to work in teams to bring down big ships. MA already took this into account by changing the rules looting passengers of a MS.

Definetly point 1 sucks, and I have to say it is typical MA. But point 2 seems logical for me taking into account the last developments. Again new chances for some, of course bad for some others. How it will influence the economy, we will see.

If thats the case MA is forcing the players down a particular path rather than allowing it develop as the players want.

You can only do this so many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfer View Post
    I don't think the issue is necessarily that space is PVP, it's that it's lootable PVP. Why not make the most direct routes between planets lootable and the longer indirect routes non-lootable? That way players can choose to weigh up the benefits of saving time and fuel costs flying a shorter route against the risks of flying through lootable space.
    You can always make it more worth it to fly the long indirect route...especially when it comes to massive amounts of resources a trader might be carrying....Fuel isn't costly enough yet...I say if this would happen raise the price of oil or whatever fuel it should take....maybe add some other new enmatter as a super expensive fuel for this route...

Old
    At the moment there is a risk free way to return from FOMA with stackables, i refuse to do it though as to me seems like "cheating". I have asked support about this and here on ask mindark for kim to clarify ruling on but as yet no clear answer....

Basically if you log off on a mothership at say FOMA, if you log back on 20 minutes later you will be where the mothership has travelled to - absolutely zero risk and making a total mockery of lootable pvp.

So to clarify - log off "disconnect" on a mothership/privateer and you will travel while being logged off.

Of course people will risk a lock for doing so but so many are doing it i guess it is ok?

Kim?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345