Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hatchling

i cant find any instructions, please help

hello everybody im newborn and desperately need some help. i cant find any instructions about space and have 3 major problems. could someone please take a minute to help me out, i get the impression newbies have to learn from other players, not from "ma" as you say here.

1=how do i land my vtol on the calypso space station, i circled around it and even landed on it but nothing happend? is there a special entry point that i couldnt see?

2=when i couldnt dock i started to fly towards the big planet as i thought it might be calypso, but nothing seemed to happen there either. was i on the right way but not patient enough?

3=how do you fly from one planet to another, the map is just black with a blue circle around the space station. how do you find your way?

i really would appreciate some help, im not in any society but i hope that isnt necessary. i started with space as im an absolute freak about everything connected to space and space travel. thank you and hope to see you in the dark

2. Sponsored Links
    Dominant
    [quote=anna;2580867]hello everybody im newborn and desperately need some help. i cant find any instructions about space and have 3 major problems. could someone please take a minute to help me out, i get the impression newbies have to learn from other players, not from "ma" as you say here.
    Quote Originally Posted by anna View Post
    1=how do i land my vtol on the calypso space station, i circled around it and even landed on it but nothing happend? is there a special entry point that i couldnt see?
    Look for a blue, shiny "hole" (ship docking entrance) and fly through it.

If you can't find the blue hole, you can try "T:ing" (pressing T and wait the countdown). (Note that if you are on a guest list on a mothership there is a risk you'll arrive on the mothership instead of calypso space station, but if you T close to the space station you'll most likely then to get to a "docked" mothership, and then you can use the teleporter on the mothership to get to the space station.)

2=when i couldnt dock i started to fly towards the big planet as i thought it might be calypso, but nothing seemed to happen there either. was i on the right way but not patient enough?
    You may want to press "P" (pos) a couple of times to see your position to ensure you're moving forward (sometimes it can be hard to see if engines are on or off). Note that with the change of space, travel takes longer time than before so flying from space station down to planet do take some time, and if flying down to Calypso you're likely to meet "pirates", especially if you fly the shortest way.

After the change, I think most people just bite the sour apple and use the pay teleporter in the space station to get down, but if you have the time and you want adventure you could save a couple of PEDs by flying.

3=how do you fly from one planet to another, the map is just black with a blue circle around the space station. how do you find your way?
    First, unless you have done it, turn on all map options. (Teleporters, Cities, Home, Areas). With "homes" turned on you'll see motherships (if any) you are listed on, and with "cities" you'll see where the space stations are.

Secondly (since I guess you have cities turned on already), if you only see Calypso space staion then zoom out the map so you see entire space with all planets.
    (If you have zoomed out space so you see 4 planets but only Calypso space station and no other space station then MA has changed someting...)

i really would appreciate some help, im not in any society but i hope that isnt necessary. i started with space as im an absolute freak about everything connected to space and space travel. thank you and hope to see you in the dark
    First note that space is lootable. Don't bring any stackables (like hunting loots, minerals, sweat, components) with you unless you know the risk.

Then, there are options also not flying around by yourself. Some options for you you might want to try out is to join a mothership for repair skilling (you need vehicle repair kit and welding wires for vehicle repairs).

If you just want to travel fast to another planet and not spend hour(s) going between planets, for instance between Calypso and Arkadia/Next Island/Rocktropia, you might want to look for ships with "warp drive".

If you do want to bring stackables between planets, ask the mothership owner if he has increased the "SI" (structural integrity) of the ship. A mothership with lots of SI (say 7000-10000) and a big repair crew takes a lot of ammo PEDs and time to bring down.
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

Hatchling
    big thanks

Old
    You can also set waypoints on the map to help in navigating. Open the map and then right click on your desired destination and select Set Waypoint. Once you do this you will see a marker on the map as well as in Space itself. Just fly toward the marker to get where you want to go. Another nice benefit is the distance to your destination is displayed under the marker. As mentioned previously, space in now huge and it can take hours to fly between planets depending on if in Sleipnir or Quad. A mothership or privateer with warp drive can get you there in minutes.

Good luck and be careful, as aia has mentioned, most of Space is lootable pvp except within the blue circles around stations. Also, it is 3-D so even if you look at the map and seem to be within a blue safe zone, check the pvp indicator, because you could be above or below the safe area.

Hatchling
    thanks for the map marker info

I don't think you need to dock to SS by flying.
    Why you need to do that? just from curiosity?

Anyway the simplest method to visit SS it is to jump out of your ship/or logoff while in space, you are going to end at revival terminal of SS.
    No needs for entrance ....ever

Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jean Ruby View Post
    ah I read sloppily as usually :lol:

Well there still is a use to go to space station: If you want to board a privateer that's leaving at a later time (or if you are the owner of the privateer/mothership).

For flying up to a mothership you need to, if you aren't on the guestlist and you want to try the "request to be added" feature. Or, if you're going afk and you're likely to miss the summons.

The third option is for touristic purposes. You or your passenger just wants to try out space and you're considering using the pay teleporter to get down.

As for leaving ship: You can't leave ship while in space. And "T" is nowdays nerfed while in a vehicle. Relogging works though - unless if space is bugged (then you'll get stuck).
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

Dominant
    Why you need to do that? just from curiosity?
    Besides the reasons Aia gave, you might also want to visit the space station to access the trade terminal to get more ammo or dump stackables that you accidentally brought to space or looted from space mobs or pirates. You can also meet other players there to do trades or pick up stuck newbies who didn't bring a repair tool. It's not safe to go afk in the "safe zone" (ironic isn't it) since a pirate could push your ship out of the safe zone and kill you. To go afk, head to the station. Space is not as stable as planet servers so I don't recommend logging out in space to get to revives, it's better to fly into the station. At times it's good to relog in space once you've left the planet, you should do this inside a station (again, the intermittent revive bug issue). Sometimes your space thruster reaches minimum condition on the flight up or you don't have enough fuel in your quad, these are two other reasons to fly into the station.

I should also mention that since this thread was necroed, you can no longer use T in a vehicle.

C'mon
    I don't read any serious reasons to... self fly to SS
    Sorry Neil, I thought you are experienced player.
    realy?... carrying stackables to SS? trade with others to SS?
    You do that a lot?
    well, cheer up pirates,
    now I know why they still out there!!!!
    they have reasons of excistence!

Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jean Ruby View Post
    C'mon
    I don't read any serious reasons to... self fly to SS
    Sorry Neil, I thought you are experienced player.
    realy?... carrying stackables to SS? trade with others to SS?
    You do that a lot?
    well, cheer up pirates,
    now I know why they still out there!!!!
    they have reasons of excistence!
    Yes I carry stackables to space all the time, I occasionally trade people at space stations, I frequently need to buy ammo or dump loot, or fly in to TP to a ship that I can't locate in the debris around Caly station. BTW, I have not been looted in space for a VERY long time, maybe a total of 4 times for small amounts since the release of space, mostly during the weeks before I bought a quad, back when quads were over 2k ped (starting to forget how being looted feels!).

I do not understand why you are opposed to flying into a space station. It's like saying there's no need to use the door of your house because you always leave the window open. Why not just fly in when you need to?

Just like crawling thru a window, using a relog to get you into the station can get you stuck when the servers are acting up... not so good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast