Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

my gold card quit working

hello guys,

i am having issues with my GC reader quit working after i crash eu when i was going input the card no number nor error number on gc reader after insert it card to the reader sio i made support ticket on not to sure what to do
    i was going get someone to pick from foma to calypso, when i tp to the foma then crash out. since i relogin but cant get pass security code
    i am stuck wo gc

2. Sponsored Links
    Old
    It's quite possible that either your batteries have died or the contacts or card are dirty.

Try replacing the batteries, cleaning the contacts, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Coz1969 View Post
    It's quite possible that either your batteries have died or the contacts or card are dirty.

what kind of batteries it need

you need order new GC reader via support
    and you need have 100 ped on pedcard for it
    it takes 4 days atlest for my (europe) whit standart
    you can pay more and receive it faster

and its good to order one more ,to have once for such occasion

this gave my support when i ask ..
    Hi,

If your card reader is no longer working you need to purchase a new one from the website. You are welcome to send us the broken reader now or, if you so wish, when you have received the new one. As soon as we receive the faulty reader we will credit your PED card with a refund of the purchase price. If the item is proven to be malfunctioning you will also get a refund of the regular mail shipment costs.

Our address is:

MindArk PE AB
    Support Department
    Järntorget 8
    SE-41304 Göteborg
    SWEDEN

Please mark the letter with this support case number.

Kind regards,
    Laura | Planet Calypso Support

hope it helps

oh dear i dont have that 100ped in my account
    i had once had yesterday, but i havent seen that at all this coming

I had a similar issue. Turned out my gold card itself was broken, reader was fine. The cards can be destroyed if they are next to a device that generates a magnetic field, such as a cell phone. My card ended up needing to be replaced.
    Laudanum
    Welcoming new and advanced players!
    Nymphtown Castle
    Aesthetic Arts for your Entropian and Real World home.

Quote Originally Posted by Magyar View Post
    I had a similar issue. Turned out my gold card itself was broken, reader was fine. The cards can be destroyed if they are next to a device that generates a magnetic field, such as a cell phone. My card ended up needing to be replaced.
    hmm my card wasnt near to anything, hmm i press button on gc it working then soo do thing card it self broken
    while i hold button it it display all wierd number and such
    soo u thibnk card it self is gone?

press bottton of gc read it read the card but wont stay on for to let me let to enter in
    Last edited by andsim; 10-02-2011 at 05:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Coz1969 View Post

Yes try this first!

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...reader+battery

This will show you how to replace your batteries. For cleaning your card, I would find someone or someplace that sells a cleaner for camera lens or eyeglasses. The cleaner for the camera lens is a high quality cleaner that will dry fast and leave no residues behind. After you try all this, and it still doesn't work, you may have to then order a new reader or card.. or both..

If it does work but now your code is out of sync, you will have to get support to reset your code for you, but this is after you see if the above solution fixes it first.

Hope this helps!!

Quote Originally Posted by Magyar View Post
    Smart Cards, like the gold card, have a little chip inside, a very basic processor if you will.

Chips can be destroyed by magnetic fields, but they have to be very strong, strong enough to induce enough current to melt (!) the chips little structures.

Even static electricity has a higher chance to destroy chips, but the chip on a smart card is not as prone to this as higher developed chips.

What you have (very likely) done to kill you chip was bending the card so one of the little chip legs that keep contact to the small metal plates on the surface got torn off - or you have put topo much weight on the card, which can have the same effect.

But please let's not start a "omg, where do i have to store my GC, cellphones, loudspeakers (yes, they all have static magnets) everywhere!!!"
    hype here, just because support told someone bullcrap once again...
    Last edited by wizzszz; 10-02-2011 at 19:11.
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

ok i am able press second button and get code..
    i cant hold that long soo is that card reader infected?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast