Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Old

I think, this is as good as it gets.

I am sitting with my own thoughts, and wondering what keeps me in game.
    I used to have such grand hopes, and with MindArks = MA vision, or concept idea, things for a while looked good, I often set focus on the game and its system, simply I have a much more advanced yet simple idea.
    When I look at MAís idea of a virtual universe, and focus on the details about the system, I usually come to the conclusion that the system or game in general suffers from a lot of errors.
    Lets take a quick look at what Iíve come up with so far:
    In a universe where the economy for the individual player is lacking and prices kept low, there is a need for a new type of merchant value, also traders will have to be gone, if the universe is to survive financially spoken on behalf of the players. A system that offers great jackpots, is a system that deals with supply and demand. Lets just say that what a great ATH = All Time High jackpot gains for one player, pushes the next player, and prices are set in motion by big winners, making it even harder and harder for the little guy, eventually weíre talking merchant value being the same as TT = Trade Terminal value.
    The players economy has still got to see some improvements in this area before the universe wonít suffer a devastating economical blow on the player bases behalf. This is MAís responsibility, yet not even after several years do they see the errors of there own system, I think it is inadequate and irresponsible of MA.

Another issue that needs to be addressed, is the masses of low lvl merchandise, this stuff seems to be everywhere, yet impossible to make a dime on. Why did MA create useless armors for instance?
    They protect against nothing and they simply earn the users and crafters no money on startup.
    It is sad to see such mass of useless items sold by the thousands yet without giving the users a fair chance of business, why hasnít MA insured a quality frame for business interaction yet?
    It would seem that the only way of managing money making inside the universe is to buy up cheap one day, and sell expensive the next day, as so many traders do it at Twin Peakes. So all in all, the traders make sure to destroy the economy while the auction seems more and more expensive to make use off.

The auction isnít what it was supposed to be either, it does not recommend an estimated price for wares sold, nor is it able to handle cents, it costs a fortune to make use of, in general it sucks big time. All these things ought to become improved over time, but yet, no change is found within the universe.
    With such a bad frame for interaction I still find easy to explain why so many people leave PEU = Project Entropia Universe. And for those of you that are still hanging on to the winds of change, I think weíre all in for a long desert walk guys, cause no change has been seen for more than 9 years, and I am starting to think that they never will, simply MA finds it to be to much trouble for something they wonít earn an easy buck on.

Sincerely The NN.

2. Sponsored Links
    Old
    So, I have a question for you....

Does NN stand for Negative Nellie? Seriously, m8... all you do is piss and moan about how you cannot make armor that you want, cannot trade the way you want, can't sell shit for high MU, etc.

EU HAS seen many changes, improvements, etc just in the 3 1/2 years that I have been playing. If you cannot see that, and are so completely unhappy with the way EU is progressing, then STOP PLAYING!

I have come to realize that the people who are going to make money from his game are those who invested lots of cash on property... the rest of us, well, if we are lucky, yeah.

I play this game because I enjoy it. If you don't enjoy EU, and are just in it to try to make money, then perhaps you need to find something different... a job at McDonald's, perhaps.

As far as economy goes, that is player driven. Can't sell shit on Caly? Transport it to another planet.. good for instance are texture extractors on Arkadia. They rarely drop... can't seem to find basic leather extractors at all, so MV of these are relatively high compared to Caly.

Yes, MA controls item drops... but players control MV... supply and demand, just like in the realworld. No, I cannot sell 100 ped of animal eye oil for any profit to speak of... but yanno, I bet I can make a bit of a profit for 1000 ped eye oil.

The reality of it is this...

You want to vent... I get that. Seems you probably only vent when you are in a "down cycle", but as you don't post your avatar name, I can only speculate. Could be that your avatar hit 5 10k+ ubers, and now you are only getting globals, and wanna cry in your soup.

Whatever it is, dude, stfu and either find a new game, or realize that EU IS game, not a means to support yourself irl.

Old Alpha
    , nor is it able to handle cents,
    true, auction doesn't do cents, but it shouldn't do cents... Actually, it allows start bids at TT prices, or below that, which it also probably should not do...

BUT... shops DO handle cents. If you want to really be selling stuff on the cents level, perhaps you should buy a shop. There's quite a few on the auction regularly these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Coz1969 View Post
    So, I have a question for you....

