Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Young
    Joined
    Feb 24 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    16

    MA whos stalking the shelves?

    Ive been waiting a couple weeks for the opportunity to buy myself a new harness (Infiltrator) but Auction has been dry for a few weeks now and yes i even spent the time looking through shops trying to find an over priced one.
    I also noticed the same situation going on with female harness's like hermes tiger infiltrator the upper class L armors are nowhere to be found.
    Now i dont know about other players but i wont settle for something i dont want so ill wait till i get what i need and that means im not "depositing" or spending ped .MA if im not depositing your not making money! I could understand unlimited topline armor being rare but never thought L would end up being so rare as well ?
    Question:WHO/what business opens a store and then doesnt supply its customers with what they want or need ?
    Answer: One that doesnt stay open for very long or struggles to make a profit.
    If we cant find what we need we go and do something else WE GO AND DO SOMETHING ELSE

  2. Sponsored Links
  3. #2
    Old Alpha
    Joined
    Nov 08 2010
    Posts
    732
    looted (L) armor... enough said... it's a bit rare, and when it does hit the auction it usually gets bought out fast. I think the types of armor you are talking about is used by a lot of folks that own shop keepers to play dress up barbie and ken with the sks, so you might look around to see if the armor you are after is on a manniquin or sk somewhere, and get a hold of the estate owner.

    Another alternative is look for crafted alternatives with similar level of protection. The SFE guys usually can meet your needs for crafted armor for a fairly descent price.

  4. #3
    Moderator
    Joined
    May 13 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    580
    Infiltrator is a crafted armor, tho afaik it's an L bp.

    I'm not sure who holds a bp atm, but you could probably start by asking Auktuma or the guys at Southern Fortress Engineering.

    Given the cost to clik, my guess is that it's more likely to be crafted on-demand, than just on the off-chance that it will sell in auction that week.

  5. #4
    Provider New York Rose's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 17 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    167
    Serica have you tried posting that your buying/looking for one on all forums maybe? Good Luck.. I will keep my eyes open for you on the shop mannequins also.

  6. #5
    Moderator
    Joined
    May 13 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Rose View Post
    Serica have you tried posting that your buying/looking for one on all forums maybe? Good Luck.. I will keep my eyes open for you on the shop mannequins also.
    Thanks for that Rose, but maybe let Naithen (the OP) know, not me

  7. #6
    Provider New York Rose's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 17 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Serica View Post
    Thanks for that Rose, but maybe let Naithen (the OP) know, not me
    Oops Sorry..Naithan I will keep an eye open for your armor..But post that you need/looking might help. More coffee before I read posts. LOL!

  8. #7
    Young
    Joined
    Feb 24 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    16
    Thanks for the help in keeping your eyes open its appreciated.BUT MA should be the ones monitoring whats available and what isnt! If crafters cant keep up with supply and demand then MA should be dropping more in loot or increase drop rates so the armor is in better supply.The same thing is happening with higher level L weapons , crafters will only release 1 weapon at a time so they can charge full markup.Dante amp is a great example of a distribution system that doesnt work, the price is so over inflated because the bp owner has no competition.This "system" isnt working if players cant buy what they need for months.Or the price is just stupid.

  9. #8
    Old Alpha
    Joined
    Nov 08 2010
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by Naithen View Post
    Thanks for the help in keeping your eyes open its appreciated.BUT MA should be the ones monitoring whats available and what isnt! If crafters cant keep up with supply and demand then MA should be dropping more in loot or increase drop rates so the armor is in better supply.The same thing is happening with higher level L weapons , crafters will only release 1 weapon at a time so they can charge full markup.Dante amp is a great example of a distribution system that doesnt work, the price is so over inflated because the bp owner has no competition.This "system" isnt working if players cant buy what they need for months.Or the price is just stupid.
    The issue here is that ALL items in game have artificial markup levels, which is by design. MA guarantees TT value and nothing else... If MA takes your advice down the slippery slope, they'd have to offer every item in game in the TT...

  10. #9
    Mature Peez's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 07 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Naithen View Post
    If we cant find what we need we go and do something else WE GO AND DO SOMETHING ELSE

    In this, only a fool would argue with you. But it is not so much shopowners to blame as the lack of customers.. if they had a good supply of those, they would stock up.

    Think customer-base. BTW, use words not emoticons, they are best


    oops, did one myself.

  11. #10
    Young TimUnleashed's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 03 2010
    Posts
    18
    Thank you mastermesh and Serica for mentioning SFE.

    Naithen, unfortunately we can't help at the moment with Infiltrator. My understanding of these things is that the Blueprints drop ridiculously rarely, and I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't dropping at all at the moment.

    My best guess at loot pool theory or whatever, is that "enough" Infiltrator has probably already dropped, and [assuming number of players (or some other measure of player base activity level?) has remained constant] there probably won't be much more until the existing Infiltrator is used up. But that truly is a guess.

    If I'm right, then I think the only way it could be resolved is for the number of players/player activity to grow, or for the balance to be adjusted (eg Kim pulls the Infiltrator level?).

    SFE has had ongoing queries for a long time with seeming imbalances like this. There seems no rhyme or reason, for example, why there are some normal, low level armour suits that we cannot sell Foot Guards for (and yet I have looted more Phantom Foot Guards clicks than I can poke a stick at). I sent Kim a message on this and a few other "bugs" on the 5th September and still await an answer.

    Good luck in your search

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •