Hatchling

Newb mining question

How do I know which finder and excavator to use for my level? is it the recommended level under the finder/excavator info? i am level 4 surveying and prospecting.

2. Sponsored Links
    Get a tt finder and go to foma after a few days and you will probably hit a big one..use a tt miner too...Rumor has it that noobs with hardly any skills or none at all get big ATHs there like the one that came today to a 3 week old player...

Old
    After what I've been told the arkadia (L) items are excellent for new players. TT stuff is great too for a while, once you get maximum points on the stuff, you can consider going on a new item (Finder / Excavator). Whole idea is the see where you get bonus skills in learning while not loosing out on the range / depth much. Hence a high level for a new miner like you would be worse to use than a low level one.

As for the recommendation for F.O.M.A - If you have money to burn, go there, it's like Las Vegas. Either you hit the jackpot or you don't. If I were you, I would perhaps play it safe and mine on the planet I was on untill I had the money for burning on foma.

Old
    Firstly don't listen to maya. Yes you can use the recommended level on the items to see what you can use vs your actual level professions. So just stick with TT z1 + extractor and you will do fine untill you want to go further down into the ground. Usually its recommended lvl + 3 lvls higher before the item is maxed out. Recommended is just when sib starts.