Does NN stand for Negative Nellie? Seriously, m8... all you do is piss and moan about how you cannot make armor that you want, cannot trade the way you want, can't sell shit for high MU, etc.

EU HAS seen many changes, improvements, etc just in the 3 1/2 years that I have been playing. If you cannot see that, and are so completely unhappy with the way EU is progressing, then STOP PLAYING!

I have come to realize that the people who are going to make money from his game are those who invested lots of cash on property... the rest of us, well, if we are lucky, yeah.

I play this game because I enjoy it. If you don't enjoy EU, and are just in it to try to make money, then perhaps you need to find something different... a job at McDonald's, perhaps.

The reality of it is this...

You want to vent... I get that. Seems you probably only vent when you are in a "down cycle", but as you don't post your avatar name, I can only speculate. Could be that your avatar hit 5 10k+ ubers, and now you are only getting globals, and wanna cry in your soup.

Whatever it is, dude, stfu and either find a new game, or realize that EU IS game, not a means to support yourself irl.
    Well said...

Ah, yes. Another post by nocturnal navigator.
    Dare I call it a nocturnal emission?

Wasn't he banned?

Posted via Mobile Device

Mature
    the business stratergy never seems to change on the fundamental level that it needs to. dilute the market and create flash in the pan interest.... cool

MA ever thought of compensating for virtual world economic crisis?..or are they like the energy companies that let people die coz they cannot afford to heat their homes.
    hmmmm

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    MA ever thought of compensating for virtual world economic crisis?..or are they like the energy companies that let people die coz they cannot afford to heat their homes.

I had to pause and think a moment before responding to this.

First, really? Comparing an online game to people not being able to afford utilities irl? Isn't that a bit absurd? Aside from the fact that the online game is completely optional, there are organizations irl to help ppl durig times of crisis... and no, they are not all government organizations. In fact, they are largely private organizations, at least in the USA.

So, here's a thought. Want to jump-start the EU economy? How about you go ahead and create a Calypso Charity Center. Call it 3C for short. Then, invite all those avatars who are down on their luck, so to speak, and can provide proof of this, into the center. Then, based on the number of avatars they have to support.. erm, wait... there aren't EU families/children. Okay, so scratch that requirement. Okay, so based on their average monthly income, with proof, ofc, you can give them a monthly/weekly stipend based on a percentage of their previous income. In return, they must promise to continue to search for worthwhile employment in EU, and they can only use the peds you gave them to achieve basic neccessities required within EU. Yanno, things like utliites, food, etc.

OH, wait.. we don't need food and utilities within EU, and don't need to work.

Okay, here's another thought... Just hand your peds over, in increments of say, 500 peds, to the first person you see at the TP as you visit each city. Ecomony saved!

Mature
    Coz,

I decided to travel to Rocktopia for the first time a few weeks ago and was thrown in prison. I tried to apply for an indigent package from the commissary and instead of getting my needed supplies I was struck down by a CO. Do you think that is fair?

Mature
    Coz.. you fail to see the point. MA are in control here and they have the power to make EU AMAZING yet they fail to do it time and time again. Look at the big picture. Have you not experienced all the false promises? I'm not comparing the game to anything.. i'm comparing the management of it..... duh!

And have you not heard of the latest energy summit with the UK prime minister? alot of this MA management reminds me of real life profit grabbers.

2700 people died last winter coz they could not afford to heat their homes... they are told to insulate their lofts, shop aroiund for cheaper deals... which there are none.... they live in a high rise block of flats WITH NO LOFTS.. charities helped them not to do die?.... so how come they died? coz of selfish profiteers.
    Last edited by Madmax; 10-21-2011 at 21:04.
    hmmmm

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    Coz,

I decided to travel to Rocktopia for the first time a few weeks ago and was thrown in prison. I tried to apply for an indigent package from the commissary and instead of getting my needed supplies I was struck down by a CO. Do you think that is fair?
    Zar,

I feel for ya, m8... I really do. But instead of getting drunk in the local bar, trying to break into a safe with the intention of stealing, and getting tossed in jail, I am fighting off wild and enormous scorpion-like creatures on Calypso. We all make choices.. really.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast